Suzuki GSXR 1000s frame failures - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3
Suzuki GSXR 1000s frame failures

Has anyone see this http://bikerenews.com/Stories/Article_011507_001.html
or know anything about Suzuki frame failures. This article accounts for three different GSXR 1000s breaking just in front of the engine.
Phil_R1_rider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 10:11 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,017
was it shipped UPS? i know they f*cked up a few of my packages.

-a|ex
Back _Marker is offline  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 10:17 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
That was only on the 2005's I belive they got the problem fixed now. It was a problem of bad weld joints.
Rider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:08 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Yeah, I've seen that a few times on different forums. They should recall the bitches.
DLIT is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 03:49 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back _Marker View Post
was it shipped UPS? i know they f*cked up a few of my packages.

-a|ex




marko138 is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Administrator
 
ShanMan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FREE THE HOPS!
Posts: 10,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Yeah, I've seen that a few times on different forums. They should recall them.
ShanMan14 is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 03:54 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
The frame isn't just failing while cruising down the road. Aren't they breaking upon severe impact?



marko138 is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 03:56 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
The frame isn't just failing while cruising down the road. Aren't they breaking upon severe impact?
From the cases I've seen, they were involved in wrecks. But still..the weld should be one of the strongest points.
DLIT is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 03:58 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
From the cases I've seen, they were involved in wrecks. But still..the weld should be one of the strongest points.
Dont wreck. Problem solved.



marko138 is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 04:02 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Dont wreck. Problem solved.
In a perfect world, my friend. Weak frames.
DLIT is offline  
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 04:03 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
In a perfect world, my friend. Weak frames.
Blatantly true.



marko138 is offline  
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 04:04 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Blatantly true.
I knew you'd understand, Ron.
DLIT is offline  
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 04:05 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I knew you'd understand, Ron.
Stay Class, DLIT.



marko138 is offline  
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 05:11 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Yeah, I've seen that a few times on different forums. They should recall the bitches.
That is the truth.. not many manufactures will own up and recall anything! I know that with my Big Dog... they do alot of self admitting recalls. That's why there are so many. They recall everything. Some look at it as a problem. Where as I look at it as they own up to anything that may be a problem that is more common than it should. And I'm talking stupid stuff like kickstand springs, and I have one that is due on my chop now... somin like excess vibes to a relay... relocate it to the other side of the battery box. I mean gay... but they deemed it even a small universal problem and recalled it.




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 05:22 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
That is the truth.. not many manufactures will own up and recall anything! I know that with my Big Dog... they do alot of self admitting recalls. That's why there are so many. They recall everything. Some look at it as a problem. Where as I look at it as they own up to anything that may be a problem that is more common than it should. And I'm talking stupid stuff like kickstand springs, and I have one that is due on my chop now... somin like excess vibes to a relay... relocate it to the other side of the battery box. I mean gay... but they deemed it even a small universal problem and recalled it.
Yeah. I had the recall on my bike done recently. I feel good about it. I wish they woulda recalled the tach for being 9% off. Kinda gay.
DLIT is offline  
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 05:27 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Yeah... what I'm saying is that I would rather the manufacture recall every little thing than skip out out somin huge like a faulty frame weld!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 05:31 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Yeah... what I'm saying is that I would rather the manufacture recall every little thing than skip out out somin huge like a faulty frame weld!
DLIT is offline  
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 05:33 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Who needs a strong frame anyway?



marko138 is offline  
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 05:35 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Who needs a strong frame anyway?
Not Suzuki.
DLIT is offline  
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 05:55 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Not Suzuki.
I think thats the new company moto. "Suzuki: We dont need strong frames."



marko138 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome