1. It is my bike plates, not the car.
2. I claim Colorado as my residence so it doesn't matter, no scam.
3. I'm actually gonna send a letter to the head of the DMV about this situation, cause if that statute is correct and valid, then I don't pay the extra money.
4. Registering in Tx. don't even get me started on that. They said if I paid more in CO in taxes, then I won't pay anything in TX. Said TX plates would cost me like $30.00 I go there to get them and then they say, "That'll be $415.62. I was like, WTF!
5. New York has ONE set rate for your car/bike/plane/boat/jetski/etc and it doesn't change. That is why I HATE everything in between the two mountain ranges! And Sandamo, Texas and Colorado are still mid-west/west, don't matter.