Rae, ya wanna meet up with us in Ocala this weekend? - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Question Rae, ya wanna meet up with us in Ocala this weekend?

There's a big group of us heading down/up to ride Ocala Nat'l Forest this weekend... wanna come?
neebelung is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Rae
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,213
hmmm, where is that exactly...mapquesting....
Rae is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quite literally smack dab in the middle of the state....

We're all heading down/up Saturday evening, meeting for dinner, crashing at some hotel on the edge of the forest, then riding all day Sunday.
neebelung is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Rae
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,213
hmmm, correct me if I am wrong, but is it in the middle of the panhandle or the middle of the leg of FL? Cuz I am looking, and amd seeing one right smack dab in the middle of the leg part and I would LOVE to go, but its a bit far for me to ride...
Rae is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
hmmm, correct me if I am wrong, but is it in the middle of the panhandle or the middle of the leg of FL? Cuz I am looking, and amd seeing one right smack dab in the middle of the leg part and I would LOVE to go, but its a bit far for me to ride...
Um, the leg... as in smack dab in the middle of the MAIN part of the state.

I figured it was far, but can't hurt to ask, right?
neebelung is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Rae
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Um, the leg... as in smack dab in the middle of the MAIN part of the state.

I figured it was far, but can't hurt to ask, right?

I am super glad ya did!! If it was summer time and a lil warmer, plus if I had known a lil more in advance, I would SO be there!!!

Keep me in mind for any future ones, I would love to meet up!! Maybe some of us can meet up a lil farther north in the middle sometime?
Rae is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:37 PM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Get a hold of OSP. He isn't that far away.
Rider is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
I am super glad ya did!! If it was summer time and a lil warmer, plus if I had known a lil more in advance, I would SO be there!!!

Keep me in mind for any future ones, I would love to meet up!! Maybe some of us can meet up a lil farther north in the middle sometime?
Definitetly!! We've been doing some long rides just about EVERY weekend... I know we're planning another one for sometime in late January (as in a big group event kinda thing) so once something is set in stone, I'll letcha know.
neebelung is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Get a hold of OSP. He isn't that far away.
Pffft... he's actually ON the local/FL board that this ride is posted on, but he's been MIA there, too. Posted once to let us know he'd made it down here safely, and then *POOF* gone!
neebelung is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 05:20 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,152
should we be worried?
Crazy250 is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 05:37 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
too bad none of you florida people live near palm beach...

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
too bad none of you florida people live near palm beach...
....why? (there's lots of folks down there on the local/FL board)
neebelung is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 09:44 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
....why? (there's lots of folks down there on the local/FL board)
I needed someone to go buy my helmet and ship it to me. The dealership really didn't want to ship it to me because "they don't do that." I finally got them to ship it though. It was a closed out helmet that was no longer available in my size, so I called the Shoei distributor and got the last 10 or so dealerships to purchase the helmet in that size and called one by one til I found one still in stock.

I am persistent to say the least...

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I needed someone to go buy my helmet and ship it to me. The dealership really didn't want to ship it to me because "they don't do that." I finally got them to ship it though. It was a closed out helmet that was no longer available in my size, so I called the Shoei distributor and got the last 10 or so dealerships to purchase the helmet in that size and called one by one til I found one still in stock.

I am persistent to say the least...
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... what helmet??
neebelung is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 09:51 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... what helmet??
It's the only shoei US design I even remotely like...


2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Ohhhhhhhhh, that's beautiful (and, not that you care, but it'll look great with your bike).
neebelung is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 09:59 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Ohhhhhhhhh, that's beautiful (and, not that you care, but it'll look great with your bike).
yeah, I like crazy colored helmets, thats why I bought the KBC flare design.


2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I needed someone to go buy my helmet and ship it to me. The dealership really didn't want to ship it to me because "they don't do that." I finally got them to ship it though. It was a closed out helmet that was no longer available in my size, so I called the Shoei distributor and got the last 10 or so dealerships to purchase the helmet in that size and called one by one til I found one still in stock.

I am persistent to say the least...
is so hard about sticking a label on a box? Yanno they got the box n ship various things out Glad you got them to see it your way tho
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 10:06 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
is so hard about sticking a label on a box? Yanno they got the box n ship various things out Glad you got them to see it your way tho
Apparently they sell stuff for pretty cheap and just dont feel like dealing with the hassle of packaging stuff. I got a great deal on the helmet. A lot lower than normal stealership cost and in line with closeout ebay shoei x-11s.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Contest Winner
'07 Rally Veteran
November 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cbus, OH, and about 100,000 posts behind the post whore
Posts: 7,649
Send a message via AIM to drewpy
flower power



"It takes alot of anything to make my bike to something"
2001 RC51
drewpy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome