Installed Race Rails - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Installed Race Rails

Just recently installed my 905 Race Rails today tell me what you think



02GSXXR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
eh, as long as you like em
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
eh, as long as you like em
i know you not hating playful but how come you dont like em just curious?? i tell ya thou it was a bitch to install them
02GSXXR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GSXXR View Post
i know you not hating playful but how come you dont like em just curious?? i tell ya thou it was a bitch to install them
they just dont flow with the design of the bike to me. Which I know alot of ppl dont think regular sliders do either but we're all use to seeing them on race bikes n a majority of street bikes.
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
they just dont flow with the design of the bike to me. Which I know alot of ppl dont think regular sliders do either but we're all use to seeing them on race bikes n a majority of street bikes.
Oh alright.. i like em so far havent noticed any real problem with clearance or anything and after we installed the race rails we titled the bike over to see if their was any time of issue with lean and no that i could see... and we basically had the bike lying on the ground
02GSXXR is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GSXXR View Post
Oh alright.. i like em so far havent noticed any real problem with clearance or anything and after we installed the race rails we titled the bike over to see if their was any time of issue with lean and no that i could see... and we basically had the bike lying on the ground
Yea, on impala's thread we all agreed clearance shouldnt be a problem w/ those.
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 02:29 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
Regardless of whether I like race rails in general or not, is there any reason you couldn't paint them white? Would look better.
ceo012384 is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
Regardless of whether I like race rails in general or not, is there any reason you couldn't paint them white? Would look better.
No theirs not.. but when i bought them they were already black and yes i could paint them white but i was thinking painting them orange like the wheels bike white is also an idea have to take that in to consideration
02GSXXR is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Lifetime Premium

 
vabarber2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: VA, but currently in the sand!
Posts: 3,693
Send a message via AIM to vabarber2 Send a message via Yahoo to vabarber2 Send a message via Skype™ to vabarber2
Bout Fluking time!!!! Congrats!! Go ORANGE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabarber2 View Post
~Riding is you making sweet love with the bike and the road! Dont let no girl get between that!
vabarber2 is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Lifetime Premium

 
vabarber2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: VA, but currently in the sand!
Posts: 3,693
Send a message via AIM to vabarber2 Send a message via Yahoo to vabarber2 Send a message via Skype™ to vabarber2
Wow, I've ben over the thought of that paint sceme, never knew it was yours though! Saw a pic on the gsxr forum! Guess now its officialy out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabarber2 View Post
~Riding is you making sweet love with the bike and the road! Dont let no girl get between that!
vabarber2 is offline  
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 08:39 AM
TWF Champion
 
Phenix_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SouthWest, PA
Posts: 3,230
Send a message via AIM to Phenix_Rider
Ditch the stickers and they'd look alright on any color other than white. A blue or red or anything with subdued wheels wouldn't be as hard n the eyes. But the rest already looks like a stunt bike with all the rash and the mismatched paint and wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GSXXR View Post
I tell ya though it was a bitch to install them
They look like they have to come off every time your take the fairings off. (like every time you change your oil). with that.

Check This: Hot New Artist Sailing up the charts!

'07 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue
Got Gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
All riders take risks- what you wear usually reflects your respect for the bike and general knowledge of riding.
Phenix_Rider is offline  
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Ditch the stickers and they'd look alright on any color other than white. A blue or red or anything with subdued wheels wouldn't be as hard n the eyes. But the rest already looks like a stunt bike with all the rash and the mismatched paint and wheels



They look like they have to come off every time your take the fairings off. (like every time you change your oil). with that.
you can change the oil without taking any fairings off but if you need to take the fairings off u can just take off the top engine mount bolt and the cage will swing down and you can remove the fairings
02GSXXR is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Factory Racer
 
jalaan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 2,022
i like 'em.

not quite a cage for stunting, and lil more protection than just sliders.

i agree with Ceo, paint 'em.

'99 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7R, My 3/4 Liter
".. speed, you can't touch it, but you damn sure can feel it! "
jalaan1 is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
just gotta fig out what color to paint em
02GSXXR is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 02:02 AM
Lifetime Premium

 
vabarber2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: VA, but currently in the sand!
Posts: 3,693
Send a message via AIM to vabarber2 Send a message via Yahoo to vabarber2 Send a message via Skype™ to vabarber2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GSXXR View Post
just gotta fig out what color to paint em
ORANGE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabarber2 View Post
~Riding is you making sweet love with the bike and the road! Dont let no girl get between that!
vabarber2 is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Factory Racer
 
jalaan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 2,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GSXXR View Post
just gotta fig out what color to paint em
orange (to match the wheels)
or
white (to match fairings)

'99 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7R, My 3/4 Liter
".. speed, you can't touch it, but you damn sure can feel it! "
jalaan1 is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 02:14 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,394
It's a great idea. Honda installed them on the fully-faired CBR1000F, ST1100, and Pacific Coast in the early 90's. My 1990 CBR in my avatar has a steel bar that sticks out from the downtube to the mainframe. A replaceable plastic strip hides the bar on the fairing. It divides the two radiator heat exhaust vents on the side. It's not even noticeable. By the way, the gray plastic puck sticking out from the end of the crank is also a replaceable skid plate. Just hope I never have to test them.
No Worries is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
It's a great idea. Honda installed them on the fully-faired CBR1000F, ST1100, and Pacific Coast in the early 90's. My 1990 CBR in my avatar has a steel bar that sticks out from the downtube to the mainframe. A replaceable plastic strip hides the bar on the fairing. It divides the two radiator heat exhaust vents on the side. It's not even noticeable. By the way, the gray plastic puck sticking out from the end of the crank is also a replaceable skid plate. Just hope I never have to test them.
Old Kawi sportbikes had something like that built into the fairing... I always thought it looked a little goofy...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Privateer
 
impala balko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Auburn MA
Posts: 916
Send a message via AIM to impala balko
I think they look good but paint them orange it will set it off and compliment your wheel... Do they make no cut race railz because I want them but I dont want to cut my fairings.

impala balko is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala balko View Post
I think they look good but paint them orange it will set it off and compliment your wheel... Do they make no cut race railz because I want them but I dont want to cut my fairings.
umm.. am not sure bout no cut just had to put a small circle cut into the fairing wasnt that big of a deal came out very clean... as for the color i agree i might paint them orange to match the wheels but i have to find the right orange so they def match the bike..if not white it will be
02GSXXR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome