Wow This weekend was very productive for me! I was extremely determined to get things done. Some stuff I was suprised I did!!! Keep in mind that the mechanic that had my bike for two whole monts and did NOTHING!!! Here is the list of things I did:
1. Install Frame Sliders (compliments of Speedwerks Thanks guys!!!). I had limited tools to cut the fairings. If you look closely, you can tell which fairing I cut first. It looks like I was drunk when I did the first one
2. Relocate the radiator resivoir (it sounds easier than it was, at least to me
3. Bleed front brakes. The fluid coming out was dark brown/black sludgy stuff, a vast improvement in the front
4. Replace bent header. This was hindering the attachment of the rear braket to the muffler, and it sounds way better now that the pipe is not pinched anymore. The radiator was sort of a pain to move out of the way, but like I said, I was really determined to get it done.
5. Adjust idle. It was idling at under 1K, and most of the time, it would just conk out and die at idle, even with some choke on. Thanks to the help of Speedwerks again to help me with this solution and giving me the general idea!
6. Replace dirty air filter. I just replaced it with a new OEM filter. I plan to get a K&N sometime soon.
7. CLEAN THE EVER LIVING S**T OUT OF IT!!! This took the most time. Im not kidding when I say the yellow rims were so greasy and dirty, and sandy (yes I said sandy, compliments of jackass mechanic) they were practically black. Now they shine like no other
. I also learned that Goo-Gone is my friend. Cleaning it also included removing crappy decals from previouis owner. Some stupid team decal was on the windscreen. That was an easy fix. The farings have seen better days, but they are clean, the scrathces just show really well.
8. Reinstall the tire weights on the rim. I marked them after they fell off. Just needed some adhesive that I picked up at Wally World. No sweat!
I started at 11:00 AM and didnt finish until 5:00. The bike has never ran or looked so good since it was in my possesion. It runs like a champ now
. I am kinda proud of all the work I did. I have a substantially better understand of my bike now that I worked on it so much! Well, enough jibber-jabber, now for the pics!!! Enjoy!!!
I would also like to add a thank you Speedwerks for the Vortex Stand thats in these shots. It made working on my bike MUCH easier