Akro CF Pipe on my R6 - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post


You also must get a akra carbon pipe for your bike because it just looks to sick to pass up







Cool man, thanks. So if you do that, those hosts automatically resize? Because when I upload it to my gmail it retains the size from my digicam, which is HUGE.



Last edited by Gas Man; 05-22-2007 at 10:52 PM.
ceo012384 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 03:13 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post


You also must get a akra carbon pipe for your bike because it just looks to sick to pass up



HOLY F'n SICK!



marko138 is offline  
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post


You also must get a akra carbon pipe for your bike because it just looks to sick to pass up




So can you still keep yama's EXUP system in there with that?

I'm quite a newb, just bought the bike last week!...
ceo012384 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Supporting Member
October 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
tallywacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Patrol base in IRAQ
Posts: 2,694
Send a message via AIM to tallywacker Send a message via Yahoo to tallywacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
HOLY F'n SICK!
Its almost if God intended it to be that way

www.myspace.com/kurtpittman
3/320th FA RAKKASANS

GHOST RIDE THE WHIP
tallywacker is offline  
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 03:15 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
HOLY F'n SICK!
I like the Akra carbon so much that I got two.
fpzx10 is offline  
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
HOLY F'n SICK!


That first pic is so money... The blue hues reflecting off the black is so money... If it weren't for that chit in the background, I'd make that biznatch into a poster...
OneSickPsycho is offline  
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post


That first pic is so money... The blue hues reflecting off the black is so money... If it weren't for that chit in the background, I'd make that biznatch into a poster...
, I want to get that exhaust for my bike now, but I'm worried about two things:

1. How much louder than stock is it? I don't need any neighbors hating me, I come in at odd hours sometimes.

2. Does yama's EXUP exhaust valving system remain intact?

It looks so sick. I WANT IT
ceo012384 is offline  
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 09:12 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,162
Most aftermarket exhausts are designed to keep the bike the way it was intended. Un less you opt for the full exhaust. A slip on will be just fine. And yes it will be a lil louder, but those R6's are alread a lil loud stock..So not too much of a change. I think youll like it.
Brizz is offline  
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 10:52 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Split off his original test thread...




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 06:58 AM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
Looks like it sticks out a good ways, I am not sure I like that too much.

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 07:27 AM
TWF Champion
 
Phenix_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SouthWest, PA
Posts: 3,230
Send a message via AIM to Phenix_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesickpsycho View Post


That first pic is so money... The blue hues reflecting off the black is so money... If it weren't for that chit in the background, I'd make that biznatch into a poster...
Photochop! It wouldn't be too hard for someone that's any good to lose that fence and building in the back.
Phenix_Rider is offline  
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 07:31 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
, I want to get that exhaust for my bike now, but I'm worried about two things:

1. How much louder than stock is it? I don't need any neighbors hating me, I come in at odd hours sometimes.

2. Does yama's EXUP exhaust valving system remain intact?

It looks so sick. I WANT IT

1. It's gonna be louder than stock. It'll be more deep and throaty. Fu*k your neighbors. they'll be jealous of how sweet that sounds.

2. Your Exup valves are connected to your stock silencer. If you go with an aftermarket slip-on, you'll loose the Exup valve. Just disconnect it and zip-tie the cables to the frame somewhere. You won't loose power or anything like that. Trust me.
DLIT is offline  
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
1. It's gonna be louder than stock. It'll be more deep and throaty. Fu*k your neighbors. they'll be jealous of how sweet that sounds.

2. Your Exup valves are connected to your stock silencer. If you go with an aftermarket slip-on, you'll loose the Exup valve. Just disconnect it and zip-tie the cables to the frame somewhere. You won't loose power or anything like that. Trust me.
Cool, man.

I was just worried the ECU might get mad if it got some signals saying the EXUP servo motor wasn't working right or something like that.

So you left the servo and cables there and functioning, just tied off somewhere?

ceo012384 is offline  
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Looks like it sticks out a good ways, I am not sure I like that too much.
Yeah it does look like it goes out kinda far, the stock looks like it might be a little shorter... It would not be cool to dive into a right-hander and catch your akra on the ground... hmmm
ceo012384 is offline  
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 03:52 PM
 
saverok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nashville,tn
Posts: 3,906
just my

but the akras rock much azzzzzz

I will not go another route anytime soon.

ok...carry on..

Quote:
They call me Mr. Saverok
Silence is golden: Duct tape is silver.
saverok is offline  
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,934
How does the akra compare to the yoshi or leo vince carbon slip-ons, like this or this?

Although I found the akra on a huge sale for like 375 but they were temporarily out of stock...
ceo012384 is offline  
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 06:56 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
Cool, man.

I was just worried the ECU might get mad if it got some signals saying the EXUP servo motor wasn't working right or something like that.

So you left the servo and cables there and functioning, just tied off somewhere?

The only time you'll get error codes is if you remove the servo completely. I just zip-tied my cables to the frame.
DLIT is offline  
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 06:57 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
Yeah it does look like it goes out kinda far, the stock looks like it might be a little shorter... It would not be cool to dive into a right-hander and catch your akra on the ground... hmmm
There's no way in hell you'll scrape that pipe.
DLIT is offline  
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Supporting Member
October 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
tallywacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Patrol base in IRAQ
Posts: 2,694
Send a message via AIM to tallywacker Send a message via Yahoo to tallywacker
Yeah that one pic just makes it look like it sticks out. Its actually pretty flush with the bike. The only way your gonna drag it is if your bikes already on its sliding into a tree

www.myspace.com/kurtpittman
3/320th FA RAKKASANS

GHOST RIDE THE WHIP
tallywacker is offline  
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 08:49 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
I've seen one in person. It won't drag at all. I'll sell you my Scorpion for 225 bucks.



DLIT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome