So a day after getting my 1981 Honda CB650 i have noticed a noise from the transmission. Not a bottom end knock to the best of my knowledge. Sounds like a clunking noise from the transmission.
Details about the noise:
1. Heard largly on the left side.
2. With engine turned off, and in gear with clutch pulled, a clunking noise is heard in a once a rotation pattern.
3. Uneven power delivery.
4. Running in any gear i can feel the power surge almost as if the tach is flexin 100 RPM each way but the tach is solid.
5. I strongly believe this is not engine related. She runs very strong in idle an up in the rpms
6. When trying to push start it, it will act like its still in nuetral with clutch dropped until 1mph abouts then it will connect to the engine and start to crank it
I really dont want to screw this bike up so for now shes parked.
Some details on bike:
1. 21k Miles, 8k in the last 10 years, ridden by 70yo man for those 10 years so prbable very soft conditions.
2. I have probably accelerated harder than the previous owner, but havent taken her above 6K RPM in gear or out and no more than 60 MPH
3. Hasnt had more than 40 miles by me this season before i heard the noise.
Some videos of noise. 1st is the noise at 1200rpm, 1/8th choke, 2nd is with the rpms in ,1900 1000, 1900, the 1200 again. ALso you can hear me pull the clutch in the second video but im not sure if you can hear the dampening of the noise.