Two Wheel Forums banner

TL Riders

4K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  TL1000 
#1 ·
Anyone out there? TLR TLS what'cha got? :bike:

#8 ·
So far:

TRE, airbox mod, Royal Purple oil and Engine Ice, K&N, I "modified" the stock exhaust, put NGK plugs in it, and installed the remote fan switch.

I just got the thing (it was b o n e stock) so more mods are definitely on the way....next up is a PCII, a set of Carbon Cans, and a set of Diablos...

I've been riding 12R's since early 2000 and was seriously missing my TLR (I rode one from '98 to 00). Now that I have another one I can't figure out how I lived without it for so long....

#11 ·
Need4Speed750 said:
So I guess its true, when they saw, once you go TL, nothing else compares..huh ;)

Not sure if you can say nothing else compares, however, they are one hell-of a piece of machinery. I owned a 99 white and blue and loved how easy it was to get to one wheel. Very easy. I now have my GSXR750 now but I wouldn't mind getting another TL.

#12 ·
So does anybody have an official word, or otherwise, as to why Suzuki stopped making the TL ? just curious, seems like a such a beast bike that you'd think they'd still be putting em out.

#13 · (Edited)
Need4Speed750 said:
So does anybody have an official word, or otherwise, as to why Suzuki stopped making the TL ? just curious, seems like a such a beast bike that you'd think they'd still be putting em out.

I looked it up on the internet and this is what I found. One review said this about both the L and the S series: "with both now considered as being dated and unfashionable...The TLs’ infamy and lack of appeal, especially the S version, put most bikers off going anywhere near them." WHAT!! As a past owner of a 1000R, I never thought of it as being unfashionable nor lack of appeal. Infact, if I could have found one that was for sell in my area, I would have gotten it instead of my GSXR I have now. I don't know who thought up that silly s*#t, but myself along with others I know that now and in the past owned them, never thought that. O well. :)

Incase anyone would like to read the whole review, here is the link to it:
http://www.insidebikes.com/bikebible/reviews/suzuki/TL1000_mh/TL1000_reviews.htm

#15 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
I looked it up on the internet and this is what I found. One review said this about both the L and the S series: "with both now considered as being dated and unfashionable...The TLs’ infamy and lack of appeal, especially the S version, put most bikers off going anywhere near them." WHAT!! As a past owner of a 1000R, I never thought of it as being unfashionable nor lack of appeal. Infact, if I could have found one that was for sell in my area, I would have gotten it instead of my GSXR I have now. I don't know who thought up that silly s*#t, but myself along with others I know that now and in the past owned them, never thought that. O well. :)
I think it was more the infamy than the lack of appeal. Infamy that was well deserved. I fell victim to the TL tankslapper, as did one of my riding buddies. Had Suzuki bothered to finish the R&D on the bike (especially the suspension!) before releasing it, it would have been one heck of a contender!

Note to manufacturer: The public should *not* be your test department!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.