08 Busa - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Chicken Strip
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 67
08 Busa

Has anyone else seen the new 08 Busa? I saw the Street Bikes episode with them and they are pretty good looking!
Any thoughts from you Suzuki guys?
hondaRRguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:01 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 478
Yup purty old news

GearGrabinGuy is offline  
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
performance is kickass but it looks
PlayfulGod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:04 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaRRguy View Post
Has anyone else seen the new 08 Busa? I saw the Street Bikes episode with them and they are pretty good looking!
Any thoughts from you Suzuki guys?


Finally saw this beast in person over the weekend. Holy cow, talk about Fugly. Seriously.... WTF were they thinkin with that back end? It's quite possibly the ugliest back end on a sportbike, ever.


(Sorry for those who are fans of it... just my opinion... )
neebelung is offline  
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:05 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Great sport touring bike and very comfortable but not much of a canyon carver.
Rider is offline  
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:23 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post


Finally saw this beast in person over the weekend. Holy cow, talk about Fugly. Seriously.... WTF were they thinkin with that back end? It's quite possibly the ugliest back end on a sportbike, ever.
Yeah good god what is that thing on the back? it makes the old busa look good.
Crazy250 is offline  
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:30 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
busa is teh gheyzorz.
ceo012384 is offline  
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:36 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
busa is teh gheyzorz.
They have their purpose, just like your R6 has a purpose. Your R6 is a track bike, the Busa isnt. Just because it doesnt serve the purpose YOU want it to doesnt mean its gay.
Rider is offline  
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:41 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9,233
Not to mention, the Busa makes a damned fine bike for drag racing.
neebelung is offline  
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
They have their purpose, just like your R6 has a purpose. Your R6 is a track bike, the Busa isnt. Just because it doesnt serve the purpose YOU want it to doesnt mean its gay.
I never said it didn't have a purpose. They are great sport touring bikes. However they are still ugly as f&*k which is why I said they are teh gheyzorz.
ceo012384 is offline  
post #11 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:49 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
I never said it didn't have a purpose. They are great sport touring bikes. However they are still ugly as f&*k which is why I said they are teh gheyzorz.
Now that I cant argue with.
Rider is offline  
post #12 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Chicken Strip
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 67
super bikes

they looked pretty good on tv, and the tests they were put through seemed reasonable. I know they are journalists reporting and not you guys but they seemed impressed with the bike, and the styling, much more performance than style though.
hondaRRguy is offline  
post #13 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaRRguy View Post
they looked pretty good on tv, and the tests they were put through seemed reasonable. I know they are journalists reporting and not you guys but they seemed impressed with the bike, and the styling, much more performance than style though.
didnt on the show I seen em on
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #14 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Privateer
 
impala balko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Auburn MA
Posts: 916
Send a message via AIM to impala balko
Id rock one they look confortable for long cruises... I do agree the tail is a little bit ugly though

impala balko is offline  
post #15 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Rae
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,213
People, the busa may not be your kinda bike, but it does have a purpose, and for those who have ridden them, they are a super sweet ride. Just cuz its not something you would rock, dont dog it!

As for not being a track bike, while not common to see on the track, I must disagree with that statement, completely and totally! There was a Busa running this weekend at the track and the rider (very well known to me) is a kicka$$ rider and this was his first track day. He rode Saturday as a Novice and was bumped to the Intermediate for Sunday. He was passing people like you wouldnt believe. Yeah, he caught crap from some other riders for being on a Busa and was passed by better riders himself, but you'd be amazed at what it can do. He was draggin knee with the best of them and throwing that beast around the turns!
Rae is offline  
post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
People, the busa may not be your kinda bike, but it does have a purpose, and for those who have ridden them, they are a super sweet ride. Just cuz its not something you would rock, dont dog it!

As for not being a track bike, while not common to see on the track, I must disagree with that statement, completely and totally! There was a Busa running this weekend at the track and the rider (very well known to me) is a kicka$$ rider and this was his first track day. He rode Saturday as a Novice and was bumped to the Intermediate for Sunday. He was passing people like you wouldnt believe. Yeah, he caught crap from some other riders for being on a Busa and was passed by better riders himself, but you'd be amazed at what it can do. He was draggin knee with the best of them and throwing that beast around the turns!
they still looking tho
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Knee Dragger
 
BikeMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 331
Send a message via MSN to BikeMaster
alot of junk in the trunk on that busa..but im still getting one

I still have not seen in person thou, they will be here in i think a week or so
BikeMaster is offline  
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:09 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 138
I have seen one in person and got the chance to ride it as well. My friend ordered one and got it on the 5th! He had to pull some strings because his now wife wanted it for their wedding on the 13th. I have to say I kinda dig the blue color that he got. Yes the tail is not my idea of sexy and those semi sized mufflers have to go! But with a fender elim and smaller single exit exhaust I think it could be tollerable. As for performance well its a busa, tons of power!! I didnt get the chance to hit any good corners but my friend says it handles way better than his 02 busa that he had prior. It sure is comfortable to ride too!! If I ever get the pics from the wedding I will post them here. Or keep your eye on the suzuki news letter, as the suzuki rep wanted pictures.
Joe4g63gsx is offline  
post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 10:36 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 911
Look at this 2008 Busa Powered Naked Bike
When looking for a bike the guy at the Suzuki dealership said it was a "Naked Busa". I haven't decided wether I want to hump that bike or throw chunks at it.

That one is pretty ugly. And can someone point out the year to me where the Hyabusa looked good?

Personally I think Suzuki should just sell the Busa without rims, swingarms or windscreens. Plus the bike to be primer and that's it. Because that will be replaced shortly with 5ft chrome swingarms, spiffy paint, chrome rims and a mirror windscreen. I think it would increase sales becuase more people could buy the bike becuase it woudl be cheaper and they could get the custom bolt on accesories that they have to have before they hit the streets.
Atlantasmittie84 is offline  
post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:04 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 478
The King-B is old news, actualy over a year. But the orig. concept was supercharged!!! Id rock one if they came out with it. If they just wouldnt de-tune the bastids.
GearGrabinGuy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome