Sorry Gas. I was gonna but...uh...I broke my finger on the enter key!....my mom died!....The president asked me to save the world!!!..............not buyin it huh. Ok, I was tired and lazy.
Here goes nothin:
1) Hold down SEL button and turn key on. Keep button held down for a couple seconds.
2) Push ADJ button to change the lighting mode. It goes from LIGHT > BLINK > NO LIGHT > LIGHT .....and so on. When you have the light turned on you'll see a little "Lighting bolt" symbol in your gear indicator window.
3) Press the SEL and then the ADJ button repeatedly to change the brightness of the shift light.
4) Press the SEL button and then the ADJ button repeastedly to select the RPM at which the light will come on. As you push the ADJ button, you'll see the Tacometer needle move at 500 RPM steps upward.
5) When you're happy with the selction, press the SEL button and then turn the key off.
6) Turn key back on, start bike and go try it out!