Two Wheel Forums banner

Back Protector help

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  OneSickPsycho 
#1 ·
A friend will be doing track days soon and asked me what brand I recommend. He wants really good protection. I told him that I'll ask around. Please help decide. Thanks.

#10 ·
I had that once too. Got it for 25 bucks off Ebay. Worked good until I upgraded the suit and am buying a full length Astars protector for my track day on Sunday.

But yeah, any of the top name brands like Dianese or Alpinstars make really good ones. Make sure he has enough room under his suit to fit the extra inch or more under it.

#12 ·
Yep. Have one of these and love it!!! You can get it from either Johnson Leathers in San Francisco or you can get it from Joe Rocket. The Joe Rocket version costs a couple of bucks less but not significantly so. Same stuff, different names. Johnson Leathers also carry a complete line of T-Pro armor too: armored shorts, kneecups, shin pads, underjacket, chest pad, etc.

#15 ·
i have a jacket, but was interested in a back protector. i got the astars spinner jacket that has cheap foam for the backing which seems that you can take it out and maybe replace it w/ something else? does anyone know if i can insert something that is more protective into my astars jacket?

#17 ·
yea i was hoping that i would be able to get the protection of a back protector w/o the straps, but now i think about it, it seems kinda far fetched.
anyways how protective are those CE padding, and where can i get a good deal on one for my jacket?

#19 ·
cool thanx, i read the review of the padding astars offers, they say its not worth it and i should get a back protector instead. im looking at the icon field armor vest, got some good reviews and cheap too, although its known to get a little hot under a jacket.(not a good look considering i wear leather in southern cali).

#21 ·
so u dont think the icon vest is a good way to go?
a lot of good reviews on it, anyone take on this? i honestly dont mind shelling out the extra 70-80 bucks, but if the 2 are comparable, then y not save $$?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.