What do you do to WiNtErIzE?
I know it's nothing we like to talk about but I need to hear some more techincal posting. Just getting a bit Off Topic'ed out!
Let's hear what you do to put your bike to sleep for the long winter...
I know that there is alot of website links out there with crazy amounts of things to do for winterizing your MC! I also know alot of people that don't do anything! Park it, and just recharge the battery in the spring!
I like to go somewhere in the middle of all that craziness!
I usually only pull the battery, stabil the gas, wash/wax, oil change, put 'er up on stands and that's it. This year I went a few steps farther...
1. Rode to gas station, put in stabil, filled it WAY up!
2. Rode it home
3. Changed the oil & filter, while motor was hot (always the best time to change oil on any motor)!!!!!
4. Re-start with petcock off
5. Let run till it started to chug pretty good (may foul out spark plugs a bit but they get changed every spring anyway)
6. Actually pulled the spark plugs out and put a few drops of oil down the cylinder
7. Chain lube
8. Wash & Wax
9. On the front and rear stand
10. Nice n tight bike cover
In all actual reality, that is my norm, besides the oil drops.....I have at times, not pulled my battery out (knowing it was junk and replacing it in the spring). I have also, parked it before with slightly used oil in it (like 1 month old & barely any riding)...
Let's hear it guys/gals...
aka Gas Man
Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
is me till the