Two Wheel Forums banner

dim rear blinkers....

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ls1ssws6 
#1 ·
so i had my bike apart to install a scorpio and decided on some new LED rear blinkers while it was apart since one of the rears was out....put it all together and tested it a few times during the process and the blinkers worked fine....then completed it and put the bike back together and now when i turn on the signals its sort of dim then if i hit the brake at the same time as i have the signals on it gets dim to the point i can barely see it unless im right up on my blinker....anyone know what this could be? :wbs:

#2 ·
bad ground as i already said... check it by running the ground to the battery and troubleshoot again.

But maybe I'm wrong... lets see what others think.

no worries is great with this electrical stuff.

#4 ·
...no worries is great with this electrical stuff.
I know the basics.

so i had my bike apart to install a scorpio and decided on some new LED rear blinkers while it was apart since one of the rears was out....put it all together and tested it a few times during the process and the blinkers worked fine....then completed it and put the bike back together and now when i turn on the signals its sort of dim then if i hit the brake at the same time as i have the signals on it gets dim to the point i can barely see it unless im right up on my blinker....anyone know what this could be? :wbs:
I've never even seen LED lights on a bike or know how they work. On my bikes, the running light and brake light use the same bulb(s), but the brake signal uses an added filament in the bulb so the brake light is twice as bright.

So how does the LED work? Assuming the LED's use the same bulb's for running light and brake, how does the brake light get brighter? Does the brake light switch bypass a resistor to make the bulbs brighter? If so, maybe it's wired wrong.

As for the turnsignals, mine operate the same as the brake light (extra filament). Your original turnsignal relay may have to be replaced to cope with the added resistance. Why not ask the company who made it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.