Two Wheel Forums banner

Fun with stickers!

5K views 58 replies 13 participants last post by  06gsxr750 
#1 · (Edited)
I still have stock decals and I've been hinting at getting new ones. Especially cause some of the stripes on the right side of my ride have been coming off from the previous owner not tying it down correctly on a trailer. This is what I have now except that I took off the white decals...

Not the point. i have narrowed down my choices to the following, but it's still a toss up for me... Replace bike model with a red 03 cbr600rr and imagine the tape color to be black reflective, cause its better to be reflective than not. Help me decide, my brain is starting to hurt.

I like this one cause it's half tribal and half flame

I like this one cause I kinda like how busy it is and it just has a good look to me. I would do kinda the same deal except my lowers would be reflective red and I would try to replace my gray lower fairings with black... or just spray paint them black cause who cares... they're lower fairings.

And so I don't get sued, all of these photos came from tapeworks.com and magically appeared on my post. Don't ask me, it's a miracle.

See less See more
#10 ·
It used to stand for Football and #3 was my number in high school, but that was like 6 years ago. The name kinda evolved to fly boy when I went into the air force, cause everyone always asks if you are a pilot when you say you're in the air force. I have learned to just say yes. And the ironmann cause I still friggin love that song by black sabbath. I am iiiiiiiirrrroooonmaaaan!

#18 ·
Well, if the general concensus here is to go with solid red, I will have to do that eventually even if I get a new decal set later on. And still another option, I could ghost the flames by color matching so that they are unseeable during the daytime but still reflect at night.

#24 ·
Ya, that's one of my concerns. I want something unique, cause I'm tired of seeing my exact bike every where I go, but I don't want to appear squidly or :gary: But I do like the reflective things a lot, I think that is cool as hell. I know my helmet, AC-11 zeek, has reflectivity in it and that makes me feel just a little bit safer. It was one of the things that sold me on it besides its SNELL M2000 rating.

#28 ·
Lol, ya it doesn't take a whole lot to go from wicked to poser. I went ahead and took off all my stock decals... I'm not too happy about the tank. The decals have left almost noticable indentations on the paint so it's like the outlines are still there, but I'm totally rocking the red now. I'll post up some pics when I get home from classes so I better not see any lame posts containing
:nopicsbs:

#44 ·
Lol, ya it doesn't take a whole lot to go from wicked to poser. I went ahead and took off all my stock decals... I'm not too happy about the tank. The decals have left almost noticable indentations on the paint so it's like the outlines are still there, but I'm totally rocking the red now. I'll post up some pics when I get home from classes so I better not see any lame posts containing
:nopicsbs:
:yikes: No you didn't!!!!!!:cry:

Those stickers were under the clear coat of your gas tank!!!!!! That's why there are inditations?

Did you have to cut them out I suspect????

#41 ·
Haven't you guys watched any of those Halo: Red vs Blue comedy series? It's not pink, it's light red! And I am definetly going with the yellow tribal one, only it'll be ghosted or just slightly off red to accent the bike without making it stand out. It'll be pretty decent I think.

I gaurantee nobody else is rockin the solid red 600rr in fargo so I'm happy right now. I'm unique once again.

#48 · (Edited)
No, definitly wasn't under the clear coat, they peeled right off. It is noticable tho, but I am a pretty decent with gravity fed paint and I have all the nessasary equipment. Not really a big deal and its only the tank that had that problem. I'll have to very very lightly wet sand and clear coat. If I go through the top coat on the wet sand I'm gonna be veeeeeeeery pissed. And yes yes, i agree about ghosting the tribal flames from the first pic and I'm going to do it, but I've been spending too much lately and I gotta reign myself. I think i am gonna rock the red for a while but I am 99.99% i'll be putting on those decals. One project at a time and I do have to worry about work and college. And it doesn't look plain at all in RL. It just looks crappy cause it was a crappy shot at night.

#51 ·
Titties. I can't wait to see the pics. Yall think it would be overkill if I clear coated all my panels after I put on my decals?.. when I get them that is. I've never clear coated on top of a current and decent clear coat so I don't know if I would need to wet sand. Any advice?

#53 · (Edited)
You could clear coat over the decals, but it would probably be a waste of time/money IMO... to smooth the coat into one continuous blend would take a LOT of clear coat to smooth out the rough edge of the decal... The wet sand option I mentioned would only be necessary to hide the lip you created if the decals you removed were underneath the original clear coat...

Also, some decals will bleed their colors if you use certain types of clear coats... Again, IMHO, no clear coat needed... just rock out the decals...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.