Two Wheel Forums banner

new cage

5K views 59 replies 16 participants last post by  trock 
#1 ·
I picked her up yesterday. Had a couple slight issues but after today she will be ready to pass inspection and be completely legal.

spy shot :

I will clean it up this week and take some better pics and post them up but until then this is all I have for you...

98 Camaro SS
magnaflow cat back
hooker shorty headers
global west coilover springs
bilstein hd shocks
Strano front sway bar
1LE rear sway bar
panhard bar
control arms
lid
K&N
B&M short throw shifter

thats aobut it for now... This should keep me going until the ducati next season. :drool:

and yes that is my jeep in the background

See less See more
#5 ·
Its funny you bring this up...

The original owner had drag radials on it and must have been a great driver or something cause he got it down to 12.8 I believe. My friend (the second owner and guy I bought it from) only ran it for abotut 4 passes and got 13.8. I had a Z28 equipped pretty much the same without the shorty headers and I got it down to 13.2 with practice (I was on 18" Michelin Pilot Sport streeet tires, my buddy on 17" BFG's street tires) so I am guessing with some more practice and a really nice track day I could see 13.1 or maybe even a 13.0... if I am REALLY lucky I could squeeze out a 12.9...

#10 ·
I would love a 1098 but i just dont think I can justify paying that mouch money for it if I dont plan on riding it ALL THE TIME...

I think I will go with a Monster... either a used S2 or S4R

And if I dont do that I will most likely get an early 2000's 996... Could be had for under 10K

#12 ·
Actually up until last year that law was the same here in Maryland. Some protestors got together to fight the power and now we are just required to have a Confederate Flag license plate frame... Pretty much changing our scarlet letter from Mullett to Confederate

Angry Protestors 1... state government 0

#16 ·
Yeah but camaros are associated with ******** and white trash and deep south and mullets and confederate flags... We won the right to cut the mullet but still have to be branded some how... I guess driving a camaro itself is just not enough

#42 ·
Krooks and SLP are both fine choices, just remember to order a shorty Y-pipe while your at it, (get the cat-less one if your state doesn't have emission testing)

Also look into a more aggressive cam, even with the stock heads a cammed ls1 can lay down over 400hp to the wheels (will have to upgrade the fuel system tho), as far as new gears I'd go with 3.73's for the M6 because other wise your 60' is going to suck a** as your just sit the and spin through first. Investing in a hand held tuner would also be a good idea.

And to whoever said to get a CAI (cold air induction), he already has a K&N filter. No need to waste 150 bones on a CAI that might gain him 2-4 hp.

#43 ·
Yeah a buddy of mine has done a few cam swaps on various cars and that is definitely in the works for me after I get some more dough. Rear w/ gear, cam, tune, 17X11 rear wheels and some drag radials and I could be doing pretty damn good down the 1320

I also plan on autocrossing the car as well :)

#47 ·
:yikes:

I also need to upgrade my intake manifold to either the LS6 ported or an LSx manifold...

I just cant decide if I want to go Forced induction or not in the future. I think big HP N/A car would be awesome but there is something about a 700hp turbo LS1 Camaro that is ringing in the back of my head :)

#60 · (Edited)
2-1-2 is useless. You may as well just run 1 all of the way out. It can only flow as fast as the most restricting part and that would be it. If you can't find an aftermarket X have a shop custom fab one, or just run true dual all of the way out.

http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=Exhaust
this website has an x pipe for camaros made by speed inc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.