August 2006 Bike Of The Month - Page 3 - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:46 AM
 
Gixxer911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138
Def. I'm down with Sept.
Cool, I'll check out the calendar tonight and see what weekends I have open and let you know. We'll go from there.

Gixxer911 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:48 AM
 
marko138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA 17025
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer911
Cool, I'll check out the calendar tonight and see what weekends I have open and let you know. We'll go from there.
Awesome.



marko138 is offline  
post #43 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:54 AM
 
Gixxer911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138
Awesome.
Any routes in mind? I was thinking maybe ride down to OC for the day on the 16th for Bike Week. Don't know just throwing it out there. What do you think? I'm down with whatever.

Gixxer911 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:58 AM
 
marko138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA 17025
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer911
Any routes in mind? I was thinking maybe ride down to OC for the day on the 16th for Bike Week. Don't know just throwing it out there. What do you think? I'm down with whatever.
Sept 16? That might work. That's one hell of a haul though. I dont know any roads down your way...so depends on where we meet. If you come up here we can hit some good roads. Either way is cool with me.



marko138 is offline  
post #45 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:05 AM
 
Gixxer911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138
Sept 16? That might work. That's one hell of a haul though. I dont know any roads down your way...so depends on where we meet. If you come up here we can hit some good roads. Either way is cool with me.
How big a group do you want to ride with? I can get all the Team Shocker guys to ride if it's down this way. Around 20 or so maybe more, if you wnat to keep it low profile me and Nitro and my bro maybe could head up your way and ride with you and your boyz. We'll get something figured out for sure. OC is probably gonna be crazy but a blast no doubt. Check out my myspace page and in my friends the Pine Grove Riders are doing something on the 27th of this month. Stunt shows, amature stoppie contest, food, music. I won't be around but if you are interested check it out. Sounds like a good time.

Gixxer911 is offline  
post #46 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:11 AM
 
marko138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA 17025
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer911
How big a group do you want to ride with? I can get all the Team Shocker guys to ride if it's down this way. Around 20 or so maybe more, if you wnat to keep it low profile me and Nitro and my bro maybe could head up your way and ride with you and your boyz. We'll get something figured out for sure. OC is probably gonna be crazy but a blast no doubt. Check out my myspace page and in my friends the Pine Grove Riders are doing something on the 27th of this month. Stunt shows, amature stoppie contest, food, music. I won't be around but if you are interested check it out. Sounds like a good time.
I'd rather keep it small....I'm not big into the huge groups. I usually ride with one guy up here. Other than that I'm flying solo. But as long as your boys are stunt crazy I could do a bigger group. I'm just a little uneasy with large groups and stunting, you know?



marko138 is offline  
post #47 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 09:25 AM
 
Gixxer911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138
I'd rather keep it small....I'm not big into the huge groups. I usually ride with one guy up here. Other than that I'm flying solo. But as long as your boys are stunt crazy I could do a bigger group. I'm just a little uneasy with large groups and stunting, you know?
That's cool, most of the guys just wheelie and they stay out front. Everybody else hangs behind. On Herr's night a frind of ours Jeff spun a bearing in his motor because he did a wheelie for so long there wasn't enough oil being pushed up into the motor. $1500.00 to fix it, with a few upgrades along the way of course. Somebody told him to run a extra 1/2 quart of oil in his bike because he wheelies such long distances. But that's cool man I'm down with a small group, maybe Nitro and myself can meet up with you and your buddy and ride.

Gixxer911 is offline  
post #48 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 09:45 AM
 
marko138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA 17025
Posts: 24,016
Sounds good man...let me know a weekend and we'll get it rolling.



marko138 is offline  
post #49 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 06:59 AM
 
Gixxer911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138
Sounds good man...let me know a weekend and we'll get it rolling.
Ok, how far are you from the rocks? Jerretsville area

Gixxer911 is offline  
post #50 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 08:42 AM
 
marko138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA 17025
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer911
Ok, how far are you from the rocks? Jerretsville area
Never heard of it. I'm directly across the Susquehanna from Harrisburg. I can see the Capitol building.



marko138 is offline  
post #51 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 09:43 AM
 
Gixxer911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138
Never heard of it. I'm directly across the Susquehanna from Harrisburg. I can see the Capitol building.
Ok, the rocks Rock State Park, bunch of people go there all the time to swim and cook out. Just chill have a little fun. We are thinking about getting a bid group together there one day. A big cook out and maybe do a ride later on before calling it aday. Think you'd be interested?

Gixxer911 is offline  
post #52 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 09:43 AM
 
marko138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA 17025
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer911
Ok, the rocks Rock State Park, bunch of people go there all the time to swim and cook out. Just chill have a little fun. We are thinking about getting a bid group together there one day. A big cook out and maybe do a ride later on before calling it aday. Think you'd be interested?
Hellyeah.



marko138 is offline  
post #53 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 09:52 AM
 
Gixxer911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138
Hellyeah.
Ok Nitro and I rode out yesterday to find a good spot. I'll be sending out a bulletin on myspace once we get something figured out. I'll keep you posted.

Gixxer911 is offline  
post #54 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 10:01 AM
 
marko138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA 17025
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer911
Ok Nitro and I rode out yesterday to find a good spot. I'll be sending out a bulletin on myspace once we get something figured out. I'll keep you posted.
Copy that.



marko138 is offline  
post #55 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 12:52 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
What ever you guys do... take lots of pics!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #56 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:03 AM
 
marko138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA 17025
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
What ever you guys do... take lots of pics!
You know it. At the very least you'll get a snap of the 2 old schoolers together.



marko138 is offline  
post #57 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 10:54 AM
 
Gixxer911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138
You know it. At the very least you'll get a snap of the 2 old schoolers together.
That's a BIG 10-4 on that, I'm gonna make it my background on my computer

Gixxer911 is offline  
post #58 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 10:57 AM
 
marko138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central PA 17025
Posts: 24,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer911
That's a BIG 10-4 on that, I'm gonna make it my background on my computer
That will be one hell of a background.



marko138 is offline  
post #59 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 12:45 PM
 
Gixxer911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138
That will be one hell of a background.
Yeah it will look good

Gixxer911 is offline  
post #60 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 12:45 PM
 
DLIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Drinking Soju in Korea
Posts: 17,886
Send a message via AIM to DLIT
Dear god, you make a lot of bulletin's on Myspace!
DLIT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome