Pc 3 - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Just N. of Detroit
Posts: 12
Pc 3

I just picked up a dyno jet pc 3 to play around a bit. As of now the only thing i have done to my 06 cbr1000 is k/n filters, but I plan on doing much more> i was just wondering who has had experience with this product and what ya think, good/sux/tips, stuff like that. Sweet!
Marcosis1972 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 12:07 PM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Run the stock map in it until you get a slip-on/full exhaust system installed. I love mine but I need to get a custom map done. My bike it running pretty rich. I dont have the number of maps available that you do for your bike. Maybe the map that you get for you pipe wil have it running pretty good. One thing that is nice is that they are super easy to dowload different maps into, so you can play with it to get it tuned to how you like it.
Rider is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Just N. of Detroit
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Run the stock map in it until you get a slip-on/full exhaust system installed. I love mine but I need to get a custom map done. My bike it running pretty rich. I dont have the number of maps available that you do for your bike. Maybe the map that you get for you pipe wil have it running pretty good. One thing that is nice is that they are super easy to dowload different maps into, so you can play with it to get it tuned to how you like it.
I am definately planning on getting a pipe, do you think a full vs. s.o makes a worth while difference?

The only way to have enough power is to have to much!




2006 CBR1000RR
Marcosis1972 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 01:00 PM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosis1972 View Post
I am definately planning on getting a pipe, do you think a full vs. s.o makes a worth while difference?
Are you going to race the bike? If not, I would only get a slip-on. No need to waste the money. You wont be using all that power on the street anyway. The slip-on will get you a sweet sounding bike though.
Rider is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 01:21 PM
 
PiZdETS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
One thing that is nice is that they are super easy to dowload different maps into, so you can play with it to get it tuned to how you like it.
Can you point me towards where to download a map for my 2003 GSXR 1000 with full yosh RS-3 exhaust?


Quote:
Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead. ~Mac McCleary
PiZdETS is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Banned
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dalton, Georgia
Posts: 9,569
Send a message via AIM to PlayfulGod Send a message via MSN to PlayfulGod
I will be so in trouble once I have a bike I can plug my lappy into n f**k all up
PlayfulGod is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 01:23 PM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
Can you point me towards where to download a map for my 2003 GSXR 1000 with full yosh RS-3 exhaust?
http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...s/m315-014.exe
Rider is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
 
PiZdETS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 912
Ahh should've been more specific. It came with the pc3 and that map for the yosh system. Wondering if you know where to download a shops custom made map for my bike.
Is this a horrible idea? Should I stop being cheap and just get a dyno tune? Any idea about how much those cost?



Quote:
Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead. ~Mac McCleary
PiZdETS is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 01:53 PM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
Ahh should've been more specific. It came with the pc3 and that map for the yosh system. Wondering if you know where to download a shops custom made map for my bike.
Is this a horrible idea? Should I stop being cheap and just get a dyno tune? Any idea about how much those cost?

You might be able to find a custom map from somebody in the Gixxer forums. Here in town a full dyno tune, custom map is $300. You can get a half map (tuned at every 500rpm insted of every 250) for $150.
Rider is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 10:27 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
There are alot of shops around the D to get custom maps done. Those are the best.




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome