Two Wheel Forums banner

velocity stacks ?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Back _Marker 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anybody tryed these and if so are the worth the doe???Also how do they work?I have a 2006 gsxr 1000.:help: :help: :help:Made by factory pro!!

#2 ·
I have a set of Yoshi's on my 01 Gixxer 1000+. They are great and come in 2 configurations. One configuration is the taller then stock ones that will fit with your stock air box and the other you have to totally remove the airbox and just use rely on the stacks for intake. I went with the first. Although clearance is tight, they do allow air to be forced very fast. Dont forget, your gas milage will be sacrificed.:2cents:

#6 ·
My bike is not stock by far so it may be less if it is. One thing I know is the kick in the pants power you get when you are in second and up. 4k and the power will alys be there.:yikes:

#10 ·
stacks alone wont make all that much power. They will channel the air intake better resulting in a better throttle response. And shouldnt affect fuel economy, n if so should improve it because of better efficiency. The poor gas mileage is most likey from another tweak and/or hammering it more because of the improved throttle response. :dthumb:

#11 ·
Velocity stacks aren't new, they were used on fuel-injected drag cars in the late 60's. The power was in a very narrow RPM band that could be set by the length of the stacks. But they were mechanical injectors, not computer controlled. The new R1 has variable-length stacks. How do they work?

#12 ·
I think there is a need to say that with more air comes more fuel and vise versa. When this happens there is a loss in milage. The computer thinks on its own saying I have to feed more gas to = or surpass the air flow coming in.:2cents:

#14 ·
i ran stacks on my carburetored superbike (1990). back then, airboxes were not engineered. today's bikes have pressurized airboxes (ram air). true stacks don't use airboxes. open stacks have no filtration, plan on early engine rebuilds.

for street use, i don't think it's worth it. but it looks good for showbikes.

-a|ex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.