I got my 2ed Ducati! - TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
I got my 2ed Ducati!

After falling in love with the monster, I took a test ride and fell in love again!
By By Gsxr 1000!
Hello Ducati 998!
Wish I could afford both!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	105_0530.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	490.3 KB
ID:	915   Click image for larger version

Name:	105_0538.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	505.2 KB
ID:	916  
jeeps84 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 06:45 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 396
Congrats man, can't beat an Italian.
jdog is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 01:04 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
nice lookin ride jeeps..that color is pretty sweet! I've always liked the look of the SSS.
Need4Speed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 06:17 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps84
After falling in love with the monster, I took a test ride and fell in love again!
By By Gsxr 1000!
Hello Ducati 998!
Wish I could afford both!
Yikes, swap a GSXR 1000 for a Duc..... That idea just made me sick!! I'm for your bad luck! You're going to be regretting that for a long time. You're going to be riding with a group of guys, they're going to punch it on the h/w and leave you stairing at a bunch of tail lights.

A guy in WOS has a wife that owns a Monster and last time I rode with him, we started to wind it up and at about 108-110 the monster was DONE!!!

Not too mention Twisty is going to tear this thread up...

JDogg, can't beat an Italian???? Yes, I can!

Either way and I'm just glad your on a




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 07:31 AM
Administrator
 
ShanMan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FREE THE HOPS!
Posts: 10,104
Congrats on the bike! There's nothing wrong with Italian!
ShanMan14 is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
Yikes, swap a GSXR 1000 for a Duc..... That idea just made me sick!! I'm for your bad luck! You're going to be regretting that for a long time. You're going to be riding with a group of guys, they're going to punch it on the h/w and leave you stairing at a bunch of tail lights.

A guy in WOS has a wife that owns a Monster and last time I rode with him, we started to wind it up and at about 108-110 the monster was DONE!!!

Not too mention Twisty is going to tear this thread up...

JDogg, can't beat an Italian???? Yes, I can!

Either way and I'm just glad your on a
I still have the GSXR 600, and will always have a Jap bike for ripping up the corners!
I just love the fell & beauty of the Duc's.
No explanations necessary for anybody that has ever ridden one for more than around the block. n:
jeeps84 is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 08:57 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps84
I still have the GSXR 600, and will always have a Jap bike for ripping up the corners!

Until you learn to really ride that Duc, then you'll toss the Jap bike too. The Italians just use better parts.
Mojo is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:53 AM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
I can appreciate a good pasta bike. Their design, frames, and susp. are usually top notch or at least competitive with the Jap bikes. But for power nothing beats those GSXR's, 10R's and R1's....




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 11:43 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
Congrats on the new bike. Still think you should have kept the GSXR.
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 11:47 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR750DJ
Congrats on the new bike. Still think you should have kept the GSXR.

atleast the 600 is still around..better than nothing...

Personally I just dont think they are all that comfortable to ride, but I cant say I have all that much experience on one, so..if you like it, then thats all that matters.

since IM no expert on Ducs...I would think the difference in power between jeeps 998 and a monster, would be something of a nice difference
Need4Speed is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Speed750
atleast the 600 is still around..better than nothing...

Personally I just dont think they are all that comfortable to ride, but I cant say I have all that much experience on one, so..if you like it, then thats all that matters.

since IM no expert on Ducs...I would think the difference in power between jeeps 998 and a monster, would be something of a nice difference
Its no better or worse than a GSXR in the comfort level.
Big difference in power from the 998 to the M900 Monster, its for comfort that performs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
Yikes, swap a GSXR 1000 for a Duc..... That idea just made me sick!! I'm for your bad luck! You're going to be regretting that for a long time. You're going to be riding with a group of guys, they're going to punch it on the h/w and leave you stairing at a bunch of tail lights.

Running 170+ is a rush but WHY??????
I still haven't opened her up all the way yet. ( break in miles )
I know it will out run the Gisxxer 6, and it fells as good or even better in the corners. ( to be determined )
The L twin just has so much more USABLE power than all the brut force of the 1000 or any 750 I have owned or ridden.
We wont even talk about class.
jeeps84 is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 09:35 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
170??? Why not!! Why...because I can and I love it!!

Like I said, don't get me wrong I like alot about the pasta bikes but damn they carry alot of carbs and don't get alot done for that size of a motor!!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
170??? Why not!! Why...because I can and I love it!!

Like I said, don't get me wrong I like alot about the pasta bikes but damn they carry alot of carbs and don't get alot done for that size of a motor!!
Maybe its my age! The whole time I had the 1000 I toped it out three or four times.
One of those was for a video with the speed meter as the star.

Remember they only have two pistons and eight valves.
I think the run pretty damn good!
jeeps84 is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 09:50 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Again, understand, that they are nice bikes...just not my thing! But you might be onto something with that age idea!!! Just keep it on a sportbike and not a HD and I won't bust ya too much!!!!! It's all good then!!!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Moderator
Lifetime Gold Supporting Member
'07 Rally Veteran
 
jeeps84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Western N.C. (The Great Smoky Mountains)
Posts: 20,168
Send a message via MSN to jeeps84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
Again, understand, that they are nice bikes...just not my thing! But you might be onto something with that age idea!!! Just keep it on a sportbike and not a HD and I won't bust ya too much!!!!! It's all good then!!!
H what????
That's what the monster is for.
jeeps84 is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:05 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps84
H what????
That's what the monster is for.

Now your talking our language.
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:07 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
Heck ya!!!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:19 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,263
if anybody ever goes from riding a gixxer to a harley..well then, you'll just have to be flogged..
Need4Speed is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:21 PM
V-Twin Moddin
 
Gas Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 38,916
I was thinking more like a blanket party!!!!




-Chris
aka Gas Man



Was: 2002 Kaw ZX-9R
IS:


is me till the
Gas Man is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:36 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man
I was thinking more like a blanket party!!!!

Haven't done one of those since I was in the service. Dang the bar of soap in a wool sock will mess a guys world up without leaving a mark.
GSXR1000DJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TwoWheelForum: Motorcycle and Sportbike forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome