Licence Plate brackets - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8
Licence Plate brackets

Hi all, anyone know where I can grab one of those licence plate brackets where you can bend plate back and forth?

I saw it on a site way back but cant find it anymore

any store links?

Thanks All!
kaboom78 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:13 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
what kind of bike do you have? Are you talking about a fender eliminator?

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:18 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
or are you talking about something to hide the visibility from the cops? if so I need one of those too!
R1up0n1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8
I have a F4i, I already have a fender eliminator, but the play bracket on this puts my plate on a permanent angle. (cant bend it back and forth) I have seen some other bikes with a plate bracket where they can bend there plate back and forth..... I wanna know where to get that any ideas
kaboom78 is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:35 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom78
I have a F4i, I already have a fender eliminator, but the play bracket on this puts my plate on a permanent angle. (cant bend it back and forth) I have seen some other bikes with a plate bracket where they can bend there plate back and forth..... I wanna know where to get that any ideas
I can't bend my Graves fender eliminator bracket. I am just going to do what everyone else does either fold the plate up like a taco, or do a burn out and cover the plate with rubber.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 02:38 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1up0n1
I can't bend my Graves fender eliminator bracket. I am just going to do what everyone else does either fold the plate up like a taco, or do a burn out and cover the plate with rubber.
nice

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 03:44 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 662
I think this fast-tags system will do the trick... lets your flip it remotely
Gr1n1n is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 03:46 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1n1n
I think this fast-tags system will do the trick... lets your flip it remotely
I am surprised you are allowed to sell stuff like that. With the way people sue in this country, I bet they could go after that company for aiding and abetting.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 03:48 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1n1n
I think this fast-tags system will do the trick... lets your flip it remotely
for $150.00 I can make my own with a remote control car/airplane/boat servo.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 03:49 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolEngineer
I am surprised you are allowed to sell stuff like that. With the way people sue in this country, I bet they could go after that company for aiding and abetting.
hey they did put their disclosure on there not intended for street use so othat saves their asses.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 03:50 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1up0n1
hey they did put their disclosure on there not intended for street use so othat saves their asses.
Yeah I am sure the judge would agree with that. Just like pre-nups actually holding up.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR

Last edited by Trip; 05-14-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Trip is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:38 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 662
Hehehe.... Yeah, I mean its super easy to make a flip tag, but not everyone grew up around leggo's and erector sets, so... those people would still rather buy it... You could easily engineer a spring loaded tag that you could flip up with your finger
Gr1n1n is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 06:02 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1n1n
Hehehe.... Yeah, I mean its super easy to make a flip tag, but not everyone grew up around leggo's and erector sets, so... those people would still rather buy it... You could easily engineer a spring loaded tag that you could flip up with your finger
well when you are running from the cops, there is no time to flip a finger back there to find the plate. I need one to hit the button and hide mode she goes.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 06:31 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 662
I'll get right to designing one... you could probably use a brake cable from a road bicycle and a reworked hinge and spring.... lets see what i come up with
Gr1n1n is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 07:14 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Its show only!

By the law most of us aren't allowed to jet/PCIII our bikes, put on pipes, burn cd's, change blinkers, speedscreeens or alot of thing.

Heck why are stunters allowed to video tape themselves breaking the law on public streets, sell the video of them doing it and not get tickets in the mail....




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 07:21 PM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
It depends, if the stunters video taped themselves wrecking into some lady's minivan, then they would get in some sh*t. If some guy that caused an accident and used this to escape and they had proof it was this company's product, they could go after them.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 07:43 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolEngineer
It depends, if the stunters video taped themselves wrecking into some lady's minivan, then they would get in some sh*t. If some guy that caused an accident and used this to escape and they had proof it was this company's product, they could go after them.

It's really hard to go after the manufacturer when you miss use a legal product. There are times when I used to ride my enduro bikes that I would have loved to have such a device. I used to ride my bike to the trail areas and then bend the sh*t out my plate while riding in the strip pits and trails or I would have to take the plate off... That would be a legal use for this product.
bumblebee is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 08:10 AM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee
It's really hard to go after the manufacturer when you miss use a legal product. There are times when I used to ride my enduro bikes that I would have loved to have such a device. I used to ride my bike to the trail areas and then bend the sh*t out my plate while riding in the strip pits and trails or I would have to take the plate off... That would be a legal use for this product.
I am not talking just criminal, I am talking civil too. It requires much less than a criminal trial, just look at the lady who spilt hot coffee on herself from a mcdonalds cup that said caution hot....

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome