Two Wheel Forums banner

member reviews

5K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  drewpy 
#1 ·
just a suggestion, but what about a members review section where we can put in our two cents in about the various gear and add-ons that we have come across or used? nothing too big but maybe a gear section and a mod section, just some sort of orginzed filing so the reviews can be opened up in a timely fashion. :idk: :cheers: :readng:

#3 ·
rept...

break the section into diferent subsections.

MEMBER REVIEWS

GEAR-

helmets-
jackets-
suits-
gloves-
boots-
misc-

TIRES-

Pilot powers-
Pilot powers-
Pilot powers-
misc-

PERFORMANCE-

Brakes-
Suspension-
Steering-
misc-

COSMETIC-
misc

#8 ·
true, but if somebody posts a review there it is likely to get heckled and nay-sayed.

I think a system where a review can be submitted for a product to a mod so they can assure its authenticity (not a simple "omg i love arai helmets they are the best i havent ridden with it on yet but the graphix are so cool")

that way a single product can be the thread title, and every reply to the thread will be another members review of the product. no useless "omg i agree completely even though i dont own this said product".

like so.

"so and so helmet reviews"

Suzie q's review-
blah blah blah blah

Jimmy johns review-
yatta yatta yatta

and so on and so forth as to avoid the usual off topic banter and postwhoring this forum is so popular for.

after all, we dont need reviews of reviews.

#28 ·
i think this is a great idea. reviews will be reviewed by mods just to be sure that some sort of objectivity is maintianed, and not just a "sucks/rocks" post. Of course we'll have to do our part to give a proper and thorough review of said product and make it a valueable database.

multiple reviews on one product will all be under the same link (click whatever) for ease of access. Example:

ICON Mainframe

AGV Ti Tech

ARAI Corsair
and further to

ARAI CORSAIR
  • blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah -marko

• blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah -NTS
i think it would be great :2cents:

#33 ·
i think the idea is to have more of a database of informal reviews. Not replacing TWF proper reviews, but something more organised than a subforum of "this sucks" and "this rocks" though i hope that will stay.

Personally I think its a good idea because when Tater posted his tire info thread, alot of the tire questions stopped being asked. (not that we dont want to help) but we didnt have a new thread with the same question being answered for the 4th time. It means someone was lookin for info and found it here (a credit to this site). I know that when i do general web searches on things i get directed to forums where someone posted about it... i think it would be cool if i do a general search and im directed here. :2cents:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.