i hate ebay - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,078
i hate ebay

well i cant say that but i had all the parts i need expecting to win and everything, because i had like 30 bucks over bid on them and i went to work, came back and it says you have lost the bid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


**** i need those parts now i can find a shifter and bracket set..... but i already have another rim in process of bidding and i WILLLLLL WIN that one......now all i NEED is a left blinker a tail light and shifter and bracekt
bulldog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 06:24 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
happy bidding bull. ebay is worldwide you can't be so pissed off because you lost a bid...it happends all the time...you left your computer and went to work.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 08:34 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,396
The rule is simple if your not going to be there at the auctions end, then really consider how much your willing to pay with shipping included and it is the right item all questions asked t's crossed and I's dotted and place your max bid and let it run it's course. If you loose someone else over paid. You didnt. Feel good about that and go to the next one. Dont bid war your way past retail for a used part.
Earlzach is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 09:43 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlzach
The rule is simple if your not going to be there at the auctions end, then really consider how much your willing to pay with shipping included and it is the right item all questions asked t's crossed and I's dotted and place your max bid and let it run it's course. If you loose someone else over paid. You didnt. Feel good about that and go to the next one. Dont bid war your way past retail for a used part.
Earl is right and I know I have suggested this before. You have to know what the retail price of the part is.... then take that price minus S&H and that should be your ABSOLUTE highest bid. So let's do the math together...
Example:
$50 retail price on a part
-$8 for the EBay auction's S&H
=$42 should be your max bid

Put in $42 and walk away. If somebody else bids more than that... just and realize you're smarter than that person... find another one and bid again...




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 09:47 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
Earl is right and I know I have suggested this before. You have to know what the retail price of the part is.... then take that price minus S&H and that should be your ABSOLUTE highest bid. So let's do the math together...
Example:
$50 retail price on a part
-$8 for the EBay auction's S&H
=$42 should be your max bid

Put in $42 and walk away. If somebody else bids more than that... just and realize you're smarter than that person... find another one and bid again...
their both right!
hooters_on_two_wheel is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Ace
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,006
I thought I had words of encouragement for Bull. Are we deleting posts again?


At any rate, the true value of something on eBay is what an individual places on it. Stuff goes for over retail value all the time there. I know this because I sell it!
Take for example a somewhat rare CD I sell. I drop ship directly from Amazon.com which any monkey could go to and order. Yet for whatever reason people think they get the best deal on ebay. So my purchase price of $10.49 goes for $17+ on eBay, I'd say thats a decent margin for a few minutes work.
Ace is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 10:24 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
I thought I had words of encouragement for Bull. Are we deleting posts again?


At any rate, the true value of something on eBay is what an individual places on it. Stuff goes for over retail value all the time there. I know this because I sell it!
Take for example a somewhat rare CD I sell. I drop ship directly from Amazon.com which any monkey could go to and order. Yet for whatever reason people think they get the best deal on ebay. So my purchase price of $10.49 goes for $17+ on eBay, I'd say thats a decent margin for a few minutes work.
Not saying your wrong, I was just thinking more in the lines that what he is looking to buy is used. I would not recommend winning a bid over New Item retail cost.
I havent bought a cd in so long I actually thought they were $15.00 to $18.00 anyhow so that wouldnt look so out of wack to me. I still wouldnt buy because shipping would kill the deal. Knowing or should I say thinking I could get it for & 17.00 at a local store. Your idea prolly is great on select Items.
Earlzach is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome