Will you spend your rebate check? - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
View Poll Results: How will you spend your rebate?
On bike mods! 1 4.55%
Toward a new bike! 2 9.09%
Buy something else 4 18.18%
Payoff debt 13 59.09%
Other 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
ShanMan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FREE THE HOPS!
Posts: 10,104
Will you spend your rebate check?

With the government sending out rebate checks to most taxpayers, how will you spend it?
ShanMan14 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 11:08 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 455
2 adults + 4 kids ....that's $2,400 ....I'm getting one Hell of a vacation this summer !
warputer is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 07:06 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,314
i know its boring... but im saving it. BOOOOOOOOO IM DULL!!!!!!!!!!
JK_DILLA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 08:46 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33
bills suck yo
Gimmespeed is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 07:31 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 71
I was going to buy accessories but the bike came in early so I've been buying stuff recently like helmet and a receiver carrier.
bradiniowa is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 07:49 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 107
Well, considering that I have to pay quarterly taxes and AMT, I think they have already spent my refund.
zoey is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 12:22 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24
ZOEY.. WHAT'S UP?! I'm buyin a house and the less debt you have, the better off you are. All my refunds and rebates are paying off debt..
8secondQuarter is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 09:46 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,790
I can't decide if I want to pay off some debt, or put the money towards new kitchen cabinets.
R1up0n1 is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 09:59 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 646
I don't know yet. Either a cheap atv maybe a blaster or something like that or use it to help buy a bigger steel building. My man cave is only a 12X16 so I may add on to it.
jnn7404 is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 09:58 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,259
Well after doing our taxes it doesn't look like we'll be getting one. I think these smilies pretty much some of all of my feelings about this.
z06boy is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:37 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Well after doing our taxes it doesn't look like we'll be getting one. I think these smilies pretty much some of all of my feelings about this.
WTF ? You making about 300K a year ?
warputer is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:36 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by warputer View Post
WTF ? You making about 300K a year ?
I wish.

No but if you make over $75k or as a couple make over $150k...you get zilch...nada...nuttin' honey.

I paid my taxes just like everybody else and have paid taxes for years so it would be nice to get MY $600 back and the wife would like to get HER $600 back just like everybody else...that's all.
z06boy is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 03:38 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,688
I already spent it on a Peavey Millenium AC BXP 5 It was a toss up between new rubber for the SV or that... and since I've been on the water more than on the roads... The indoor toy won.
justpucky is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 10:49 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I wish.

No but if you make over $75k or as a couple make over $150k...you get zilch...nada...nuttin' honey.

I paid my taxes just like everybody else and have paid taxes for years so it would be nice to get MY $600 back and the wife would like to get HER $600 back just like everybody else...that's all.
Dayum...I thought it was reduced ...not Zilch ! It's not like this BS payout is gonna get us out of the recession anyway.
warputer is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 09:30 AM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by warputer View Post
Dayum...I thought it was reduced ...not Zilch ! It's not like this BS payout is gonna get us out of the recession anyway.
No kidding...it would be nice to have it but considering how many say they will spend it. I don't see how it's going to "stimulate" the economy...maybe fill up a few gas tanks I guess.
z06boy is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:15 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
No kidding...it would be nice to have it but considering how many say they will spend it. I don't see how it's going to "stimulate" the economy...maybe fill up a few gas tanks I guess.
I don't really have any plans for my whopping $600.00, but I'll probably just bank it. This "rebate" thing is really nothing more than a political farce. The cost of administering it is going to be huge, and have minimal effect. With the high likelyhood of foreign products being being purchased with the money, we will partially stimulate other country's economies instead. Oh well though, we still get a couple extra bucks!
Toy Store is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
ShanMan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FREE THE HOPS!
Posts: 10,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Store View Post
I don't really have any plans for my whopping $600.00, but I'll probably just bank it. This "rebate" thing is really nothing more than a political farce. The cost of administering it is going to be huge, and have minimal effect. With the high likelyhood of foreign products being being purchased with the money, we will partially stimulate other country's economies instead. Oh well though, we still get a couple extra bucks!
That being the case, at least your local govts get sales tax out of it.
ShanMan14 is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 12:10 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanMan14 View Post
That being the case, at least your local govts get sales tax out of it.
Hmmm, I don't feel any better for some reason.
Toy Store is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:11 PM
TWF Champion
 
Phenix_Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SouthWest, PA
Posts: 3,230
Send a message via AIM to Phenix_Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_DILLA View Post
i know its boring... but im saving it. BOOOOOOOOO IM DULL!!!!!!!!!!
My regular tax return (very nice) went into a CD to earn some nice interest. The rebate (puny) will probably buy me a hugger and some new riding jeans.

Check This: Hot New Artist Sailing up the charts!

'07 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue
Got Gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
All riders take risks- what you wear usually reflects your respect for the bike and general knowledge of riding.
Phenix_Rider is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Rookie
 
Tempe_Ty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: tempe arizona
Posts: 120
paying on my kawi fun card. which isn't fun when that 21.9% bill comes in every month.

http://desertdemons.org/ddforum/index.php
http://zx-10r.net/forum/index.php?s=

RACISM WON'T END, UNTIL THEY CHANGE THE TASTE OF BLACK LICORICE ..............

YOU HAVEN'T LIVED LIFE, UNTIL YOU'VE FELT THE PLEASURE OF A WARM HOLE.....
Tempe_Ty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome