Explosive Incident - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Explosive Incident

We just had an explosive incident at work. It may sound bad but everything is cool now. Could've been WAY worse though. There was a crew loading cluster bombs (big bang followed by a bunch of little big bangs) onto trailers and the proximity fuse hit the mast on the forklift. The housing of the fuse got cracked. Eveyone had to evacuate the area until EOD (explosive ordanance dispossal) determined the bomb safe. So they came out and determined it safe and removed the fuse so they can blow it up. Just a little bit of action at work today I felt like sharing. This wasn't as bad as when some dude dropped a live missile off of a 40 footer.
DLIT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 06:43 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
[email protected] DL that's some action. Dangerous work environment I take it..Hope you have a hellofa company life insurance policy.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 07:34 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 408
I'll stick to management, thanks

Larry

Rarely is the question stupid, but sometimes the answer is you need to run everything you read online through your own personal BS meter to determine if it makes sense to you.
larryg is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 08:09 PM
First 1000 Member
 
Guideon72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 543
Send a message via MSN to Guideon72
Man, that's just gotta make for a lot of tightly knit starfish....

I'm glad to hear it wasn't worse! Need to get one of those "I'm EOD, if you see me running you should be too" shirts


-G

“Jeezus Snyder...You've always had more horsepower than sense!" -Joe M.
Guideon72 is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 09:34 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,335
You sure the Air Force wants that info made public just yet?
Captain Morgan is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 10:15 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
You sure the Air Force wants that info made public just yet?
hmm..too late now.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 12:38 AM
First 1000 Member
 
Grafixx01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLITALIEN
We just had an explosive incident at work. It may sound bad but everything is cool now. Could've been WAY worse though. There was a crew loading cluster bombs (big bang followed by a bunch of little big bangs) onto trailers and the proximity fuse hit the mast on the forklift. The housing of the fuse got cracked. Eveyone had to evacuate the area until EOD (explosive ordanance dispossal) determined the bomb safe. So they came out and determined it safe and removed the fuse so they can blow it up. Just a little bit of action at work today I felt like sharing. This wasn't as bad as when some dude dropped a live missile off of a 40 footer.

Leave it to the Airforce to do something like that!

Army don't do nothing like that! You can even ask DJ for confirmation on that one!
Grafixx01 is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 10:48 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
You sure the Air Force wants that info made public just yet?
maybe he's hiddin from them now!!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 11:54 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
Leave it to the Airforce to do something like that!

Army don't do nothing like that! You can even ask DJ for confirmation on that one!
I have more respect for the Air Force than the Army.
airforce, marines, navy, army, national guard, then coast guard is my priority levels of respect.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 12:14 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafixx01
Leave it to the Airforce to do something like that!

Army don't do nothing like that! You can even ask DJ for confirmation on that one!

...well it had nothing to do with the branch and more the person. But I will agree.....THis would have never happened with DJ around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVupON1
I have more respect for the Air Force than the Army.
airforce, marines, navy, army, national guard, then coast guard is my priority levels of respect.
Why respect one more than the other??? No matter what they are out there putting their @$$e$ on the line to protect all of us. Army, Navy, AirForce Marines, they are all Number 1 in my book!!!!
3BoyzNaBike is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 12:17 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
WOW nicely put 3BoyzNaBike.


SVupON1...have you been in any of the branchs before???
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 12:25 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR750DJ
WOW nicely put 3BoyzNaBike.


SVupON1...have you been in any of the branchs before???
No I haven't, bbut I come from a Military family. My dad was in the Air Force for 27 years, My mom was in the Air Force for 15 years. I was in Navy Rotc, my little brother was in air force Rotc, my grand parents on both sides were in the Air force also. I have been exposed to alot of Military all my life, and moved around all my life also.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 12:43 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVupON1
No I haven't, bbut I come from a Military family. My dad was in the Air Force for 27 years, My mom was in the Air Force for 15 years. I was in Navy Rotc, my little brother was in air force Rotc, my grand parents on both sides were in the Air force also. I have been exposed to alot of Military all my life, and moved around all my life also.

You have been exposed to just the Air Force. Being in a family to it, you are drawn more to it then the rest. I was raised in a Army family. My father was in the Army, both grandfathers and even back further were all in the Army. Hell...look to the left and you will see I was in the Army. I have been all around the world and trained with almost every branch there is. I have even trained with other countries and there branchs they have. Me coming from an all Army background would never come off with a statement close to your about the Army better then the rest or I have more respect for them compared to the rest.

We all do the same thing and that is fight for our country. What I am going to suggest is that if you have never put on a uniform and fought for this country or helped serve...don't make statements like that.
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 12:51 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
I wasn't saying one is better than the other! I do have respect for all the branches, I realize they are all fighting for our country. My statement was towards Graff he led me to believe that the army was better then the air force with the comment "Leave it to the air force to do something like that! Army don't do nothing like that!"
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 01:06 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
If you look at the end of his statement..he is using the " " icon.....him and i both know that that would have never happen with the Army. He's right... we would have just said the hell with it and blown it up.
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 01:10 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR750DJ
If you look at the end of his statement..he is using the " " icon.....him and i both know that that would have never happen with the Army. He's right... we would have just said the hell with it and blown it up.
Well an accident like that can happen at anytime, I don't care what branch it happend too. That's why they are called an "accident"
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 01:28 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
Very true.
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 01:53 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
I respect all military!! They rock! And my hats off to all of them!!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 02:00 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
I respect all military!! They rock! And my hats off to all of them!!
3BoyzNaBike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome