HA HA HA! Now everyone can gert a 1000! - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
TIGGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Greenville,NC
Posts: 658
HA HA HA! Now everyone can gert a 1000!

Apparently the new GSXR1000 comes equipped with a button that switches it from full power to 85% to 65%. Which approximately transforms the bike from a 1000 to a 750 to a 600! So new riders could buy the 1000 and leave it on "low" power until they are familiar with the bike and notch it up to 750 power and then later 1000cc power. All you would need is the self control to keep it on the lower setting and some throttle control(which is what I mainly think you need anyway!) to be able to learn the ropes and be safe. This way you don't have to waste your time buying "ugly",fat and boring 500s or 250s that you'll probably get sick of in 3 months anyway. It's kinda like having the best of all three worlds in one package. I'm sure that many of you fell that a 600 is too big of a bike for a new rider so let's just say that this makes the new 1000 an excellent 2nd bike ok?

TIGGER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 12:07 PM
TWF Champion
'07 Rally Veteran
 
NONE_too_SOFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Akron OH
Posts: 5,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Apparently the new GSXR1000 comes equipped with a button that switches it from full power to 85% to 65%. Which approximately transforms the bike from a 1000 to a 750 to a 600! So new riders could buy the 1000 and leave it on "low" power until they are familiar with the bike and notch it up to 750 power and then later 1000cc power. All you would need is the self control to keep it on the lower setting and some throttle control(which is what I mainly think you need anyway!) to be able to learn the ropes and be safe. This way you don't have to waste your time buying "ugly",fat and boring 500s or 250s that you'll probably get sick of in 3 months anyway. It's kinda like having the best of all three worlds in one package. I'm sure that many of you fell that a 600 is too big of a bike for a new rider so let's just say that this makes the new 1000 an excellent 2nd bike ok?
so i've read all the mags about the new gixxers and havent once heard of this, where are your sources?
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 12:11 PM
First 1000 Member
 
dubbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 673
Send a message via AIM to dubbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
so i've read all the mags about the new gixxers and havent once heard of this, where are your sources?
It has a button that changes the fuel maps.. Thought it was old news by now..



Car - 2003 Honda S2000 - Black
Bike - 2007 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Black

Bike n Car Pics Updated 07 Pics

dubbs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 12:12 PM
TWF Champion
'07 Rally Veteran
 
NONE_too_SOFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Akron OH
Posts: 5,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
It has a button that changes the fuel maps.. Thought it was old news by now..
ah yea i knew you could mess w/ the fuel maps, didnt know it was just a button you could press.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 12:45 PM
TWF Champion
 
Phenix_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SouthWest, PA
Posts: 3,230
Send a message via AIM to Phenix_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
It's kinda like having the best of all three worlds in one package.
You're going to get a lot of disagreement there. 600s are usually seen as lighter and more flickable with better cornering characteristics. And no way is a tamed down liter going to compare to a 250 or 500. (weight, physical size, fuel mileage- oh yeah- and COST)
Phenix_Rider is offline  
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 03:29 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Moved to Suzuki section


The news is interesting for sure.




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Motorcyclist has an article about that this month... Interesting... I guess it's set up A, B, and C... A being full, B being 80% or so through most of the rev range (goes back to A at the top), and C being 65% through the entire rev range for output around 120HP...

I'd rather just buy a 600, save some scratch, and sell it later to upgrade... I mean, who doesn't want to get a new bike with all the new technology?
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 05:40 PM
 
DLIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Drinking Soju in Korea
Posts: 17,886
Send a message via AIM to DLIT
If it's 120HP at the crank, then it'd be around a 600 at the wheel. But the '07 600cc line up is very impressive. Much cheaper too. That's cool technology. Maybe would increase the longevity per owner? It's still a GSXR though.
DLIT is offline  
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Factory Racer
 
Stunt4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,398
Send a message via AIM to Stunt4Life
dispite my undieing love for yamaha the gsxr 1000 has been top of the class for quite some time now.

The 3 maps are designed for un-idealistic track conditions such as rain.


WOT is more than just a throttle position, it's a LIFESTYLE
http://www.myspace.com/dicedamoderator +me
Stunt4Life is offline  
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 08:27 PM
 
DLIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Drinking Soju in Korea
Posts: 17,886
Send a message via AIM to DLIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt4Life View Post
dispite my undieing love for yamaha the gsxr 1000 has been top of the class for quite some time now.

The 3 maps are designed for un-idealistic track conditions such as rain.
Well aware of that. But it's still a GSXR.
DLIT is offline  
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Privateer
 
TOMMYTOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 833
Sounds like a good alternative for someone that doesn't have the $ to upgrade later.
TOMMYTOM is offline  
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Supporting Member
October 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
tallywacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Patrol base in IRAQ
Posts: 2,694
Send a message via AIM to tallywacker Send a message via Yahoo to tallywacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt4Life View Post
dispite my undieing love for yamaha the gsxr 1000 has been top of the class for quite some time now.

The 3 maps are designed for un-idealistic track conditions such as rain.
My eyes are bleeding from reading that...

www.myspace.com/kurtpittman
3/320th FA RAKKASANS

GHOST RIDE THE WHIP
tallywacker is offline  
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Factory Racer
 
Stunt4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,398
Send a message via AIM to Stunt4Life
What the gsxr part?

Either way the 50th r6 and raven just straight up pwnzors the 600 class....
The blue one not so much hahah


WOT is more than just a throttle position, it's a LIFESTYLE
http://www.myspace.com/dicedamoderator +me
Stunt4Life is offline  
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 09:10 PM
 
DLIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Drinking Soju in Korea
Posts: 17,886
Send a message via AIM to DLIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt4Life View Post
What the gsxr part?

Either way the 50th r6 and raven just straight up pwnzors the 600 class....
The blue one not so much hahah
I think the new Honda and 6R will give it a run for its money. That new 6R is real appealing to me. The review in Sport Rider is a good one. It's real in depth about every aspect of it.
DLIT is offline  
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Factory Racer
 
Stunt4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,398
Send a message via AIM to Stunt4Life
Pfft honda?

Dosent even have a slipper clutch! and from the sport rider reviews the rear end only skips OUT a little when riding hard.
I used to get sport rider (got my last issue need to re-subscribe)

The Kawi on the other hand looks like a solid performer.
Consider this the rr and zx are 1 year newer technology and when they still get showed up by a last years r6 im gonna love to see ppls faces. The 06 r6 is the most technology advance bike todate (600class)


WOT is more than just a throttle position, it's a LIFESTYLE
http://www.myspace.com/dicedamoderator +me

Last edited by Stunt4Life; 03-18-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Stunt4Life is offline  
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 09:19 PM
 
DLIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Drinking Soju in Korea
Posts: 17,886
Send a message via AIM to DLIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt4Life View Post
Pfft honda?

Dosent even have a slipper clutch! and from the sport rider reviews the rear end only skips OUT a little when riding hard.
I used to get sport rider (got my last issue need to re-subscribe)

The Kawi on the other hand looks like a solid performer.
Consider this the rr and zx are 1 year newer technology and when they still get showed up by a last years r6 im gonna love to see ppls faces. The 06 r6 is the most technology advance bike todate (600class)
Yeah, but if you get caught in the wrong gear at the wrong RPM's, you will get pulled on. The mid-range on the R6 is a little weak. You just have to keep it in the higher RPM's to benefit. It's not bad, and I wish I could test ride the others to compare. But I remember seeing Jamie Hacking straight pulling/passing a GSXR600 during an AMA race last year and it was awesome. The fly by wire technology is awesome.
DLIT is offline  
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 11:54 PM
First 1000 Member
 
No Worries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,394
A couple years ago, Corvettes had a key that would lock out most of the power so when you had the valet park your car they couldn't do burnouts.
No Worries is offline  
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
A couple years ago, Corvettes had a key that would lock out most of the power so when you had the valet park your car they couldn't do burnouts.
Now THAT is cool.
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 12:15 AM
 
marko138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA 17025
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
A couple years ago, Corvettes had a key that would lock out most of the power so when you had the valet park your car they couldn't do burnouts.
Scumbag Valet's.



marko138 is offline  
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 07:50 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
The 07 GSXR1000 is one bad ass bike. Its very narrow and comfortable. Lower seat height than the R1, integrated trund signal... little details that make it a sweet bike. Honda makes it nearly impossible to put on a fender eliminator on the CBR600RR because the tail light is actually part of the fender. THe GSXR just makes it very easy to clean up the look right off the show room and it also has adjustable rear sets from the factory.
Rider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome