Which new Jacket? Need opinions..... - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 454
Question Which new Jacket? Need opinions.....

So I need a new jacket. I found two I like in the closeouts section on Newenough.com.


First one is a Joe Rocket Meteor 4.0:

Link ------>
http://newenough.com/closeouts/barga...le_jacket.html

The second one is a Tour Master Advance Sport:

Link ------>http://newenough.com/closeouts/barga...le_jacket.html

I am leaning more towards the Joe Rocket one. In solid black. Although the blue and black one wouldn't be too bad and it would match my bike great. I wanted the black one so when I get a different bike the jacket will match it. The prices are too good to pass up...

Any opinions on the above jackets would be great. Thanks

bikergal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Factory Racer
 
jalaan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 2,022
my vote's for the JR.

'99 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7R, My 3/4 Liter
".. speed, you can't touch it, but you damn sure can feel it! "
jalaan1 is offline  
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalaan1 View Post
my vote's for the JR.
yea it looks better
PlayfulGod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 10:19 PM
October 2005 BOTM Winner!
First 1000 Member
 
itgirl25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: hanover, PA
Posts: 4,082
Send a message via AIM to itgirl25 Send a message via Yahoo to itgirl25
definately the JR. i love my JR gear.



PS you almost have me considering the blue/black for myself. that's a great price! but i already have 2 JRs and an icon jacket. guess i don't really need another.

when you turn your bike on, does it return the favor?



http://www.myspace.com/itgirl25
itgirl25 is offline  
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
GSXRGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Riding, Driving or at the Track
Posts: 964
Go for the Joe Rocket

03 GSXR 600
..99 SC Coupe
02 C5 Coupe
.....07 Z06
Dreaming of another Viper
GSXRGirl is offline  
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 454
The only thing with the blue one is there is a white stripe across the front. Kinda weird if ya ask me. The black one is solid black which I like. hhmm....

I am looking at this for my new helmet as well in either the silver/silver or the blue/silver color. Depending on the color jacket I go with.
Thinking about getting the Mirrored Silver shield to go with it.

Link----->
http://newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/1181

Opinions on HJC helmets???

What do you think of the helmet? I have a Shoei RF-800 helmet I bought back in 1999 so I really want to update my lid so something a little lighter and stylish

I guess you could say I am in the middle of a total gear overhaul. Bought new gloves the other day which are solid black if anyone was wondering. My current jacket is solid black as well. My current lid is solid metallic silver/grayish color.



Last edited by bikergal; 06-20-2007 at 11:50 PM.
bikergal is offline  
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Knee Dragger
 
logan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal View Post
So I need a new jacket. I found two I like in the closeouts section on Newenough.com.


First one is a Joe Rocket Meteor 4.0:

Link ------>
http://newenough.com/closeouts/barga...le_jacket.html

The second one is a Tour Master Advance Sport:

Link ------>http://newenough.com/closeouts/barga...le_jacket.html

I am leaning more towards the Joe Rocket one. In solid black. Although the blue and black one wouldn't be too bad and it would match my bike great. I wanted the black one so when I get a different bike the jacket will match it. The prices are too good to pass up...

Any opinions on the above jackets would be great. Thanks


PM me with a nude picture of you and i'll photoshop the jackets onto the picture after I.....


Difference between a Harley and a Hoover is the position of the DIRTBAG.
logan1 is offline  
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Knee Dragger
 
Twain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal View Post
The black one is solid black which I like. hhmm....

I am looking at this for my new helmet as well in either the silver/silver or the blue/silver color. Depending on the color jacket I go with.

I guess you could say I am in the middle of a total gear overhaul. Bought new gloves the other day which are solid black if anyone was wondering. My current jacket is solid black as well. My current lid is solid metallic silver/grayish color.



Man, it is a good thing you don't live in Texas. I am burnen up in gray, can't think what it would be like in almost all black. I am thinken about going Elvis, I have found white pants and jacket, now if I can get some shine to it I'll be set. What kind of helmet do you think Elivs would have worn?
Twain is offline  
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1 View Post
PM me with a nude picture of you and i'll photoshop the jackets onto the picture after I.....

LMAO....

I'll get right to that.....

Last edited by bikergal; 06-20-2007 at 11:35 PM.
bikergal is offline  
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twain View Post
Man, it is a good thing you don't live in Texas. I am burnen up in gray, can't think what it would be like in almost all black. I am thinken about going Elvis, I have found white pants and jacket, now if I can get some shine to it I'll be set. What kind of helmet do you think Elivs would have worn?
It gets hot here. It was about 90 in the sun today. Not as hot as you do way down in TX though

Going for the Elvis look huh?
bikergal is offline  
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 05:47 AM
October 2005 BOTM Winner!
First 1000 Member
 
itgirl25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: hanover, PA
Posts: 4,082
Send a message via AIM to itgirl25 Send a message via Yahoo to itgirl25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal View Post
The only thing with the blue one is there is a white stripe across the front. Kinda weird if ya ask me. The black one is solid black which I like. hhmm....

I am looking at this for my new helmet as well in either the silver/silver or the blue/silver color. Depending on the color jacket I go with.
Thinking about getting the Mirrored Silver shield to go with it.

Link----->
http://newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/1181

Opinions on HJC helmets???

What do you think of the helmet? I have a Shoei RF-800 helmet I bought back in 1999 so I really want to update my lid so something a little lighter and stylish

I guess you could say I am in the middle of a total gear overhaul. Bought new gloves the other day which are solid black if anyone was wondering. My current jacket is solid black as well. My current lid is solid metallic silver/grayish color.


that HJC isn't a bad looking lid, but here's my opinion. i recently upgraded to a shoei from an HJC. i will never go back to anything less than a shoei now. it is so much lighter, less noise, better venting. i'd stick with shoei, that is if it is in your budget. but we all know HJC is a good, sturdy brand. as long as you are wearing a helmet, you're good.

when you turn your bike on, does it return the favor?



http://www.myspace.com/itgirl25
itgirl25 is offline  
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 07:33 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
I'd go with the JR.
Rider is offline  
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Sportbike Junkie
 
papapoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MossyHead, FL.
Posts: 707
Send a message via Yahoo to papapoi
The black a-star airflo jacket is great. and it is the been getting in the 90's lately here in florida. Now my grey A-star stung jacket gets a bit hot in. my air-flo feels like i dont have a jacket on LOL.

Who needs tools i got zip ties & electrical tape
papapoi is offline  
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Factory Racer
 
z06boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lake Norman, NC
Posts: 1,259
I like the JR.

I also have the exact same helmet and for the $$ it is hard to beat. Being the HJC "SP"...it is a nicer helmet than the HJC "CL" helmets.

I've owned and liked Shoei as well in the past.

Good luck with your choice.

07 red R1
07 blue R6
02 blown Z06
03 SRT-4
z06boy is offline  
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Sportbike Junkie
 
1hottbikechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 668
Send a message via AIM to 1hottbikechic Send a message via Yahoo to 1hottbikechic
Asw for the jackets, I'm not necessarily brand loyal but JR jacket is nice.

However with the helmets, I just got an HJC and an AGV and the HJC is nice, I got the exact one you are looking at in Flat Black/Silver/Silver. And I like it alot!!

Rockin it www.sportbikegurls.com!
Ride Smart, Ride Safe
1hottbikechic is offline  
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 11:11 AM
TWF Champion
 
SVRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 3,631
Send a message via Yahoo to SVRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl25 View Post
that HJC isn't a bad looking lid, but here's my opinion. i recently upgraded to a shoei from an HJC. i will never go back to anything less than a shoei now. it is so much lighter, less noise, better venting. i'd stick with shoei, that is if it is in your budget. but we all know HJC is a good, sturdy brand. as long as you are wearing a helmet, you're good.

HJC's are good, but they don't use different shell sizes, so the helmets look bigger on you if you wear a smaller size.
I too recently switched from a HJC to a Shoei RF-1000 and love it. The lighter weight, smaller shell size, and less wind noise is awesome!
really love being able to switch visors quickly too, dark smoke for day, and clear for night riding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
they make the one i posted in a strap on version
SVRider is offline  
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
GSXRGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Riding, Driving or at the Track
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal View Post
Opinions on HJC helmets???
Only thing I can tell you is that they did not fit me!

03 GSXR 600
..99 SC Coupe
02 C5 Coupe
.....07 Z06
Dreaming of another Viper
GSXRGirl is offline  
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 454
Thank you everyone for your opinions/advice.

bikergal is offline  
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
TWF Champion
 
Phenix_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SouthWest, PA
Posts: 3,230
Send a message via AIM to Phenix_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRider View Post

HJC's are good, but they don't use different shell sizes, so the helmets look bigger on you if you wear a smaller size.
I too recently switched from a HJC to a Shoei RF-1000 and love it. The lighter weight, smaller shell size, and less wind noise is awesome!
really love being able to switch visors quickly too, dark smoke for day, and clear for night riding!
He speaks the truth. Several of the ladies at my MSF had helmets that looked far too large for them.

Quote:
Sooth, Sooth, get your sooths told here!!
You sir, you're near a great journey aren't you?!
You must be going to Rome!
"I'm already here..."
Damn I'm good- get your sooths here!!
lol-

Check This: Hot New Artist Sailing up the charts!

'07 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue
Got Gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
All riders take risks- what you wear usually reflects your respect for the bike and general knowledge of riding.
Phenix_Rider is offline  
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRider View Post

HJC's are good, but they don't use different shell sizes, so the helmets look bigger on you if you wear a smaller size.
I too recently switched from a HJC to a Shoei RF-1000 and love it. The lighter weight, smaller shell size, and less wind noise is awesome!
really love being able to switch visors quickly too, dark smoke for day, and clear for night riding!
That's true, but I have a fat head anyways, so.... But yeah, they just change the padding size.

I'm very pleased with my HJC AC-12 Carbon Vader helmet... very comfortable, decent on wind noise, great quality, although its high quality may be a consequence of it being HJC's top-of-the-line.

For HJC helmets, go onto eBay and look for the seller 'powerdrom'. He has the best prices for all HJC helmets. I got my helmet for $280 and the retail is $420.

Here's what mine looks like. It is VERY light since it's all carbon fiber.
ceo012384 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome