2008 milage contest - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Contest Winner
'07 Rally Veteran
November 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cbus, OH, and about 100,000 posts behind the post whore
Posts: 7,649
Send a message via AIM to drewpy
2008 milage contest

A modest propsal...

i vote all interested parties should anny up something like 20 bucks and get a vendor to help out and the member with the most miles by december 31st 2008 wins what ever prize we decide on, the more ppl involved, the bigger the prize!!!

do the photo start like last time, and photo finish like last time.



"It takes alot of anything to make my bike to something"
2001 RC51
drewpy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 01:47 PM

 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
A modest propsal...

i vote all interested parties should anny up something like 20 bucks and get a vendor to help out and the member with the most miles by december 31st 2008 wins what ever prize we decide on, the more ppl involved, the bigger the prize!!!

do the photo start like last time, and photo finish like last time.
Interesting proposal.... but I think geographically we'll have users that have a completely unfair advantage over the other users.... Not sure if it's quite so marketable to do a complete year-end milage contest for $$$$... Maybe some other prize instead?
Amblyopic is offline  
post #3 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Contest Winner
'07 Rally Veteran
November 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cbus, OH, and about 100,000 posts behind the post whore
Posts: 7,649
Send a message via AIM to drewpy
its not for the money, its for something from a supporting vendor, like a tank bag or something i was just thinking of something other then a title or signature



"It takes alot of anything to make my bike to something"
2001 RC51
drewpy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 01:54 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Yeah right....people forking over cash. w/ that one.



marko138 is offline  
post #5 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Contest Winner
'07 Rally Veteran
November 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cbus, OH, and about 100,000 posts behind the post whore
Posts: 7,649
Send a message via AIM to drewpy
or we could pick a date to start & end on that is fair so our northern riders have a fair chance



"It takes alot of anything to make my bike to something"
2001 RC51
drewpy is offline  
post #6 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Contest Winner
'07 Rally Veteran
November 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cbus, OH, and about 100,000 posts behind the post whore
Posts: 7,649
Send a message via AIM to drewpy
ok, cash wont work, maybe a supporting vendor could step in an help a forum out



"It takes alot of anything to make my bike to something"
2001 RC51
drewpy is offline  
post #7 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 01:56 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
ok, cash wont work, maybe a supporting vendor could step in an help a forum out
We don't have supporting vendors anymore either.



marko138 is offline  
post #8 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Contest Winner
'07 Rally Veteran
November 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cbus, OH, and about 100,000 posts behind the post whore
Posts: 7,649
Send a message via AIM to drewpy
what happened to that?



"It takes alot of anything to make my bike to something"
2001 RC51
drewpy is offline  
post #9 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 01:59 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
what happened to that?

Shan is working on a re-structuring of the SV system. So until thats ready....



I think you've got a good idea here...but at this point we are up against it. It's only 5 days till the new year. We've got to act quick.

Lets see what GM has to say about a prize or somthing.



marko138 is offline  
post #10 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 02:05 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,720
know how easy it would be for me to photochop a picture of my milage?
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #11 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 02:11 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I think you've got a good idea here...but at this point we are up against it. It's only 5 days till the new year. We've got to act quick.

Lets see what GM has to say about a prize or somthing.
I think it's a great idea, but that is a valid point about some poeple having an unfair advantage (re: us southerners in the no-snow zone).

Might be good to save this until Spring thaw and do it for maybe a 6 month period or something (since I know that's about how long riding season is for many of you).

As for photochopping :shrug: Eh, if someone really wants to go to those lengths just to cheat someone else out of a t-shirt or a tankbag, it's their conscience, ya know?
neebelung is offline  
post #12 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 02:17 PM
TWF Champion
 
SVRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 3,631
Send a message via Yahoo to SVRider
what about those that switch rides mid season?

What would ya do if ya get a new bike???

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
they make the one i posted in a strap on version
SVRider is offline  
post #13 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 02:22 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRider View Post
what about those that switch rides mid season?

What would ya do if ya get a new bike???
there's always going to be "what if's" and not every one of them can be anticipated or planned for. If you get a new ride mid-season, HEY, that's your prize and you forfeit your entry in the contest.
neebelung is offline  
post #14 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Lifetime Premium

 
vabarber2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: VA, but currently in the sand!
Posts: 3,693
Send a message via AIM to vabarber2 Send a message via Yahoo to vabarber2 Send a message via Skype™ to vabarber2
Love the idea! Why not start it with a meet up that way you can check milege and anty up, then end it with photo or another meet prior to dec so its fair. Ofcourse their would have to be a meet per region for ya'll who work to often and to hard to make a long journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabarber2 View Post
~Riding is you making sweet love with the bike and the road! Dont let no girl get between that!
vabarber2 is offline  
post #15 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 02:37 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
I think it's a great idea, but that is a valid point about some poeple having an unfair advantage (re: us southerners in the no-snow zone).

Might be good to save this until Spring thaw and do it for maybe a 6 month period or something (since I know that's about how long riding season is for many of you).

As for photochopping :shrug: Eh, if someone really wants to go to those lengths just to cheat someone else out of a t-shirt or a tankbag, it's their conscience, ya know?

i hear ya, but my point is they wouldnt have to really go through any sort of length to do it.

i'll illustrate my point.


I think a great idea would be to take pics at the beginning of the spring, and then have a contest winner when we get down to deals gap in the summer... so like a 2-3 month contest.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #16 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Contest Winner
'07 Rally Veteran
November 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cbus, OH, and about 100,000 posts behind the post whore
Posts: 7,649
Send a message via AIM to drewpy



"It takes alot of anything to make my bike to something"
2001 RC51
drewpy is offline  
post #17 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 02:42 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,720


Last edited by NONE_too_SOFT; 12-26-2007 at 02:45 PM.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #18 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 03:04 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
i hear ya, but my point is they wouldnt have to really go through any sort of length to do it.

i'll illustrate my point.


I think a great idea would be to take pics at the beginning of the spring, and then have a contest winner when we get down to deals gap in the summer... so like a 2-3 month contest.
I'm not saying it'd be hard to photochop; I'm saying if someone really wants to cheat, there's ALWAYS going to be ways they can do it.

And not everyone can make it to the Gap. We've got people on the West Coast ya know (and I ride the hell outta my bike, but I just can't do the Gap this year... shooting for '09).
neebelung is offline  
post #19 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 03:06 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,720
yea, but its INCENTIVE to get there. I'd like to have twice as many people this year.


I think it'd be a good idea to have some stuff we can do to look forward to the trip at least.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #20 of 132 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 03:12 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
yea, but its INCENTIVE to get there. I'd like to have twice as many people this year.


I think it'd be a good idea to have some stuff we can do to look forward to the trip at least.
Eh, a mileage contest isn't gonna convince me to go, nor do I expect it would convince someone to come from across the country.

I WANT to go, just can't this year. No contest is gonna change that.
neebelung is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome