Oil... yeah I went there - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Oil... yeah I went there

So anyone know the diffrence between the three? click on the pic for the link









I know the last one's for racing... but they're all the same weight (the one says 15-50 but but the link is for 10-40)... all synthetic... so what makes them diff?
ebbs15 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 05:56 PM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,840
you just HAD to open this can of worms didn't you?

my = AMSOIL is what Jesus would put in his motorcycle
Knight is offline  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 06:06 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 263
yes amsoil oil is the stuff i use in all my sleds and it is great oil. i am hoping to become a dealer soon so maybe i can see who is interested in purchasing it from me.
2tire is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 06:11 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Yeah not sure... sounds like the site might be jacked. Cause all 3 pics are different oils.

However... the first is a syn & dino BLEND of 10W-40
Second: the pic here and on the site clearly show 15W-50 sythetic
Third: full synthetic oil. The pic shows a 10W-50 but the site shows a 10W-40

I wouldn't use any of that. I prefer Mobil 1 in my chop. I use to run Amsoil in my 9R. It loved it!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Yeah not sure... sounds like the site might be jacked. Cause all 3 pics are different oils.

However... the first is a syn & dino BLEND of 10W-40
Second: the pic here and on the site clearly show 15W-50 sythetic
Third: full synthetic oil. The pic shows a 10W-50 but the site shows a 10W-40

I wouldn't use any of that. I prefer Mobil 1 in my chop. I use to run Amsoil in my 9R. It loved it!
when I click on the 2nd the site says 10-40... the pic is the same... but all the info says 10-40
ebbs15 is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 06:22 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
when I click on the 2nd the site says 10-40... the pic is the same... but all the info says 10-40
I don't know... no the pic for the second one cleary shows 15W-50




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I don't know... no the pic for the second one cleary shows 15W-50
that's what I ment... the pic shows 15-50 but the link I go to shows 10-40 In the product info...
ebbs15 is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 06:48 PM
 
saverok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nashville,tn
Posts: 3,906
just buy them all and mix them all together and see what happens.

Quote:
They call me Mr. Saverok
Silence is golden: Duct tape is silver.
saverok is offline  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by saverok View Post
just buy them all and mix them all together and see what happens.
If I buy the racing one does it make my motor a racing motor?


ebbs15 is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 07:08 PM
 
saverok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nashville,tn
Posts: 3,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
If I buy the racing one does it make my motor a racing motor?


yes....


it addss 55 hp


and it makes it louder....







Quote:
They call me Mr. Saverok
Silence is golden: Duct tape is silver.
saverok is offline  
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 07:14 PM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by saverok View Post
yes....


it addss 55 hp


and it makes it louder....







Why pay extra for oil just for that? Everyone knows the "R" stickers give you the same 55 hp and make it louder too, plus you can automatically ride out wheelies.
Knight is offline  
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 07:24 PM
 
saverok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nashville,tn
Posts: 3,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Why pay extra for oil just for that? Everyone knows the "R" stickers give you the same 55 hp and make it louder too, plus you can automatically ride out wheelies.
true.....but the oil company is trying to make a come back and get you to "upgrade"

if you add both you get 110 hp added for less then 200 bucks...

Quote:
They call me Mr. Saverok
Silence is golden: Duct tape is silver.
saverok is offline  
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by saverok View Post
true.....but the oil company is trying to make a come back and get you to "upgrade"

if you add both you get 110 hp added for less then 200 bucks...
F yeah! then I can ride wheelies from 140-180 WHILE dragg'n BOTH my KNEES!
ebbs15 is offline  
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 07:41 PM
 
saverok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nashville,tn
Posts: 3,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
F yeah! then I can ride wheelies from 140-180 WHILE dragg'n BOTH my KNEES!

Quote:
They call me Mr. Saverok
Silence is golden: Duct tape is silver.
saverok is offline  
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 09:13 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Why that brand anyway Ebbs?




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Why that brand anyway Ebbs?
dunno... just was looking around... I know it's a good brand... I just wondered why there would be three different 10/40's by the same brand...

why, do you have a recommendation?
ebbs15 is offline  
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 09:26 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Like I said... on my chop.. I run Mobil 1. I can buy it at the auto parts store and its endorsed by S&S.

On my 9R I ran strictly Amsoil after my break in.




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Like I said... on my chop.. I run Mobil 1. I can buy it at the auto parts store and its endorsed by S&S.

On my 9R I ran strictly Amsoil after my break in.
ahh ok.... I'll look into Amsoil...
ebbs15 is offline  
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 09:31 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
But this is one of those age old questions with no "right" answer. I believe 2tire is getting a group buy together for some amsoil.




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
But this is one of those age old questions with no "right" answer. I believe 2tire is getting a group buy together for some amsoil.
yeah I know...

I saw the group buy... but I need to change my oil yesterday... so I'll buy locally... but I'd be down to order after this..
ebbs15 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome