What did I do wrong???
I got my new top right fairing in today and decided while I had the fairings off I'd change some instrument panel lights out. I found 3 and replaced them in which they work great.
But I took the rubber peice off below the instrument gauge that pads it from the windscreen(Which broke also). Which I found out later can only be put back on by taking the gauge cluster cover off. So I did it and disconnected everything to take the gauges off and then put the new lights in. I plugged the two plugs back in the same spot and bolted the gauge cluster down. Then I proceded to put the rest of the fairings back on and did so. All the gauges appear to be working accurately.
I take it out for a ride and it acts up at 6k RPMs like it did before. Or basically it had no ass at that speed. It died or barely ran. Below 6k it did okay and above it it did okay. Except this time it doesn't stall out when I let off the gas and I have a new battery on top of the carbs just being cleaned out.
I'm wondering what could be causing this.
I did add a new "Silverstar" headlight(Non HID) that works awesome. I got the same wattage as the other one but am curious if this did it.
All cylinders are firing. I touched each exhaust after I let it cool down and it got hot quick on all 4s as soon as I started it up.
Which I figured it'd happen with me having no work tommorow and the weather going to be nice for the weekend. It works when miserable and cold but not when I want it to work.