AIR SHIFTER anyone use one - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
02GSXXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
AIR SHIFTER anyone use one

Anybody use one or hear anything about it??

02GSXXR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Sportbike Junkie
 
777Customs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 534
I have seen them on drag bikes and show bikes mostley.

Push button shifting, usually cuts out spark or fuel the slightley to shift quickley while holding full throttle.

Good [email protected]#$ ain't cheap, and cheap [email protected]#$ ain't good.



http://www.myspace.com/777customs

The only difference between suicide and killing yourself is whether of not you had fun doing it.
777Customs is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
02GSXXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777Customs View Post
I have seen them on drag bikes and show bikes mostley.

Push button shifting, usually cuts out spark or fuel the slightley to shift quickley while holding full throttle.
yea thats what the instructions say to hook it up to the kill swich and it cuts spark just seein if anyone has used them or if its worht puttin on my bike
02GSXXR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Sportbike Junkie
 
777Customs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GSXXR View Post
yea thats what the instructions say to hook it up to the kill swich and it cuts spark just seein if anyone has used them or if its worht puttin on my bike
In all honesty it is up to preferance. Get itif you want to (A) be able to say you have it, (B) shift faster then just about any other rider, or (C) blow off some of that pesky loose money you have laying around.


Good [email protected]#$ ain't cheap, and cheap [email protected]#$ ain't good.



http://www.myspace.com/777customs

The only difference between suicide and killing yourself is whether of not you had fun doing it.
777Customs is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
02GSXXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777Customs View Post
In all honesty it is up to preference. Get it if you want to (A) be able to say you have it, (B) shift faster then just about any other rider, or (C) blow off some of that pesky loose money you have laying around.

well i already have it got it for free from the kid i bought the bike form he took it off cause the kid before him had it on and he just didnt like it.. but its the whole 9 yards have the on board compressor and everything so idk i might just give it a shot and see whats its about
02GSXXR is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Sportbike Junkie
 
777Customs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GSXXR View Post
well i already have it got it for free from the kid i bought the bike form he took it off cause the kid before him had it on and he just didnt like it.. but its the whole 9 yards have the on board compressor and everything so idk i might just give it a shot and see whats its about
I see it has a hose so that you can air up your tires, that may be useful.

Many people use a relay setup to use there horn button as a shift button. with a toggle switch you can still use it for horn also.

I'd be curious as to how it cuts out spark/fuel, weather or not you need a programer or ignition module.


Good [email protected]#$ ain't cheap, and cheap [email protected]#$ ain't good.



http://www.myspace.com/777customs

The only difference between suicide and killing yourself is whether of not you had fun doing it.
777Customs is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
02GSXXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777Customs View Post
I see it has a hose so that you can air up your tires, that may be useful.

Many people use a relay setup to use there horn button as a shift button. with a toggle switch you can still use it for horn also.

I'd be curious as to how it cuts out spark/fuel, weather or not you need a programer or ignition module.

it hooks to a module that wires in to the power to the kill switch and the ground. Its like shuttin the kill switch on and off but the module also connects to the ignition coils. so yea that would be usefull having a air compressor on the bike 24/7 and yea i have a toggle switch so i can still use the horn when the air shifter is not turned on
02GSXXR is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Sportbike Junkie
 
777Customs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GSXXR View Post
it hooks to a module that wires in to the power to the kill switch and the ground. Its like shuttin the kill switch on and off but the module also connects to the ignition coils. so yea that would be usefull having a air compressor on the bike 24/7 and yea i have a toggle switch so i can still use the horn when the air shifter is not turned on
OK most I have delt with use the fuel programmer to momentarily shut off injector pulse to shift. Less likely to backfire that way. Most I have seen either eliminate the horn or fab up a new button and mount. I just add in a small toggle switch and a 5 wire relay to make it a dual use button.


Good [email protected]#$ ain't cheap, and cheap [email protected]#$ ain't good.



http://www.myspace.com/777customs

The only difference between suicide and killing yourself is whether of not you had fun doing it.
777Customs is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
02GSXXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777Customs View Post
OK most I have delt with use the fuel programmer to momentarily shut off injector pulse to shift. Less likely to backfire that way. Most I have seen either eliminate the horn or fab up a new button and mount. I just add in a small toggle switch and a 5 wire relay to make it a dual use button.

thanx man gotta read into the instruction little more before i go and tear the bike apart
02GSXXR is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Sportbike Junkie
 
777Customs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GSXXR View Post
thanx man gotta read into the instruction little more before i go and tear the bike apart
Let me know if you need help with anything your not sure on.

Good [email protected]#$ ain't cheap, and cheap [email protected]#$ ain't good.



http://www.myspace.com/777customs

The only difference between suicide and killing yourself is whether of not you had fun doing it.
777Customs is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
02GSXXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777Customs View Post
Let me know if you need help with anything your not sure on.
thanx and will do
02GSXXR is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GSXXR View Post
Anybody use one or hear anything about it??

What's that in the upper left of the picture there Cheech?

Honestly, I'd sell that bitch to some squids.

Oh, and I had that exact same table... It met it's demise from a drunken flying elbow off the arm of the couch...

Last edited by OneSickPsycho; 10-14-2007 at 11:43 PM. Reason: I swear I know my left from my right...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 11:52 PM
Factory Racer
 
dnyce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: so cali
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GSXXR View Post
Anybody use one or hear anything about it??

used em, great for the track, fun on the street for the 1-2, 2-3 shift, after that you're definatly way over the speed limit.

two things-buy new airline-its cheap, and u would hate to hook it up only to find out you got a pinhole leak somewhere.

and two-that air bottle isnt legal at nhra tracks cuz its welded, in case you wanted to go racing. you need a 1 piece 1800psi stamped bottle. chances are the tech guy wont check, but if he does, i doubt he'll pass you.

have fun-shifting w.o.t. kicks a$$

if you decide to go with it theres a few mounting tips i could pass along, so let me know

dnyce is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Sportbike Junkie
 
02GSXXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce View Post
used em, great for the track, fun on the street for the 1-2, 2-3 shift, after that you're definatly way over the speed limit.

two things-buy new airline-its cheap, and u would hate to hook it up only to find out you got a pinhole leak somewhere.

and two-that air bottle isnt legal at nhra tracks cuz its welded, in case you wanted to go racing. you need a 1 piece 1800psi stamped bottle. chances are the tech guy wont check, but if he does, i doubt he'll pass you.

have fun-shifting w.o.t. kicks a$$

if you decide to go with it theres a few mounting tips i could pass along, so let me know
yea ill have to look into it idk what going to do with the shift money tight leaning towards selling it but just curious on your mounting tips cause i might try it out before i sell it
02GSXXR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome