Would you like to see a motocross forum? - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
View Poll Results: Would you like to see a motocross forum?
Yes, great idea. I'd post there 13 18.57%
I have no opinion, doesn't matter to me 34 48.57%
No, we don't need another forum. What's next, Harleys? 23 32.86%
We should get rid of some little forums before adding new ones 3 4.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
ShanMan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FREE THE HOPS!
Posts: 10,104
Would you like to see a motocross forum?

A suggestion was made to create a motocross forum, perhaps as a sub-forum to the track forum. What do you think?
ShanMan14 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 06:46 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,016
I voted 'no opinion' b/c I'm not really into it but not against either.



marko138 is offline  
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 07:27 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
I'd post there.
Rider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 07:54 AM
TWF Board Of Directors

 
Trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,484
Send a message via AIM to Trip
no...

2005 Honda CRF88RR - 2007 Honda CBR600RR
Trip is offline  
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Rae
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I voted 'no opinion' b/c I'm not really into it but not against either.
Rae is offline  
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 09:14 AM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Shan what is comes down to is this. Do you want people spending more time on TWF or do you want them to have to split time between TWF and some other forum? As a business man, I think you want all the people here on TWF posting as much as possible. Its your forum, you make the call.
Rider is offline  
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 10:47 AM
 
saverok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: nashville,tn
Posts: 3,906
I agree with GR_Z750s_rider
but I did vote on the doesn't matter to me. I'm not really in to motorcross that much myself.

Quote:
They call me Mr. Saverok
Silence is golden: Duct tape is silver.
saverok is offline  
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 10:55 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,017
i'd rather see a nude biker chick forum or nude ex-biker gf's with pics ( . Y . )

":^)

-a|ex
Back _Marker is offline  
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 10:55 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,652
i personaly dont ride dirt, so i prolly wouldnt post init. No was my vote
stomper173 is offline  
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
ShanMan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FREE THE HOPS!
Posts: 10,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR_Z750s_rider View Post
Shan what is comes down to is this. Do you want people spending more time on TWF or do you want them to have to split time between TWF and some other forum? As a business man, I think you want all the people here on TWF posting as much as possible. Its your forum, you make the call.
I understand that viewpoint, but using that logic should we have a cruiser forum? Maybe a sport touring forum? Maybe a custom chopper forum? Most of us have automobiles, how about a car and truck forum? I want people spending their time here and 90% of the forum posters are men, so how about a babes forum? Where does it end?

We have a pocketbikes forum, for instance. There are only 27 threads in that forum. There are other similar forums on our site with little traffic. I'm not saying motocross would have more or less, that's the point of this poll: to find out the interest.

From a new member standpoint, if I am looking for a forum to spend my time on, I want one with activity. I want one where I know that if I post a question and need help, I'm going to get a response quickly. One way to determine that is to look at the forum traffic. Right now, if I was a huge into pocketbikes, I'd look at our pocketbike forum and continue searching the web for something with more pocketbike traffic.

What's worse, not having a pocketbike forum at all, or having one with little traffic? In my experience you're better off not having one rather than advertising you don't have any traffic.

So, "as a business man" I have to make sure the forum is appealing to both new and old members.
ShanMan14 is offline  
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Contest Winner
'07 Rally Veteran
November 2007 BOTM Winner!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cbus, OH, and about 100,000 posts behind the post whore
Posts: 7,649
Send a message via AIM to drewpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanMan14 View Post
I understand that viewpoint, but using that logic should we have a cruiser forum? Maybe a sport touring forum? Maybe a custom chopper forum? Most of us have automobiles, how about a car and truck forum? I want people spending their time here and 90% of the forum posters are men, so how about a babes forum? Where does it end?

We have a pocketbikes forum, for instance. There are only 27 threads in that forum. There are other similar forums on our site with little traffic. I'm not saying motocross would have more or less, that's the point of this poll: to find out the interest.

From a new member standpoint, if I am looking for a forum to spend my time on, I want one with activity. I want one where I know that if I post a question and need help, I'm going to get a response quickly. One way to determine that is to look at the forum traffic. Right now, if I was a huge into pocketbikes, I'd look at our pocketbike forum and continue searching the web for something with more pocketbike traffic.

What's worse, not having a pocketbike forum at all, or having one with little traffic? In my experience you're better off not having one rather than advertising you don't have any traffic.

So, "as a business man" I have to make sure the forum is appealing to both new and old members.
i would jump in a dirt forum, but it would have to involve quads, but i would personally love to see a babe forum per your suggestion above , or what about a nws section? and im not talkin about just having a bunch of nuddys on it just some dirty jokes, maybe a more mature section either way



"It takes alot of anything to make my bike to something"
2001 RC51
drewpy is offline  
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:03 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
I couldn't care less if it's added.

But I gotta say that at the bottom of the logo it says "Internet's SB community", but it's not uncommon for forums to have different categories either. I know I wouldn't view it much. No interest in MX.
DLIT is offline  
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
ShanMan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FREE THE HOPS!
Posts: 10,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
i would jump in a dirt forum, but it would have to involve quads,

And there you have it... so if we made the jump to dirt is the next progression to quads? Now how far have we strayed from "Internet's sportbike community?"

I really appreciate the input. I realize after re-reading my posts I appear anti-MX, but I want to stress I'm not against anything. But, before changes are made I must play devil's advocate and weigh all options.

Keep the comments rolling!
ShanMan14 is offline  
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:31 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,420
It could be interesting the dirt bike I have has pavement oriented scooter tires on it. I am more interested in trail riding and that sort of stuff while I respect motocross I don't follow it very closely or have any interest in doing it. So I say yes have a dirt section but don't call it motocross call it all things dirt or some other kind of catch all name...
byron12 is offline  
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:37 PM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by byron12 View Post
It could be interesting the dirt bike I have has pavement oriented scooter tires on it. I am more interested in trail riding and that sort of stuff while I respect motocross I don't follow it very closely or have any interest in doing it. So I say yes have a dirt section but don't call it motocross call it all things dirt or some other kind of catch all name...
I'd be cool with that, lump all the offroad stuff together.
Rider is offline  
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 12:45 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by byron12 View Post
It could be interesting the dirt bike I have has pavement oriented scooter tires on it. I am more interested in trail riding and that sort of stuff while I respect motocross I don't follow it very closely or have any interest in doing it. So I say yes have a dirt section but don't call it motocross call it all things dirt or some other kind of catch all name...
That;'s a good idea.
DLIT is offline  
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Factory Racer
 
Stunt4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,398
Send a message via AIM to Stunt4Life
I like places that are exclusively one thing. Im a membet at at least 5 forums and this one being the broadest.


WOT is more than just a throttle position, it's a LIFESTYLE
http://www.myspace.com/dicedamoderator +me
Stunt4Life is offline  
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
ShanMan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FREE THE HOPS!
Posts: 10,104
So far 47% don't care, 37% say no. That leaves 16% that really want the forum.
ShanMan14 is offline  
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 03:58 PM
TWF Board Of Directors
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanMan14 View Post
So far 47% don't care, 37% say no. That leaves 16% that really want the forum.
Keep the poll open a little while longer.
Rider is offline  
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 04:05 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 17,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanMan14 View Post
So far 47% don't care, 37% say no. That leaves 16% that really want the forum.
Pssst. You should see the votes in the January BOTM poll.
DLIT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome