Getting your bike painted - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 639
Getting your bike painted

Was wondering where you guys go to get your bike painted? is there like a nationwide chain or do you just have to find some local place?
Ineffable is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 06:54 AM
First 1000 Member
 
EIDROEDYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Detroit, MI-Rivercyde
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable
Was wondering where you guys go to get your bike painted? is there like a nationwide chain or do you just have to find some local place?
Not sure where you're located but here in MI, you have to find a local shop/painter. My bike was painted last year by a local auto customizing shop.
EIDROEDYR is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 07:55 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
F nationwide chains. They paint cars. Find a guy and get to know him. My cousin paints bikes. He'll do my work should I need it.



marko138 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 11:23 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138
F nationwide chains. They paint cars. Find a guy and get to know him. My cousin paints bikes. He'll do my work should I need it.
Yeah they paint cars and usually don't do that all that well!

Alot of people do themselves... but yeah most just find a local guy... bike plastics aren't hard to paint...




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 07:31 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
Yeah they paint cars and usually don't do that all that well!

Alot of people do themselves... but yeah most just find a local guy... bike plastics aren't hard to paint...




marko138 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 05:48 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,007
I had a local guy paint mine and he was really, really cheap! He paints because he likes to and not really for the money.

Last edited by 1BadCBR; 08-08-2006 at 05:50 PM.
1BadCBR is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 06:57 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadCBR
I had a local guy paint mine and he was really, really cheap! He paints because he likes to and not really for the money.
Thats the way to do it. Get to know somebody.



marko138 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome