One step closer... - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Tank Slapper
 
Mrs. Colleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Goleta, CA
Posts: 284
One step closer...

Last night I picked up my first piece of gear! On the local craigslist website I found a woman selling the exact jacket I wanted in my size! I would have got red if it was my choice but I like the blue too. The best part is that I paid $80!!! It is a few years old and a little dirty but for $300 less than retail I could care less.

This is the jacket...

http://www.alpinestars.com/Stella_Dy.../p/311102.html

I had to share...I am very excited!
Mrs. Colleen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 11:46 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,082
new gear excites me too!
itgirl25 is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Great buy and remember freebreeze is yer friend!!
PlayfulGod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by playfulgod View Post
Great buy and remember freebreeze is yer friend!!

naldge is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 07:03 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
NICE!! That's an excellent jacket....

Not to scare you, but I've seen it crash-tested, and it held up great! A GF of mine who went down last fall was wearing that jacket and a Shoei lid.... broke her arm quite badly, and a couple other injuries (that's what happens when your arm is squashed between your body and the curb) but NO road rash and no head injury.
neebelung is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 07:15 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 410
CONGRADS on the gear may it never touch the ground .
bodydoc is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 08:15 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 668
Congrats! That is a great jacket.. I love new gear!!! ENJOY!!
1hottbikechic is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 11:12 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 964
Congrats Mrs. Colleen

That's an excellent jacket
GSXRGirl is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 11:14 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,058
Great find!! Congrats!
devilstonic is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
NICE!! That's an excellent jacket....

Not to scare you, but I've seen it crash-tested, and it held up great! A GF of mine who went down last fall was wearing that jacket and a Shoei lid.... broke her arm quite badly, and a couple other injuries (that's what happens when your arm is squashed between your body and the curb) but NO road rash and no head injury.
Not to hijack or anything, but what happened with your friend that got in that REAL bad accident last year? Is she back on two wheels?
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 11:55 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post
Not to hijack or anything, but what happened with your friend that got in that REAL bad accident last year? Is she back on two wheels?
1BadCBR is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 12:06 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen View Post
Last night I picked up my first piece of gear! On the local craigslist website I found a woman selling the exact jacket I wanted in my size! I would have got red if it was my choice but I like the blue too. The best part is that I paid $80!!! It is a few years old and a little dirty but for $300 less than retail I could care less.

This is the jacket...

http://www.alpinestars.com/Stella_Dy.../p/311102.html

I had to share...I am very excited!
send me the measurments of your hand (around the knuckles and length from wrist to longest fingertip) I might have an extra pair of gloves you can have for shipping costs. (I've been searching for the perfect fit and have accumulated about 4-5 pairs so far... I only wear two pair regularly.)
justpucky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome