Chicago International Motorcycle Show - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Chicago International Motorcycle Show

Anyone going to the International Motorcycle Show in Chigago? Its Feb 9-11.
Rider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 10:16 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
You're going to chicago instead of Novi?




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
You're going to chicago instead of Novi?
Where the hell is Novi?
Rider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 11:07 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,210
http://motorcycleshows.com/motorcycl....jsp?id=359152

Its this weekend here:
Rock Financial Showplace
46100 Grand River Avenue
Novi, MI 48374

Show Hours
Friday, 4pm - 9pm
Saturday, 9:30am - 8pm
Sunday, 9:30am - 5pm

Novi is a straight shot down 96, about an hour from Lansing so I think maybe 2 hours for you? Were going tomorrow afternoon.
Pippi is offline  
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippi View Post
http://motorcycleshows.com/motorcycl....jsp?id=359152

Its this weekend here:
Rock Financial Showplace
46100 Grand River Avenue
Novi, MI 48374

Show Hours
Friday, 4pm - 9pm
Saturday, 9:30am - 8pm
Sunday, 9:30am - 5pm

Novi is a straight shot down 96, about an hour from Lansing so I think maybe 2 hours for you? Were going tomorrow afternoon.

Hmm short notice, but I will see if I can make it.


Gas, Are you going?
Rider is offline  
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 12:09 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippi View Post
http://motorcycleshows.com/motorcycl....jsp?id=359152

Its this weekend here:
Rock Financial Showplace
46100 Grand River Avenue
Novi, MI 48374

Show Hours
Friday, 4pm - 9pm
Saturday, 9:30am - 8pm
Sunday, 9:30am - 5pm

Novi is a straight shot down 96, about an hour from Lansing so I think maybe 2 hours for you? Were going tomorrow afternoon.


Cool, I'll be going to the one in Atlanta next month.....Make sure you take some pictures for all of us to see.....
1BadCBR is offline  
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 12:10 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR_Z750s_rider View Post
Where the hell is Novi?
Novi, MI
1BadCBR is offline  
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 12:10 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadCBR View Post
Cool, I'll be going to the one in Atlanta next month.....Make sure you take some pictures for all of us to see.....
I was gonna post about this in the Southeast area in a few weeks... we're plannin on heading up to Atlanta for that. We'll have to (try to) meet up!
neebelung is offline  
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 03:18 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
I was gonna post about this in the Southeast area in a few weeks... we're plannin on heading up to Atlanta for that. We'll have to (try to) meet up!
have you already reserved your tickets and your room the the weekend?
1BadCBR is offline  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 03:35 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadCBR View Post
have you already reserved your tickets and your room the the weekend?
Ummmm... nope. (Feb is super busy, so it'll probably be a fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants kinda trip... and we do have friends up in Cumming we can stay with as well)
neebelung is offline  
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 08:44 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Ummmm... nope. (Feb is super busy, so it'll probably be a fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants kinda trip... and we do have friends up in Cumming we can stay with as well)
Good deal......I'll probably get my tickets in a week or so.
1BadCBR is offline  
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Chi town, No. Novi, NO. Atl., I might make that one.

Submit your ride for the TWF Bike of the Month here


Currently ride 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 2005 GSXR 1000
jeeps84 is offline  
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 02:46 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,210
So, went to the show Saturday afternoon - lots of people there but have to say it wasn't any better from the years past. Also they had some "different" vendors there, i.e. jewelry (non-motorcycle related stuff). Suzuki had a lack luster display IMO. Nice to check things out but once again left me less than impressed. Here are a couple pics.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	retrovfr.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	6673   Click image for larger version

Name:	whiterr.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	6674   Click image for larger version

Name:	showrepsol.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	6675   Click image for larger version

Name:	pippistandup.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	6676  
Pippi is offline  
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:05 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,181
yo Pippi.....good pix ....got to get my hands on that Repsol..
YZFR61ST is offline  
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:09 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFR61ST View Post
yo Pippi.....good pix ....got to get my hands on that Repsol..

Yeah - I thought it was HOTT!!!!
Pippi is offline  
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:13 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadCBR View Post
Cool, I'll be going to the one in Atlanta next month.....Make sure you take some pictures for all of us to see.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
I was gonna post about this in the Southeast area in a few weeks... we're plannin on heading up to Atlanta for that. We'll have to (try to) meet up!

My g/f and I are going to the Atlanta show. Would be cool to meet you guys and gals.
fpzx10 is offline  
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippi View Post
So, went to the show Saturday afternoon - lots of people there but have to say it wasn't any better from the years past. Also they had some "different" vendors there, i.e. jewelry (non-motorcycle related stuff). Suzuki had a lack luster display IMO. Nice to check things out but once again left me less than impressed. Here are a couple pics.....
The new VFR in the annivesary paint job. Looks good. The Repsol is sweet.

DSB had booth there, did you check that out? I couldnt make, I have to wait until the Chicago show.
Rider is offline  
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:23 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
How'd the new CBR look in person, Pippi?
DLIT is offline  
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:24 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR_Z750s_rider View Post
The new VFR in the annivesary paint job. Looks good. The Repsol is sweet.

DSB had booth there, did you check that out? I couldnt make, I have to wait until the Chicago show.
Yeah, saw the booth and some of the guys that came on the ride with us. I think some of the bigger city shows like Chicago/Atlanta may be better
Pippi is offline  
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:27 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
How'd the new CBR look in person, Pippi?

Looked nice - different to see Honda do the white too. Cant really tell from the pic but it was a sweet pearlized white. My first bike was a Honda so I'm still a bit of a Honda girl at heart....as if you couldn't tell from the pics LOL. I love my gixxer but the Honda display was where I spent the most time.
Pippi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome