'06 GSXR1000 Power Commander Maps - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
TIGGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Greenville,NC
Posts: 658
'06 GSXR1000 Power Commander Maps

Hey,anyone install a PCIII onto their 06GSXR1k with a slipon and what map did you use? Even better has anyone gotten dyno tuning and are you willing to share your findings/maps? I'm using 325-15 with a slip-on and a BMC air filter and the bike is still rich. I called Dynojet and they weren't much help. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Lon

TIGGER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 06:58 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Hey,anyone install a PCIII onto their 06GSXR1k with a slipon and what map did you use? Even better has anyone gotten dyno tuning and are you willing to share your findings/maps? I'm using 325-15 with a slip-on and a BMC air filter and the bike is still rich. I called Dynojet and they weren't much help. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Lon
Check out Fastbikes on 28th st. They can dyno tune your bike.
Rider is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
TIGGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Greenville,NC
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Check out Fastbikes on 28th st. They can dyno tune your bike.
Yeah I know,I've known Gary at Fast Bikes for over 20 years!(yikes) I really don't want to PAY $300 and have dozens of dyno runs done on my bike. I'm not trying to get every single pony out of it,I just want it to run better. My buddy at the Harley shop will dyno tune it for me for $150 but he doesn't have a sniffer and that usually spells MORE dyno runs! I was amazed at how little help I got from Dynojet,They used to be so helpful and had all the answers....

TIGGER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 07:09 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
if you ever come to the gap, wheeler will dyno tune for $80 i believe

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 07:04 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yeah I know,I've known Gary at Fast Bikes for over 20 years!(yikes) I really don't want to PAY $300 and have dozens of dyno runs done on my bike. I'm not trying to get every single pony out of it,I just want it to run better. My buddy at the Harley shop will dyno tune it for me for $150 but he doesn't have a sniffer and that usually spells MORE dyno runs! I was amazed at how little help I got from Dynojet,They used to be so helpful and had all the answers....
If you find a cheaper place here in town, let me know, I need to dyno tune my bike. Its running real good down low but I see no increase in the mid range and high end.
Rider is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 10:15 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6
What pipe you running? I did an air filter PC and slip on all at the same time and the bike ran like **** a local guy sent me a custom map of another bike that cleared up a lot of my problems like deceleration back fires and just made the bike run better I still donít have a custom map but would be more than happy to send you the map that was given to me for you to give it a try.

And its 350$ for a custom map around here.
DCMoney is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 10:22 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMoney View Post
What pipe you running? I did an air filter PC and slip on all at the same time and the bike ran like **** a local guy sent me a custom map of another bike that cleared up a lot of my problems like deceleration back fires and just made the bike run better I still donít have a custom map but would be more than happy to send you the map that was given to me for you to give it a try.

And its 350$ for a custom map around here.
He has an M4 GP series pipe.
Rider is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 10:41 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
He has an M4 GP series pipe.
Great thats what ive got!!!

Hereís the entire store, In Mobile thereís a shop was offering free dyno runs for the day so I went over there they pulled my bike and it made a whopping 147 hp and my air/fuel ratio was all out of whack. They guy running the dyno uploaded a custom map from another 06 gsxr 1k that he did and wanted to see what it would do for me. Next pull made 158 hp 11 hp just with the map change. If i had a custom map just for my bike it'll make some more but I donít see the need right now since the bike is performing perfect with this map. I wish I remembered the name of the shop to give much deserved props for giving me 11 free hp. Yes the pulls were free and the map was free, very nice people there.

Let me know if you want the map ill be more than happy to email it to you.
DCMoney is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
TIGGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Greenville,NC
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMoney View Post
Great thats what ive got!!!

Hereís the entire store, In Mobile thereís a shop was offering free dyno runs for the day so I went over there they pulled my bike and it made a whopping 147 hp and my air/fuel ratio was all out of whack. They guy running the dyno uploaded a custom map from another 06 gsxr 1k that he did and wanted to see what it would do for me. Next pull made 158 hp 11 hp just with the map change. If i had a custom map just for my bike it'll make some more but I donít see the need right now since the bike is performing perfect with this map. I wish I remembered the name of the shop to give much deserved props for giving me 11 free hp. Yes the pulls were free and the map was free, very nice people there.

Let me know if you want the map ill be more than happy to email it to you.
Thanks ALOT!!! If you could send it I'd appreciate that. [email protected] . Thanks,again.
BTW I had almost the same deal. Dyno'd my bike and it posted 149hp. I've swapped to another map,325-15 and it works better. Please send me yours and I'll compare the two on their program.

TIGGER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome