Two Wheel Forums banner

March 2007 TwoWheelForum/Shift Racing Bike Of The Month

19K views 30 replies 26 participants last post by  Mange16v 
#1 ·
March 2007 Bike Of The Month

The March 2007 TwoWheelForum/Shift Racing Bike Of The Month is a 1995 CBR900RR owned by forum member "Sime".

Mods list:

1995 CBR900RR. USA delivered. Now resides in Australia.
1999 CBR900RR main body, tank and gauges
2004 Gixxer 1000 tail section with Hot Bodies Undertail
Custom painted (by me) with Camel MotoGP 2003 race graphics. All graphics clearcoated in.
VFR750 Single sided swingarm with concealed brake line.
VFR800 rear wheel
2002 CBR954 Upside down forks
2001 RC51 SP1 front wheel
Braking Wave rotors
945cc Formula Xtreme race motor (153.6 RWHP)
39mm Keihin flatslide carbs
Erion Endurance Cams
Titanium Rods
Undercut transmission
520 conversion -1/+2
Two Brothers Racing High Mount full system
Pazzo CNC levers
LP steering dampner
Corbin seat
For being selected as Bike Of the Month, this month's winner receives a FREE T-Shirt courtesy of Shift Racing.

See less See more
#16 ·
Hi all,

Thanks so much for the compliments. It means a lot to me that you all think so highly of my bike.

I'm really happy that this 'old thang' is actually a '95, yet it can still mix it with the new bikes! It was a lot of fun building it, and you'll all be happy to know that it's not a garage queen.... I really enjoy riding it - a lot. But I might have to look for a new project bike now. :) Don't worry...this ones a keeper.

Cheers!
Sime

PS. Dlit....thanks especially for the 15,000 post dedication. :cheers:

#19 ·
Deserving for sure. Incredible bike and VERY qulity work grafting so many parts together. I LOVE THE BLACK POWERDER COATED PIPE! I wanna do the same to my SS Muzzys i made into a shorty.

#25 ·
Thanks guys!!

I ride the bike to work and back at least 2-3 days per week....so it really does get ridden.

As I do custom painting on the side, I was toying with the idea of changing the paint scheme to the 'HM Plant' racing team. What do you all think about that idea?

If not that color scheme, what else do you recommend? I do want to keep the wheels black however, so a Repsol scheme is outa the question (it's been done to death anyways).

Cheers,
Sime

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.