ok this is straight out of my Kawi manual,
Preperation for Storage
- Clean entire Motorcycle thoroughly
- run engine for 4 to 5 minutes to warm the oil, shut it off and drain the engine oil.
- Put in fresh engine oil.
- Empty the fuel from the tank.
- Empty the fuel system by running the engine at idle speed until the engine stalls.
- Reduce tire preddure by 20%
- Set the Motorcycle on a stand so that the wheel are raised off the ground( if theicannot be done, put boards under the front and rear wheels to keep dampness away from the tire rubber.
- Spray oil on all unpainted metal surfaces to prevent rusting. Avoid geting iol on rubber parts or the brakes.
- Lubrcate the drive chain and all the cables.
- Remove the battery and store itwher it will not be exposed to direct sunlight, moisture, or freezing tempatures. During storage it should be given a slow charge (one ampere or less) about once a month. keep the battery well charged, especially during cold weather.
- Tie plastic bags over the muffler to prevent moisture from entering.
- Put a cover over the motorcycle the keep dust and dirt from collecting on it.
Preperation after Storage
- Remove plastic bag from muffler.
- Install battery in the motorcycle and charge the battery if necessary.
- Fill the fuel tank with fuel.
- Check all the points listed in the Daily Safty Checks.
- Lubricate the pivots, bolts, and nuts in the General Lubrication section.