Two Wheel Forums banner

Is this too good to be true?

5K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  jeeps84 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I found a GSX 750 2006 on carsoup.com and I'm wondering what you think about this sale. Maybe it's just me, but doesn't this seem too good to be true? Check out the sale:

http://carsoup.com/used/detail.asp?...D=3&UVViewID=4&Page=2&Refine=1&DealerGroupID=

I emailed the seller asking him for some more info and this was his response;

Hello there and thanks for your interest.

The bike is in excellent condition as you can see from the pictures.
No scratches or any kind of damage.
If you are interested in buying it the price is $2900 US.
The bike will be shipped from UK on my expense and will be delivered directly to your door in 6-7 days.
I will pay the shipping fees.The bike will be insured at the shipping company for the transport.
All documents, including owner's manual, clear title and a bill of sale on your name will be provided along with the bike.
The transaction will be made Square Trade for our own safety.
You will have 15 days from the time you receive the bike to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name(to forward it to Attorney's Office) so they can initiate the deal.

I'm a serious seller and a fair trader and I prefer to deal only with a serious buyer.If you agree with this please let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

:idk: What is your opinion on this bike/sale?

See less See more
#3 ·
should be put in the newb section with all of the other rippoffs and scams noobs want to believe, no offense i say the same thing for a 05 R1 for like 3k, so did some other ppl it was just a rip off

#9 ·
funny thing the bank doesnt know they are fake
my gramps had a company say we send you 2k and u do this and this and they will send the rest
well, they send the 2k and the bank cashed it and he never heard back from them :lol:

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)

Being that it's a scam, have fun with them. They tell you it's crated up, tell them you'll pay them an extra $1,000 to uncrate it and let your cousin in the military ride it. Or lead them to thinking you'll buy it and say you're gonna send the money. Just keep stalling him and see how long it takes for them to give up. That's what I would do.

#18 ·
:BAHA: Forrest...too funny

Yea the pages those scammers make up are so believable too,all the agent names and case numbers will check out,links to the third party...etc.,etc....

#22 ·
Check this out

Hey guys,
I decided to go further with some questions about the GSX and sent him this e-mail:

Well, as much as I really want this deal...I can't go through with it. Sorry Jason, but I think this is a scam...unless you stoled this bike or got it for free there is no way you would sell it this cheap. I have a hunch you would take the money and run, and I'd never see the bike.

Could I ship the bike back to you, within the fifteen days, at no charge to me if I buy it? is that what the square trader means? or would I have to pay to ship it back to you?

and this was his response........

Hi,
My wife works for the shipping company and I benefit by their services for free once per year. I thought this opportunity will facilitate our transaction and make it more advantageous.
It is cheaper to sell the bike back to the US than to pay all the fees for the emissionsand for the registration in the UK.
To send it back to me it will cost you nothing.
I have a proposal for you :
If you want, you can make the transfer to your wife's name and only use my location. In this way I will be able to check, from here with any Western Union Office, if you have the money available. I will send you the bike and after you receive and inspect the bike you change the receiver name into my name.
In this way I will be sure you have the money available for me and you will be sure your money will be there on your wife's name until you get your bike.
What do you think? It's ok? Please believe me that this is the only way in which I can receive the money here without being forced to register the bike in UK.
I will understand if you change your mind but please let me know asap what will be your final decision.
Thanks, Jason

:idk: what is he talking about?....I don't have a wife! he's off his rocker!:crazy:

#24 ·
Hey guys,
I decided to go further with some questions about the GSX and sent him this e-mail:

Well, as much as I really want this deal...I can't go through with it. Sorry Jason, but I think this is a scam...unless you stoled this bike or got it for free there is no way you would sell it this cheap. I have a hunch you would take the money and run, and I'd never see the bike.

Could I ship the bike back to you, within the fifteen days, at no charge to me if I buy it? is that what the square trader means? or would I have to pay to ship it back to you?

and this was his response........

Hi,
My wife works for the shipping company and I benefit by their services for free once per year. I thought this opportunity will facilitate our transaction and make it more advantageous.
It is cheaper to sell the bike back to the US than to pay all the fees for the emissionsand for the registration in the UK.
To send it back to me it will cost you nothing.
I have a proposal for you :
If you want, you can make the transfer to your wife's name and only use my location. In this way I will be able to check, from here with any Western Union Office, if you have the money available. I will send you the bike and after you receive and inspect the bike you change the receiver name into my name.
In this way I will be sure you have the money available for me and you will be sure your money will be there on your wife's name until you get your bike.
What do you think? It's ok? Please believe me that this is the only way in which I can receive the money here without being forced to register the bike in UK.
I will understand if you change your mind but please let me know asap what will be your final decision.
Thanks, Jason

:idk: what is he talking about?....I don't have a wife! he's off his rocker!:crazy:
The second he mentioned Western Union, you should have known it was a scam and thrown the :wbs: :2cents:

#23 ·
He mentioned Western Union and that he is over seas. This is absolutely 100% without a doubt scam.

He is saying you Western Union the money to him. The bike will remain in HIS name until you recieve it. You wont recieve it and he bails with your loot.

This is one of the oldest scams on the internet.

#27 ·
Yeah just clarify with us that you are just harrasing the guy... once we are sure of you on that... we will help you harrass him!

Now... why do you guys say western union = scam. They are all over the world. Is it cause its a tell tale sign of the scam?

#28 ·
Yes. Legit people dont buy and sell via Western Union. The oldest cam in the book. To recieve money all you have to do is show ID, which of course can be fake and then you have no way of getting your money back because you dont know who you sent the money too. Just the location of the WU office the money was sent to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.