Two Wheel Forums banner

Stuntin' or Kneedraggin'

15K views 81 replies 27 participants last post by  zubov85 
#1 ·
I know I'm still a rookie and I'm not suppose to do this, but I can talk about it at least.:wink: Which is harder to do? Which is more fun? Which do you guys preffer? I have had my bike in some good curves but I'm not ready to drag, hard enough gettin use to leaning. As goes for stuntin', I want to make sure I can handle two tires before I try one.

#2 ·
to me kneedraggin or at least hanging the curves is more fun. To me riding a wheelie at 100mph on a public road is just plain stoopid and just begging to get hurt/killed. Now for as stunting in a closed control environment (swept of debris etc.) is fun to watch, I dont wont to do it but :lol: One reson alot of us dont think dragging a knee on the street is as bad as stunting is because it can be done w/o breaking the speed limit (not in all cases) and doesnt endanger others (unless speeding). But even still its safer n smarter to take it to the track. But we all know how we are when we have skills, we like to use em n show off, after all WE ALL are human, well maybe not OSP but hes still kewl in my book :lol:

#3 ·
Most everyone on here will tell you knee dragging ... but if you watch Super Bike TV and they just had a bunch of pros from diffrent aspects of bike riding.. and they all seemed to like and agree that Stunting is very fun and very difficult .. All i know is Stunting is a lot of fun to watch ..

#13 ·
kneedragging is much easier than stunting. stunting requires more balance and throttle control. kneedragging is considered the gentleman's sport while stunting is more ghetto.

kneedragging on the streets is also more dangerous than stunting on the streets. kneedragging requires high speed. wheelies can be done at low speeds.

cloverleafing gets one used to the lean angles. stunting requires a few bailouts to get it perfected. on the street, i totaled a few bikes on the twisties. for stunting, the damages were repairable at low cost.

i also do dirt (hill climbs) and drag. off road (motocross) is by far the most physically demanding.

-a|ex

#21 ·
I'll admit stunters (actual good stunters, not just asshat ones that do the same wheelie and stoppie up and down parking lots) have VERY good skills in terms of throttle control, clutch smoothness, braking feel, etc. However, that chit is lame to me. Riding hard on a twisty desolate road, or even better, on the track, is f&*king heaven.

Kneedragging FTW!!!!

:iagree:

#22 ·
In my personal opinion, stunting is harder, but it requires more practice and a safe place to do it, kneedragging if you've got a decent road, or the dragon nearby, you can practice on your way to or from work/school/wherever every day.

#25 ·
Are you trying to tell me that where you live, it is easier to find a public road that is twisty enough, non-residential enough, cop-less enough, and well-paved enough to drag knee than it is to find a damn parking lot?

Where the hell is this? Cuz I'm gonna move there ASAP.

#29 ·
I do both and on different days, I have different feelings. They both require lots of skill and they both are fun. Do them both. Just try to be safe no matter what you are doing

#53 ·
Im a newb hell I dont even have my bike...YET (SV650SF in 2008 baby!) but I already know where my love lies...
In the twisties. Thats what got me into riding to begin with :)
I dont see myself riding twisties for a while and I dont see myself even ATTEMPTING to drag knee for even long but I would LOVE to ride on the track someday.
I think it differs from person to person really :) What got you into riding is usually what most people strive to go after. Like somne people got into it to go fast...they end up wanting to drag & so on...then there are a few that want to do it all. 3 of my best friends are those types. They want to do it ALL. Dirt, track, drag, stunt, trials (<<< I COULD NEVER DO!!!)...they just love bikes in general and want to do it all.

Whats hardest? It all depends on your skillset I guess. I mean for some leaning comes naturally but they might want to stunt so its harder for them then what track might be. You get my point :)

It all depends on the person :)
If you like it all I say try one that you feel the skills come easiest to you first THEN try some of the other things :) the more involved you get in the community the more you learn and more skills & knowledge you obtain :) Try it all :) whatever makes you happy!

#72 ·
you guys are all f'n squids, I hate these threads that put different styles of riding against each other and then people bash each style. those people that are doing silly little wheelies in parkinglots are the ones that will grow to the stunters we see on tv, the same way the knee draggers have to learn the art and cant jump right on a bike and go balls out into a turn.
I enjoy all riding, track days on my gsxr750, stunting on my gsxr100, and brisk street rides on my MV, anyone who bash's another style should just strap one of these on when they ride
[/IMG]and STFU!!!

#79 ·
in Respects to both.... neither is harder than the other.... both require alot of time and skills in order to excel in which ever one you like... its just a preference.. i like to do both but havent have the chance to go to a track so my kneedragging experience isnt top notice.. stunting am slowing learning by going to the UPS near me and stunting their parking lot every sunday... made a deal with the security guard we can do everything their just limit the burnouts.. he likes to watch.. so just get out their and try and find which one you feel is more comfortable with your "style"..other than that goodluck and wear your gear :dthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.