Two Wheel Forums banner

GPS on your ride

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  g-tanner 
#1 ·
I've got a Garmin EMap, a few years old now. It's a great tool for just heading out and wandering aimlessly. I also use it to calibrate the speedo; now if it only had a G-meter. :p

#6 ·
Need4Speed750 said:
whats the prices on these units ?, can they be easily installed?
GPS prices range from $100 to over $1000, just a matter of what features you want. Just do internet search for GPS motorcycle mounting kits ;) Many available.

#8 ·
I just bought (won) a Garmin 2610 unit on eBay. I intend to mount it on my K1200RS. I haven't got it yet but have seen othjers and everybody seems to rave about it. I just bought a new Dodge Magnum and installed a Pioneer in dash GPS unit and can't see how I got along without one. I guess I have the bug now.

#10 ·
Gps

I have a avid hiker and rider. I finish up on hiking one day and put my GPS in my backpack and I did not stop to think about putting it on my Honda Shadow before heading home. It was dark when I left the trail. I needed gas to make home and stopped by a has station. When I left the gas station I lost my bearing but remembered that I had just put my garmin nuvi in my backpack. I pulled it out and I was on my way home safely. Thank God for GPS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.