Two Wheel Forums banner

A ? Before I Buy

4K views 48 replies 14 participants last post by  jeeps84 
#1 ·
i know i asked earlier but all you guys said were the tires you buy

what kind of tire can i buy that isent cheapo?? i dont need top of the line but ui need to ride without lowsiding in the corners

#3 ·
I've got Metzeler Roadtec Z6's front and rear (just put the front on a couple days ago, rear a couple months ago). So far no complaints with them! They're more of a sport-touring tire though, since we have no twisties whatsoever and most of my riding is straight ahead highway riding. For twisties or track use though, the Sportec M1's are great tires from all the reviews I've read... never tried them personally though. Both are about the same price roughly (the front I just bought there was $1.00 difference between the Z6 and M1). I bought mine from a local MC store. The one I got before though I think I got from www.tiresunlimited.com if I remember right, and they had real good prices

#5 ·
Bull

i just put a ContiRoadAttack on mine, its listed as sports touring but bout as soft as a sport... just deep tread... its a REALLY good price,.. i just put it on and like the traction, but it should last too... and one of hte cheapest tires youll find, bout 10$ less then the Metzelars online at www.americanmotortire.com and the reveiws all siad it was a REALLY good tire

#6 ·
just my opinion but. after i wrecked my mustand, due to cheaper tires in the rain. i now ill only by tires for my car and my bike that are at least the top 5 tires, usually top 2. after seeing how shiotty tires and f up ur day i wont do it again. but the Metzeler sound ok.

#10 ·
twisty said:
I would go with the pilot powers They are best tire out and perform above any other in the rain. Just ask all the Mags that has tested them.

http://www.tireexpress.com/

The cheapest tire website on the planet.....:lol: They give racer discounts aswell
:withstupi Powers are the only tires to consider now!!

Those others may have been good but not anymore... Pilot Powers all the way! The only tire to consider. Everybody else can just shut it and post up more websites... the tire debate is done... now let's talk sites...

Oh, 636... just think about the Powers... it's all in the POWERs!!!!

#11 ·
Gas Man said:
:withstupi Powers are the only tires to consider now!!

Those others may have been good but not anymore... Pilot Powers all the way! The only tire to consider. Everybody else can just shut it and post up more websites... the tire debate is done... now let's talk sites...

Oh, 636... just think about the Powers... it's all in the POWERs!!!!
I 3rd that notion.. Picked mine up last night.. Get Pilot Powers or keep that bike in the garage and go home..

#13 ·
Im sure the powers are good, but does Bull need a sticky sport tire.....

the way i chose my tires when im gonna race is to look at what the top supersport riders are using...and as far as i can see..most of the top supersport riders have DUNLOP on their bikes..... :thumbs:

#14 ·
ony thing i have hear between dunlop 208s and power is that the powers heat up quicker and dont last as long. but either one would be good. i dont see bull dragging knee anytime on his first tire but then again i didnt think i would be getting that close either. bothe tires are good. just make sure its a sticky tire, dont buy a touring tire in my opinion, i like it soft and sticky. dunlop, michlen, pirelli, i have heard good things about. jsut so happens everyone on any forum i go an says the power are the ones this year.

#15 ·
zx636r said:
ony thing i have hear between dunlop 208s and power is that the powers heat up quicker and dont last as long. but either one would be good. i dont see bull dragging knee anytime on his first tire but then again i didnt think i would be getting that close either. bothe tires are good. just make sure its a sticky tire, dont buy a touring tire in my opinion, i like it soft and sticky. dunlop, michlen, pirelli, i have heard good things about. jsut so happens everyone on any forum i go an says the power are the ones this year.
ya ive hear good things on the pilots also...if i was gonna race, id have to try the pilot race tires...even though im a dunlop guy :dthumb:

#16 ·
GsxrJack said:
Im sure the powers are good, but does Bull need a sticky sport tire.....

the way i chose my tires when im gonna race is to look at what the top supersport riders are using...and as far as i can see..most of the top supersport riders have DUNLOP on their bikes..... :thumbs:
Mostly because of the contincy money Dunlop gives out. The powers are not race tires they are sticky street tires that have been proven to be better than other tire on the market. DOT race tires and DOT street tires are a bit different. Now the Power Race tires are what will be used by the supersport riders.

#17 ·
The only thing I have to say about Dunlop is they might be good for the track but they suck on the street - wear out fast fast fast.. If you are a top pro racer why would you care as you have lots of money and trade them out every damn lap anyways right? But I wouldn't recommend Dunlop on the street.. The Battleaxes I had lasted forever so if you are looking economy non-performance tire go with the battleaxes but for the same amount of money at www.tireexpress.com you can get the Pilot Powers - why not get a better tire for the money?

#19 ·
twisty said:
Mostly because of the contincy money Dunlop gives out. The powers are not race tires they are sticky street tires that have been proven to be better than other tire on the market. DOT race tires and DOT street tires are a bit different. Now the Power Race tires are what will be used by the supersport riders.
I do understand contidency money, but if the tires were no good, they wouldnt be the top riders now would they... :wink:

ya, its the pilot race, is the tire with race compound...powers is for agressive street riding with some track days...sport is for more track days and race is for all out racing tires....but i still am a dunlop guy....

#20 ·
GsxrJack said:
I do understand contidency money, but if the tires were no good, they wouldnt be the top riders now would they... :wink:

ya, its the pilot race, is the tire with race compound...powers is for agressive street riding with some track days...sport is for more track days and race is for all out racing tires....but i still am a dunlop guy....

i have tried alot tires and like the feedback from the pilots, Dunlops never gave me that much and metz would give me some right before the broke traction.

#23 ·
okay pilot powers with a metztler front???
is that good??? :skep: :dthumb:

#26 ·
GsxrJack said:
im not a big fan of mixing brands, due to different profiles etc...id stay with a metzler rear.....

metzlers make some real nice street tires.....you wont be disappointed.....trust me

metz are the bottom feeders now-a-days, they cant hold their own put next to the Pilots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.