outrunnin' popo......... - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Factory Racer
 
jalaan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 2,022
outrunnin' popo.........


'99 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7R, My 3/4 Liter
".. speed, you can't touch it, but you damn sure can feel it! "
jalaan1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,237
fpzx10 is offline  
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:31 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpzx10 View Post
you should show them how it's done

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:33 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
you should show them how it's done
no comprende mi amigo
fpzx10 is offline  
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:51 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,152
feedback cycle....

bikers run from the cops <---> harsher laws for bikers that are caught
Crazy250 is offline  
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Factory Racer
 
jalaan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 2,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy250 View Post
feedback cycle....

bikers run from the cops <---> harsher laws for bikers that are caught


just makes it bad for the rest of us.

'99 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7R, My 3/4 Liter
".. speed, you can't touch it, but you damn sure can feel it! "
jalaan1 is offline  
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 05:49 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,181
,.. what a turky that biker,...
YZFR61ST is offline  
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Privateer
 
impala balko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Auburn MA
Posts: 916
Send a message via AIM to impala balko
the thing is that cop was definately close enough to get a visual on the plate and possibly get the number.... If the cop did that the guy/girl is as good as flucked.

impala balko is offline  
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 06:15 PM
TWF Champion
 
SVRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 3,631
Send a message via Yahoo to SVRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala balko View Post
the thing is that cop was definately close enough to get a visual on the plate and possibly get the number.... If the cop did that the guy/girl is as good as flucked.
Not necessarily.

Could have had a tucked plate, and the cops have to prove it was you on the bike... hard to do when wearing a helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
they make the one i posted in a strap on version
SVRider is offline  
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Privateer
 
impala balko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Auburn MA
Posts: 916
Send a message via AIM to impala balko
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRider View Post
Not necessarily.

Could have had a tucked plate, and the cops have to prove it was you on the bike... hard to do when wearing a helmet.
I figured they assume your guilt and its up to you to prove your innocence at the trial... Usually if its not you they expect you to flip or take the heat... The bike being positively IDed with your tags on your bike is enough for them to convict I would imagine.... trust me even though they say innocent until proven guilty... it really is vice versa.

impala balko is offline  
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala balko View Post
I figured they assume your guilt and its up to you to prove your innocence at the trial... Usually if its not you they expect you to flip or take the heat... The bike being positively IDed with your tags on your bike is enough for them to convict I would imagine.... trust me even though they say innocent until proven guilty... it really is vice versa.
you are so right there. If anyone thinks different I suggest you stay in your perfect lil world because if you step out of it the big bad real world will bite you in the a$$.
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Privateer
 
impala balko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Auburn MA
Posts: 916
Send a message via AIM to impala balko
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
you are so right there. If anyone thinks different I suggest you stay in your perfect lil world because if you step out of it the big bad real world will bite you in the a$$.
and another thing is... yes it is very easy to outrun a Crown Vic... it is imposible to outrun the Motorola.... Trust me... I speak from experience.

impala balko is offline  
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 07:36 PM
TWF Champion
 
SVRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 3,631
Send a message via Yahoo to SVRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala balko View Post
I figured they assume your guilt and its up to you to prove your innocence at the trial... Usually if its not you they expect you to flip or take the heat... The bike being positively IDed with your tags on your bike is enough for them to convict I would imagine.... trust me even though they say innocent until proven guilty... it really is vice versa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala balko View Post
and another thing is... yes it is very easy to outrun a Crown Vic... it is imposible to outrun the Motorola.... Trust me... I speak from experience.
Not denying that you cannot out run the radio, and not saying you should run at all.
I do know that when I was almost run over by a cager, I positively ID'd the plates, and vehicle, but because i could not positively ID the DRIVER of the vehicle at the time, (it was dark out, and tinted windows) i couldn't make any charges stick.
Next time I guess i'll just take matters into my own hands... by way of H&K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
they make the one i posted in a strap on version
SVRider is offline  
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 07:37 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 478
Hopefully he didnt have a plate on the bike at all. But what ever FTP!!!
GearGrabinGuy is offline  
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 07:58 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916





-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 10:19 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRider View Post
Not denying that you cannot out run the radio, and not saying you should run at all.
I do know that when I was almost run over by a cager, I positively ID'd the plates, and vehicle, but because i could not positively ID the DRIVER of the vehicle at the time, (it was dark out, and tinted windows) i couldn't make any charges stick.
Next time I guess i'll just take matters into my own hands... by way of H&K.
You are correct there. Because in America we are held accountable for OUR actions they can't just get you with a plate. They can still come and get you. But any half brained lawyer will get you out of it.

For them to convict you I think they'd have to take rubber samples from the road and hope you touched your tire to get DNA. Get a warrant to search your home and to find your riding gear and make sure it matches your body profile and all kinds of other EXPENSIVE tests that would piss off a judge who his more worried about child molesters, rapists, robbers, theives, etc than some squid on a bike.
Atlantasmittie84 is offline  
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Sportbike Junkie
 
TIGGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Greenville,NC
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasmittie84 View Post
You are correct there. Because in America we are held accountable for OUR actions they can't just get you with a plate. They can still come and get you. But any half brained lawyer will get you out of it.

For them to convict you I think they'd have to take rubber samples from the road and hope you touched your tire to get DNA. Get a warrant to search your home and to find your riding gear and make sure it matches your body profile and all kinds of other EXPENSIVE tests that would piss off a judge who his more worried about child molesters, rapists, robbers, theives, etc than some squid on a bike.

IT'S SQUID TIME!!! In the days of my youth,I outran the cops several times a Summer. It was just part of the deal. The slowest guy or the guy who didn't want to run took the ticket. My problem with that vid was I thought the guy was in a car at first considering how long he took to get away. I have video of us bailing while we were recording our stunt videos. People would call the cops about us doing wheelies on the freeway and we'd have to vamoose. It sure didn't take that long I assure you! Anyway,I quit that crap... well actually I bought a Valentine 1 and haven't had any need to run since(knock on wood). I agree it makes it harder on other bikers tho'. I've had cops write me tickets for 5 over and stop me looking for some other guy. So I totally see the other side of it but it was so darn easy to get away. Oh and as far the Motorola goes..there's got to be another cop close enough to join before I break visual and get off the freeway! The worst thing that happens is when you come up BEHIND another cop! Now that sucks! Short story,back when I had my V-Max,like '90 or so. I had a suspended license (go figure) and my airhead gf locked her keys in her car at work. Well,I get on my bike to take them to her and pick up a cop. He follows me into her parking lot and I BAIL!! I get involved with about 5 cruisers but get away. The first cop went back to her work and asked if anyone knew the guy that took off because there's been an accident. She totally falls for it and gives up everything! I'm sitting at home and here's the knock on the door....

TIGGER is offline  
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantasmittie84 View Post
You are correct there. Because in America we are held accountable for OUR actions they can't just get you with a plate. They can still come and get you. But any half brained lawyer will get you out of it.

For them to convict you I think they'd have to take rubber samples from the road and hope you touched your tire to get DNA. Get a warrant to search your home and to find your riding gear and make sure it matches your body profile and all kinds of other EXPENSIVE tests that would piss off a judge who his more worried about child molesters, rapists, robbers, theives, etc than some squid on a bike.
and you still had to spend tyme in jail, spend alot of $$ on a lawyer etc.

GET this thru you heads, all this innocent until proven guilty **** is false. You are guilty until YOU can prove yourself innocent. Dont believe me? explain how they threat you.
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:54 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 649
a friend ran from the popo in california. they suspended the registration on his bike while they did the investigation. they could not ID him so he did not get punished, but he could not ride his bike for awhile (well not legally). he ignored the court notice and continues to ride it.
ptowntsi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome