Gilles chain adjusters - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 138
Gilles chain adjusters

Has anyone tried these? I just installed them last week and they are very easy to operate. I like the look as well. The Gilles lifters are also shown.

Sorry about the crappy pics.



bac1023 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Crappy pix? I'd say those look rather good...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 05:04 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post
Crappy pix? I'd say those look rather good...




marko138 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 07:16 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,147
What did those $et you back? I try not to move my chain unless absolutely necessary...The factory ones can be a pain.
bumblebee is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 08:33 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,335
Do they somehow work differently than factory ones? What exactly makes these special? Just want reasoning, in case I ever decide to do something to a bike whenever I buy a new one (hopefully within the next year because I'm tired of being bikeless again).
Captain Morgan is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 12:20 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Some are easier than others. My R6 is a lot easier than '05's or older. It's kind of like these ones, but not a cool looking by far. they work the same way though. Twist the bolt at the end to adjust chain and tighten down a locking nut to secure in place. Everything is in back of the rear axle where the '05's and older have the bolt in front of the rear axle and the locking nut. It's just easier on the '06's.

DLIT is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Do they somehow work differently than factory ones? What exactly makes these special? Just want reasoning, in case I ever decide to do something to a bike whenever I buy a new one (hopefully within the next year because I'm tired of being bikeless again).
Thos of us that have rode and worked on their own bike for a few years remember the ease of having the adjuster at the rear of the swingarm. Not necessarily better. Just quicker.

Submit your ride for the TWF Bike of the Month here


Currently ride 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 2005 GSXR 1000
jeeps84 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:05 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps84 View Post
Thos of us that have rode and worked on their own bike for a few years remember the ease of having the adjuster at the rear of the swingarm. Not necessarily better. Just quicker.
That's what I was trying to say.
DLIT is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 01:56 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLITALIEN View Post
Some are easier than others. My R6 is a lot easier than '05's or older. It's kind of like these ones, but not a cool looking by far. they work the same way though. Twist the bolt at the end to adjust chain and tighten down a locking nut to secure in place. Everything is in back of the rear axle where the '05's and older have the bolt in front of the rear axle and the locking nut. It's just easier on the '06's.

My 92's adjuster's are on the end like that.



marko138 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 05:10 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,314
bac10, are the marks on the Gilles accurate? Slick if they are-
JK_DILLA is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_DILLA View Post
bac10, are the marks on the Gilles accurate? Slick if they are-
They're very accurate, making adjustment a piece of cake.
bac1023 is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
What did those $et you back? I try not to move my chain unless absolutely necessary...The factory ones can be a pain.
Here: http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/g...dj%20mille.htm

That's for the RSVR, but the site sells them for many bikes.

Here's the lifters if anyone's interested: http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/gilles%20lifters.htm

Last edited by bac1023; 09-19-2006 at 05:28 PM.
bac1023 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome