Two Wheel Forums banner

Helmet Price

3K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  CB1terror 
#1 ·
I found a Soumy Vandal (XL) with the "Aces" paint scheme at a dealer for $239. It looks like an awesome deal to me. MSRP is $369.95. I found one on ebay for $160, but it has 3 days left, and most Suomy helmets are going for $400 or more.

Real question here: Dealer said their prices might change after a show in about 10 days...What are the chances of this being good for me? Anyone have any problems with suomy quality? Thinking of buying this helmet today, as it is the only one they have.:help:

#2 ·
Helmet Q

Ok- repost- but this is kind of time-sensitive.

Found a Suomy Vandal (Aces, XL) for $239. ebay prices are around $400- one is $170 now, but has three days left. Should I jump on it? Dealer says prices might change after a show in 10 days- I don't know if this will be good or bad...:help:

#3 ·
Ok- repost- but this is kind of time-sensitive.

Found a Suomy Vandal (Aces, XL) for $239. ebay prices are around $400- one is $170 now, but has three days left. Should I jump on it? Dealer says prices might change after a show in 10 days- I don't know if this will be good or bad...:help:
Sounds like a solid price but I think Marko paid less for his. I think it was like $160 shipped with an extra visor.

#9 · (Edited)
I believe it! :dthumb: Here's a question- how do I get that nasty label off the lens? I was sitting on an RSV with the helmet on, and couldn't see to put it back. :nonod: Had to take the lid off to move the bike.

I'm this close to getting the helmet. Just worried my mom will flip. If she doesn't, maybe I;ll take her to look at bikes this weekend. :LOL:

#11 ·
i am unfamiliar with this label you speak of, mainly because i own shoei helmets (the 2nd best of the best). perhaps a suomy owner will chime in here with a suggestion.
It looked like some liablity and safety junk. I've seen it on a lot of helmets... and Who is the best in helmets? Arai?

#15 ·
I just bought an Arai on ebay 2 days ago $214. has not got here tho. looks really nice fom the pic's . and of course 2 hrs later there are like 10 more in my price range. Don't be in a hurry someone is always selling stuff you want.

Thats my :2cents:

#19 ·
Yeah- went to get it today. That sticker is just a cling- peels right off. Only one problem- dude told me $300 + tax. F THAT! The woman told me $239. He did say to check back the 19th. "When the new colors come out, that's when the sales will be released":cursin: This close!! One good thing though- the moms is cool with the idea. :whew: At the Aprilia dealer, she said about wanting a Vespa. At the Kawi and Zuki, she was drooling over the cruisers. :lol: :skep: :scratch: Can't say we have the same taste, but that's a big relief.:angelhap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.