strange little town - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,434
strange little town

So I am stuck in Terre Huate, IN for another week for work this week and already suffering from withdrawal. I usually ride to work everyday and it's killing me knowing tomorrow I'll be stuck in the cage with 3 other guys for a 40 min commute.

This town has always boggled my mind, it's like a college town but not really. No one seems to go out anywhere. Lot's of bikes though, but kinda makes me a bit jealous.

anyway, not that this was worthy of it's own thread, but hola from Indiana.
fatburg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 10:06 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
I've passed through there on the way to NY from CO. It was nice. I don't remember if there were a lot of bikes there. What college is there? The 'college atmosphere' may not be prevalent there because of the location of the city though.
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 11:21 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatburg
So I am stuck in Terre Huate, IN for another week for work this week and already suffering from withdrawal. I usually ride to work everyday and it's killing me knowing tomorrow I'll be stuck in the cage with 3 other guys for a 40 min commute.

This town has always boggled my mind, it's like a college town but not really. No one seems to go out anywhere. Lot's of bikes though, but kinda makes me a bit jealous.

anyway, not that this was worthy of it's own thread, but hola from Indiana.
Isn't that were Capt Morgan is from? Drop by and see him.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:04 AM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVupON1
Isn't that were Capt Morgan is from? Drop by and see him.
I believe that you are correct SV, Captain Morgan is from Terre Haute, IN.
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:09 AM
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Maybe he can borrow the R6 since Capt don't want it anymore.

Submit your ride for the TWF Bike of the Month here


Currently ride 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 2005 GSXR 1000
jeeps84 is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:21 AM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps84
Maybe he can borrow the R6 since Capt don't want it anymore.
Um, he never said he didn't want it. Just can't afford it. There is a difference. Personally, I'd sell my cage before I got rid of my R6.
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:31 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 123
Isn't the MC museum in Indpls? Indy's not that far from Terre Haute. Just went thru bk in March on my way to and from MO & found this cool pub full of racing memorabilia--lots of autographed lids & some F1 stuff too. Plenty of pix, plus (for the guys) the scenery wasn't half bad.
BabyNinja is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:34 AM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyNinja
Isn't the MC museum in Indpls? Indy's not that far from Terre Haute. Just went thru bk in March on my way to and from MO & found this cool pub full of racing memorabilia--lots of autographed lids & some F1 stuff too. Plenty of pix, plus (for the guys) the scenery wasn't half bad.

I hope you are referring to the women and not like the countryside!
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:38 AM
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
I hope you are referring to the women and not like the countryside!

Submit your ride for the TWF Bike of the Month here


Currently ride 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 2005 GSXR 1000
jeeps84 is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:39 AM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Hey, it was a legit question!
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 09:00 AM
Ace
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,006
I stay in Tera Haute all the time when I visit a customer for business. Usually me and the other guy from my company who goes stay at the Hampton Inn, just down the street there is a Buffalo Wild Wings (bar) we grab a few beers at. Some good scenery there too (ladies) LOL
Ace is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:28 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
I thought the MC muesum is in Ohio?




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 02:05 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
I thought the MC muesum is in Ohio?

Yep, that's it GM. I was thinking abt the Hall of Fame museum. Diff. ballgame, lol.

Acc. to my AAA tourbook, there's squat to do in Terre Haute unless u like the artsy stuff. Same goes for Indy, except the Speedway & HoF museum. And I checked the vicinity of IL--same story. These folks need more fun!
BabyNinja is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 05:26 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
Um, he never said he didn't want it. Just can't afford it. There is a difference. Personally, I'd sell my cage before I got rid of my R6.
He never said he couldn't afford it either! He just wants to save more $ for his new house when he moves.

Here
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 05:37 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
I stay in Tera Haute all the time when I visit a customer for business. Usually me and the other guy from my company who goes stay at the Hampton Inn, just down the street there is a Buffalo Wild Wings (bar) we grab a few beers at. Some good scenery there too (ladies) LOL
Yeah B-dubs is the shiit. there's one out here i go to at least once a week.
DLIT is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
I stay in Tera Haute all the time when I visit a customer for business. Usually me and the other guy from my company who goes stay at the Hampton Inn, just down the street there is a Buffalo Wild Wings (bar) we grab a few beers at. Some good scenery there too (ladies) LOL
I've heard that about BWW, I'll have to try there tomorrow night. thanks for the rec
fatburg is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:10 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatburg
I've heard that about BWW, I'll have to try there tomorrow night. thanks for the rec
Yep, they've got some killer wings. I'd stop off occ. at the one in Raytown when I got a craving. I like the sweet sauce, but if ur into heat... there are some that could melt solid steel.
BabyNinja is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:25 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyNinja
Yep, that's it GM. I was thinking abt the Hall of Fame museum. Diff. ballgame, lol.

Acc. to my AAA tourbook, there's squat to do in Terre Haute unless u like the artsy stuff. Same goes for Indy, except the Speedway & HoF museum. And I checked the vicinity of IL--same story. These folks need more fun!
See sometimes I get one right!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:53 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
See sometimes I get one right!

yep,...sometimes!
BabyNinja is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,434
well the scenery was decent, but the long island iced teas were most excellent. Just wish it was a little closer to the hotel.

What really sucked is a little pocket bike vendor set up shop across the street from my hotel, it took everything in my being not to go over. Had I not drivin here with 3 other guys I probably would have bought one of those stupid things, haha
fatburg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome