Two Wheel Forums banner

My New Helmet!!

7K views 59 replies 25 participants last post by  kbubp 
#1 ·
Just ordered this Friday at my local shop, cant wait to get it in and try it out!!! Anyone else have this one or know anyone who does that might give some personal reviews??

See less See more
#4 ·
well I was STRONGLY considering a scorpion helmet after wearing my brothers for a bit... the fit was SOOOO much better than my ARAI.. (not that my Arai was bad... just not as comfy as the scorpion) but I was hesitant because of the issue with the first click of the visor was like half open... they fixed that... the flip down visor is AWESOME... but I really think the pump up cheek pads will be one of my favorite features... with my Arai they didn't quite squeeze my face... and my only option was to buy thicker ones... which were $35+ no thanks...

#9 ·
Congrats, that internal visor looks cool.

I tried an EXO700 on. Fit was good, but it wasn't as good quality as my Shoei. Is the 1000 a step up?

#11 ·
I wanted one, but it fit my head poorly. So I didn't even consider it. The flip down visor would be nice, but the inflatable cheek pads make me nervous. I owned several inflatable shoes and a hat back when they were popular in the 90's. What worries me is what happened to all my shoes and my hat, they pretty much always exploded. Those shoes/hat were not the most long lasting clothing items I ever purchased.

Now that I own a Shoei X-11, I will never wear anything else. Talk about comfort, that helmet is the chit. I recommend them very much.

#13 ·
Too heavy for me, and the visor actually cut my vision in half, like it's a straight visor, not aviator shaped like pilot helmets. They made it short so it wouldn't hit your nose but instead it stopped right in the middle of my eyes. May just be my bad experience.

#21 ·
Congrats Rae!! I have three helmets, all new do to diferent losses of a total of 6 last summer! But I want that one!!! Im so jelous!

Im a helmet junky if ya cant tell! But then I didnt wear anyother gear!

#24 ·
i was about to make a post tonight aobut how the Exo1000 was like sex for the head that sits on top of my neck.. it fit me AMAZING... i put it on, pumped it up and had a huge grin for three hours after.. especially when u can get em for under 300$ it fit better then the race rep 650$ arais and AGV vale models that i tried on.... I almost bought it but really shouldnt and wanna wait till more graphics for it come out since my engine is coming outta my bike this weekedn and i wwont be riding it anytime too soon....

But its the most amazing feeling helmet i have ever felt and quality truely was TOP NOTCH... GREAT buy

#30 ·
I have one already, they are awesome. Well except for designs, shoei blows goats in graphics. You can turn you head sideways at full throttle on superslab and not notice the difference because of how aerodynamic they made them. You need a good round head to fit em properly though.

#37 ·
well, folks, i finally got the silly thing in....after weeks of waiting...and my bike is STILL in the shop so i havent been able to test it out yet...so far fit seems good, the drop down visor is friggin awesome, but without taking it out on the road I cant give a review...

should be getting my bike back tomorrow (cross your fingers!!) and hopefully will be riding to bike night...i'll check in as soon as I test it out!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.