Getting 07 Gixxer 600, some questions... - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 454
Bought 07 Gixxer 600, some questions...

Hi everyone

So I am in talks with the local Suzuki dealership. I have a 1999 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (Low Miles) I want to trade in. I was offered $1,300 for the Ninja. He is offering the Gixxer 600 07 for $8,300 OTD minus of course tax/tags/license. I really want $1,500 for the Ninja but I think it is a good deal on the Gixxer. Does anyone want to chime in and let me know if I am making out okay with this deal? I am still holding out because I think I can do better.

Also, just FYI, I called several insurance companies and got quotes from $4 grand a year down to $288 a year full coverage. The most expensive was Nationwide and the cheapest was State Farm! Clean record too if anyone was wondering.... Can you imagine paying $4 grand a year????

Thanks

Last edited by bikergal; 05-12-2007 at 01:52 PM.
bikergal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:59 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal View Post
Hi everyone

So I am in talks with the local Suzuki dealership. I have a 1999 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (Low Miles) I want to trade in. I was offered $1,300 for the Ninja. He is offering the Gixxer 600 07 for $8,300 OTD minus of course tax/tags/license. I really want $1,500 for the Ninja but I think it is a good deal on the Gixxer. Does anyone want to chime in and let me know if I am making out okay with this deal? I am still holding out because I think I can do better.

Also, just FYI, I called several insurance companies and got quotes from $4 grand a year down to $288 a year full coverage. The most expensive was Nationwide and the cheapest was State Farm! Clean record too if anyone was wondering.... Can you imagine paying $4 grand a year????

Thanks

You should be able to get the bike OTD (bike, tax, title, frieght, and prep) for under MSRP. THen deduct from that your trade in value which 1300 isnt too bad for a 99' 250.
Rider is offline  
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 12:01 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,152
1300 is pretty good. doubt you'll get much more than 1500 even if you sell it privately. But you could always give it a shot on craigslist.
Crazy250 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 454
Brand new the Gixxer MSRP is $8,899. The salesmen offered $8,300. He is not charging Prep/Freight or any other misc frees. Just making sure I was clear on what he was offering me. My Ninja is garage kept, never down, not a drop of rust on it anywhere. Just in great condition....

bikergal is offline  
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 12:07 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal View Post
Brand new the Gixxer MSRP is $8,899. The salesmen offered $8,300. He is not charging Prep/Freight or any other misc frees. Just making sure I was clear on what he was offering me. My Ninja is garage kept, never down, not a drop of rust on it anywhere. Just in great condition....
Get him to throw tax and title in on that 8300 and tell him it's a deal. ANd you want a free helmet.



marko138 is offline  
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Factory Racer
 
jalaan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 2,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
You should be able to get the bike OTD (bike, tax, title, frieght, and prep) for under MSRP. THen deduct from that your trade in value which 1300 isnt too bad for a 99' 250.
and

'99 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7R, My 3/4 Liter
".. speed, you can't touch it, but you damn sure can feel it! "
jalaan1 is offline  
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 12:11 PM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 592
on the insurance question definately go with state farm if it is the cheapest. I was quoted 3500 a year when i first bought a bike but i ended up finding it a lot cheaper but 4K is not unheard of. Oh yeah and congrats on hopefully a new bike.
mvp622 is offline  
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 454
I am trying to get him to go up to $1,500 on the Ninja and he won't do that. There is no way I am going to get him to pay the tax/title on this thing (would be around another $600 bucks). Hahaha.. it was a good thought.

This dealership is 5 minutes from the house so I really want to go there to get the new bike. I went to another dealership already and they offered the same deal to me. I am going to call one more dealership just to see.

A buddy of mine just bought one out of NJ and they wouldn't go down a dime from MSRP..... They said it is a hot seller, BLAH BLAH....

I am going with State Farm no questions with that one.... no brainer.....

Last edited by bikergal; 05-03-2007 at 02:14 PM.
bikergal is offline  
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 12:31 PM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal View Post
I am trying to get him to go up to $1,500 on the Ninja and he won't do that. There is no way I am going to get him to pay the tax/title on this thing (would be around another $600 bucks). Hahaha.. it was a good thought.

This dealership is 5 minutes from the house so I really want to go there to get the new bike. I went to another dealership already and they offered the same deal to me. I am going to call one more dealership just to see.

A buddy of mine just bought one out of NJ and they wouldn't do down a dime from MSRP..... They said it is a hot seller, BLAH BLAH....

I am going with State Farm no questions with that one.... no brainer.....
So the go with the 8300 + tax but you should still get him to throw in a helmet.
Rider is offline  
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 12:35 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikergal View Post
Hi everyone

So I am in talks with the local Suzuki dealership. I have a 1999 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (Low Miles) I want to trade in. I was offered $1,300 for the Ninja. He is offering the Gixxer 600 07 for $8,300 OTD minus of course tax/tags/license. I really want $1,500 for the Ninja but I think it is a good deal on the Gixxer. Does anyone want to chime in and let me know if I am making out okay with this deal? I am still holding out because I think I can do better.

Also, just FYI, I called several insurance companies and got quotes from $4 grand a year down to $288 a year full coverage. The most expensive was Nationwide and the cheapest was State Farm! Clean record too if anyone was wondering.... Can you imagine paying $4 grand a year????

Thanks
OTD includes these charges, thats why it means out the door...

its a motorcycle, you wont regret spending a little extra on it if you find a better deal. You WILL however regret not having as many beautiful days to ride it in when the weather gets ****ty.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 12:36 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Get him to throw tax and title in on that 8300 and tell him it's a deal. ANd you want a free helmet.
yea, and some gloves, believe me they'll make it happen.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 01:24 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
OTD includes these charges, thats why it means out the door...

its a motorcycle, you wont regret spending a little extra on it if you find a better deal. You WILL however regret not having as many beautiful days to ride it in when the weather gets ****ty.


just pull the trigger!! I just went to at bikes today and MAN that gixxer is nice... just GET IT already...
(tho the CBR600RR looked (and felt) so good too...)

theres no way I'm gonna last 8 years on my ninja250 before I upgrade... I don't even know if ill last 2!! how many miles does it have on it?

Last edited by Crazy250; 05-03-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Crazy250 is offline  
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 01:55 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 86
I don't know what you are waiting for... I paid 9500 OTD for my 07 Gsxr 600, but that was around 4 months ago. I say get it fast. So what if you are paying 200-300 dollars more? Look at the weather outside - get the damn bike soon!!!
GSXR07 is offline  
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 454
Laughs.. you guys are funny

I already own a bike so I can go riding whenever I want to.... I just got back from a short ride actually

I took the bike to the dealership. No go... $1,300 is his offer.

You guys are right about only being $200 bucks. But if it is only $200 why won't he give it to me???

So from what I gather from everyone I am getting a good deal for the new bike????
bikergal is offline  
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
OTD includes these charges, thats why it means out the door...


Yeah, bad choice of words. My bad.... *laughs*
bikergal is offline  
post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 02:30 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,316
damn I wish I was closer and had the money right now I'd buy your 250 for 1500! any chance you'll wait a month or two?
ebbs15 is offline  
post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 02:31 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,720
never, ever. ever let it happen again or i will smite you.

Just kiddin, go buy your damn bike, you wont regret it.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 454
Here are some pictures of my current bike

Gawd knows you guys are dying to see pictures...... Took them today....















What do you think???

Last edited by bikergal; 05-03-2007 at 04:24 PM.
bikergal is offline  
post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 03:53 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,720
they want pics of you, babe, not the bike. we've all seen a ninja before

get used to seeing this smiley a lot.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline  
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Factory Racer
 
jalaan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 2,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
they want pics of you, babe, not the bike. we've all seen a ninja before

yeah, what he said.

anyway, the bike looks to be in great condition.
get the gixxer!
you deserve it!

'99 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7R, My 3/4 Liter
".. speed, you can't touch it, but you damn sure can feel it! "
jalaan1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome