My New Helmet!! - Page 3 - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Rae
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
you need a good SO to do that **** for ya, or you to learn too. DIY brings ya so much closer to your bike \\Hope ya get er back soon tho. It sux having the bike down
if i had the time and energy i would do it all myself, and I am learning to do alot of it, but I have a "sponsor" that does it all for me...so i dont worry about it, as long as I dont have a track day and the weathers crappy, they can keep it, and with my roomies we have a garage FULL of bikes, so i can get my fix on those if needed, i just REALLY want my baby back for my testing and riding...
Rae is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
if i had the time and energy i would do it all myself, and I am learning to do alot of it, but I have a "sponsor" that does it all for me...so i dont worry about it, as long as I dont have a track day and the weathers crappy, they can keep it, and with my roomies we have a garage FULL of bikes, so i can get my fix on those if needed, i just REALLY want my baby back for my testing and riding...
sweet!
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Rae
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,213
it's just not the same if its not your bike...

altho riding the new Aprilia has def given me a love for that vtwin power...i may need to invest in the future...
Rae is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 10:09 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
you need a good SO to do that **** for ya, or you to learn too. DIY brings ya so much closer to your bike \\Hope ya get er back soon tho. It sux having the bike down
+1 good luck raerae!
Daveon2 is offline  
post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
figure out which is best for your head shape. Don't go by reviews or name brands. You need to find which helmet is made for your head shape. If it is round, look at shoeis. If it is more oval, look at Arais

Sorry Trippy, but this is terrible advice for folks who don't know any better.

Both Arai and Shoei make different helmets for different head shapes.

For Example: The Arai RX-7 and Profile are made for "Long Oval" head shapes, while the Quantum II is made for a "Round Oval" and the Vector has interchangeable liners to accomodate all head shapes.

Shoei does the same thing, you really just need to read some reviews to find out what is best for you and actually try them on. I have the Quantum II and it fits my head perfectly, but your old Shoei was very loose on my head and felt unsafe.

I recommend www.webbikeworld.com to find good helmet reviews.
kbubp is offline  
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 08:53 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbubp View Post
Sorry Trippy, but this is terrible advice for folks who don't know any better.

Both Arai and Shoei make different helmets for different head shapes.

For Example: The Arai RX-7 and Profile are made for "Long Oval" head shapes, while the Quantum II is made for a "Round Oval" and the Vector has interchangeable liners to accomodate all head shapes.

Shoei does the same thing, you really just need to read some reviews to find out what is best for you and actually try them on. I have the Quantum II and it fits my head perfectly, but your old Shoei was very loose on my head and felt unsafe.

I recommend www.webbikeworld.com to find good helmet reviews.

Thanks. I like that website. I tried on the RX7 last night. That will be my next helmet.
fpzx10 is offline  
post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 09:18 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 707
thats one good thing about having a nekkid Sport bike No fricken plastics to worry about lol.
papapoi is offline  
post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 09:41 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
it's just not the same if its not your bike...

altho riding the new Aprilia has def given me a love for that vtwin power...i may need to invest in the future...
rsv mille? im insanely jealous rae and yeah im thinking thats gonna be #3 myself lol
Daveon2 is offline  
post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 11:05 AM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbubp View Post
Sorry Trippy, but this is terrible advice for folks who don't know any better.

Both Arai and Shoei make different helmets for different head shapes.

For Example: The Arai RX-7 and Profile are made for "Long Oval" head shapes, while the Quantum II is made for a "Round Oval" and the Vector has interchangeable liners to accomodate all head shapes.

Shoei does the same thing, you really just need to read some reviews to find out what is best for you and actually try them on. I have the Quantum II and it fits my head perfectly, but your old Shoei was very loose on my head and felt unsafe.

I recommend www.webbikeworld.com to find good helmet reviews.
I am glad you can read Kyle, because if you look further down you would of seen Phenix posed the same observation you made and you would of seen my response about FPZX looking at the high end race replicas, that being the X-11 and RX-7. I'll even quote my response for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
They do have different models for different headshapes, Arai is famous for having one of the widest range of models for different headshapes. However, I know which models Kevin is thinking about so I didn't include the rest of the models. He is looking at the race replicas. Shoei has the X-11 (more for round heads) and Arai the RX-7 (more for oval heads).

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR

Last edited by Trip; 02-13-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Trip is offline  
post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:17 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I am glad you can read Kyle, because if you look further down you would of seen Phenix posed the same observation you made and you would of seen my response about FPZX looking at the high end race replicas, that being the X-11 and RX-7. I'll even quote my response for ya.
You know I only read what you post baby.
kbubp is offline  
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:25 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbubp View Post
You know I only read what you post baby.


Want a fun virus?

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 07:40 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
Its getting the race plastics fitted...i got them but they were a crappy fit, the shop refiberglassed them and worked them to fit, but weather has been crappy so they havent been able to work on them...soooo, after more than a month...i should be getting it back!!
Did you buy your race plastics off eBay. If so could you post a link to a auction so i can avoid them. I am looking into getting race plastics for my K7 and am considering get the $300 plastics off eBay.

Eagerly awaiting the EXO 1000 review.

thanx
logan1 is offline  
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 07:59 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1 View Post
Did you buy your race plastics off eBay. If so could you post a link to a auction so i can avoid them. I am looking into getting race plastics for my K7 and am considering get the $300 plastics off eBay.

Eagerly awaiting the EXO 1000 review.

thanx
if it's e-racing, get em. They are great for the price. At least the 600rr fairings are.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 08:16 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
if it's e-racing, get em. They are great for the price. At least the 600rr fairings are.
yup thats the one.
logan1 is offline  
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 08:30 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1 View Post
yup thats the one.
I got a review of them in this thread.

https://www.twowheelforum.com/showthread.php?t=23458

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 09:31 PM
First 1000 Member
March 2008 BOTM Winner!
 
pickle.of.doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Howell,MI
Posts: 4,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
if it's e-racing, get em. They are great for the price. At least the 600rr fairings are.
Twisty's e-racing fairings on the RC51 were very nice too. Especially for the price.

If I find a need to go with race plastics for the 600rr thats what I plan on getting.

pickle.of.doom is offline  
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 09:34 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
Twisty's e-racing fairings on the RC51 were very nice too. Especially for the price.

If I find a need to go with race plastics for the 600rr thats what I plan on getting.
drewpy said they didnt offer any for the RC, how long ago did he get em? They must of pulled them from the site or something.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 10:12 PM
First 1000 Member
March 2008 BOTM Winner!
 
pickle.of.doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Howell,MI
Posts: 4,183
Last winter.

pickle.of.doom is offline  
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 10:27 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,237
I called to order my e-racing bodywork today. THEY ARE OUT OF THE ONES FOR MY BIKE They said they "may" have some next week. After shipping, that is gonna be pushing it for mar 15th
fpzx10 is offline  
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 07:50 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
Last winter.

They didn't make them for the RC last winter (e-racings).

I think they plan to make some in the next few months.
kbubp is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome