01 Gixxer 750 Rear LED tails - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Privateer
 
impala balko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Auburn MA
Posts: 916
Send a message via AIM to impala balko
01 Gixxer 750 Rear LED tails

I have an 01 750 can I put an LED tail from what ever year gixxer this is


or I have read the 02-04 Honda 954 RR tail lights fit as well. Does anyone have a step by step proceedure with possible pics of this mod

impala balko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Why not just get one specific for your bike?
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 01:57 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala balko View Post
I have an 01 750 can I put an LED tail from what ever year gixxer this is


or I have read the 02-04 Honda 954 RR tail lights fit as well. Does anyone have a step by step proceedure with possible pics of this mod



That is a 2005 600. And ANYTHING can be done with the right tools.



marko138 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 02:44 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
That is a 2005 600. And ANYTHING can be done with the right tools.
wouldnt the bracing on the swingarm make it a 750 or 1k?

and yea, anything is possible, depends on how much work u wana do
dnyce is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 02:48 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce View Post
wouldnt the bracing on the swingarm make it a 750 or 1k?

and yea, anything is possible, depends on how much work u wana do
Nah...they all come that way now. I know it's a 05 6 b/c my buddy has the exact same bike.



marko138 is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 02:49 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,299
oh. learn somethin new everyday.
dnyce is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 02:50 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce View Post
oh. learn somethin new everyday.
Actually....my bike...92 750 is not braced. The 92 600 WAS braced. How bout that.



marko138 is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Privateer
 
impala balko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Auburn MA
Posts: 916
Send a message via AIM to impala balko
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post
Why not just get one specific for your bike?
The only LED kit specific to my bike that I have seen is the two round holes with an undertail and I think it looks hideous.... there is someone on this forum that has a Gixxer 750 of my bodystyle that has the 954rr rear tails and it looks sick.

impala balko is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 03:05 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,299
the "brace rule" didnt start until the late 90's i thought? im pretty sure some of the early 1100's werent braced either

and couldnt you change the tail section to the newer style so that light fits perfectly? mite be easier than massaging that lite in2 yours, body ;ines dont seem too dif.....
dnyce is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 03:25 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce View Post
the "brace rule" didnt start until the late 90's i thought? im pretty sure some of the early 1100's werent braced either

and couldnt you change the tail section to the newer style so that light fits perfectly? mite be easier than massaging that lite in2 yours, body ;ines dont seem too dif.....
Thats what I was thinking too...just swap the whole tail section.



marko138 is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Privateer
 
impala balko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Auburn MA
Posts: 916
Send a message via AIM to impala balko
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Thats what I was thinking too...just swap the whole tail section.
that works too.... is the tail on that bike the same as a 750 of that bodystyle

impala balko is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 03:38 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala balko View Post
that works too.... is the tail on that bike the same as a 750 of that bodystyle
Probably. Most of the 6 and 7's are nearly identical.



marko138 is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 02:39 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 138
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...102&mmyId=2120
Check out Dennis Kirk they sell the LED Tail light thats made for your bike in many different options to choose from!

I have the Hot Boddies Undertail that you think is ugly and I think its actually a nice clean fit and look once installed but I can understand you like what you like... My only complaint is that I don't think there are enough LED's nor are they bright enough for my liking!

Joe4g63gsx is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Privateer
 
impala balko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Auburn MA
Posts: 916
Send a message via AIM to impala balko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4g63gsx View Post
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...102&mmyId=2120
Check out Dennis Kirk they sell the LED Tail light thats made for your bike in many different options to choose from!

I have the Hot Boddies Undertail that you think is ugly and I think its actually a nice clean fit and look once installed but I can understand you like what you like... My only complaint is that I don't think there are enough LED's nor are they bright enough for my liking!

Thanks for the link Ill have to give them a call I like the Blue LED tails the best

impala balko is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 04:00 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 138
I would check ebay before you call them. You never know what kind of deals you can find! Good Luck!

Also I have some parts if you are interested!

Rear Rim White in color in great shape with bearings, rotor, crush drive and sprocket $50 plus shipping

I have quite a bit more stuff if you need anything send me a pm
I just told you about the rim because I need to clear out some space in the garrage.
Joe4g63gsx is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 06:06 AM
Sportbike Junkie
 
TIGGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Greenville,NC
Posts: 658
Me too! I have a clear alternatives led tail light for that bike if you want it, ummm $20 plus shipping sound ok? It does not have the integrated turning signals though.

TIGGER is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Privateer
 
impala balko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Auburn MA
Posts: 916
Send a message via AIM to impala balko
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Me too! I have a clear alternatives led tail light for that bike if you want it, ummm $20 plus shipping sound ok? It does not have the integrated turning signals though.
Do you have any pics of it lit up I am currious as to what they look like

impala balko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome