Two Wheel Forums banner

What are the concequences?

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  crewchiefguy2004 
#1 ·

What are the concequences of putting something like that on the bike? (Besides being really loud)
Loss of back pressure? Any potintial damage to the engine? k7 gixxer 600

See less See more
#2 ·
Without any back pressure there is a possiblility of f'in up a exhaust valve.

However, the highest degree of consequences will be simple... everybody that sees it will do this to you...

:sorry: for being so blunt! :lol:

#6 ·
That is cause there are tons of dumbasses on the net. Step away from the :gary: WalMart purchased part!!

I'm not as up to date on the newer exhausts... I'm sure the others will chime in with recomendations.

Alot of peeps seem to like the Taylor Made stuff though...

#8 ·
An open pipe will lose you some in the bottom end but will open up the top end. You will have to retune (Re-jet if carbed) to keep it running correctly and it will be a lot louder than even the most rudimentary can.

If you want a basic can that won't cause big changes in the way the bike works, take your bike to Meineke.

I know, people are laughing, but here's the deal. Meineke is a muffler place. It doesn't much matter what the pipe goes on, the one near me will work on it. While they don't carry motorcycle specific mufflers, they do have mufflers that will work. For instance, Meineke carries a resonator that is 12" long by 3" diameter and can custom fit pipe to make it work for you. The resonator is $25 and whatever they change to bend and weld some pipe... still a lot cheaper than some of the "performance" exhausts out there that are, under the pretty carbon fibre appliques, the same damn thing.

I have been through half a dozen exhausts on my bike, searching for that perfect look, sound and performance. the local muffler shp has done the welding on the last couple and I have zero complaints about thier work. In fact, they were stoked and the mechanincs were arguing about who got to work on the bike because it was better than working on their 50th Eclipse.

#10 ·
:lol: That's exactly what my dad and I were thinking when we went to get the exhaust for his van! They had some real clean stainless fart cannons sitting on a shelf. They probably cost half what a motorcycle slip on would.

#12 ·
:withstupi Anyone can rent a pipe expander from Advance, and do most of the work at home. I just think it would be sweet to have a shiny stainless muffler underneath, without the stock convolutions going on inside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.